Minecraft

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

friday updates out, this one requires you to generate a new level to take effect, apparantly could be quite a big aesthetic change
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

If you keep generating a new level you will see the change, you'll know when you see it. And it's not lag, that's just a possible bonus.

Also I retract what I said about this being a finished game, it does have bugs, but it's still great.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

shot2bits wrote:friday updates out, this one requires you to generate a new level to take effect, apparantly could be quite a big aesthetic change
Aww man, I'd just finished my umpteenth castle. This one had a 50% complete lava moat (lava carried up in buckets in a lengthy process) and a hydroponic garden. Oh well, that's alpha for you.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I'd guess you'd only want to start again if you wanted to have the new thing in your world. Personally I'd rather not, especially if it doesn't change with time.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I see what you mean. It's rather cool, but not worth a new map for. Hopefully the other updates don't need a new map. One thing I did notice, might just have been coincidence, was that the new worlds I made were a lot more interesting, with arched cliffs and lagoons.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Erm, hope I'm not spoiling anything here, but has anyone else heard trains whistling? I'm digging around the bottom of a new map and I keep hearing steam trains.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Dog Pants wrote:Erm, hope I'm not spoiling anything here, but has anyone else heard trains whistling? I'm digging around the bottom of a new map and I keep hearing steam trains.
lots of new sounds where put in a couple of days ago, i personally havnt noticed any of them
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

You can hear them chugging every now and then too. Feels like when they're exploring the old subway line in Ghostbusters 2. I've noticed zombies also have new sounds.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Dog Pants wrote:I've noticed zombies also have new sounds.
I thought this when I was luring them to my lame death pit, but I wasn't sure as I'd never got that close before. I've also never noticed mushrooms growing under tree before, is that a new thing? And the new landscape generator does seem to be more extreme.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

spoodie wrote: I thought this when I was luring them to my lame death pit, but I wasn't sure as I'd never got that close before. I've also never noticed mushrooms growing under tree before, is that a new thing? And the new landscape generator does seem to be more extreme.
mushrooms have grown under trees and i think in shade for a while now, and landscape generator has possibly been changed so that sand and gravel will fall on generation instead of when the bottom block in taken out, not sure if thats true and if it is if its the only change
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

notch wrote:Hopefully I’ll have some fun news about MP, but I wouldn’t count on it getting released next week. Within a month, almost surely. Of course, now that I’ve said that, I’ll probably miss the release date by six weeks or something..
just woke up and saw this, probably as close to a release date as will happen
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

He must have only put that up in the last couple of hours, I checked earlier. Regardless of MP taking its time (relatively), I'm constantly impressed at how fast he releases new features. I'm starting to think this is the first game where people will be disappointed when it comes out of development and is released.
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

He should release the source code to people who purchased after he stops updating.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Baliame wrote:He should release the source code to people who purchased after he stops updating.
didn't he already say he'd open sauce it once it was out and people stopped buying it a lot?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I think he did, yes.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Dog Pants wrote:He must have only put that up in the last couple of hours, I checked earlier. Regardless of MP taking its time (relatively), I'm constantly impressed at how fast he releases new features. I'm starting to think this is the first game where people will be disappointed when it comes out of development and is released.
it had been posted 3 seconds ago when i checked the blog, so probably about a minute before i posted
Last edited by shot2bits on July 12th, 2010, 8:09, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

shot2bits wrote:it had been posted 3 seconds ago when i checked the blog, so probably about a minute after i posted
:?

did time have a little oopsy there?
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

*ahem*

im sure i have no idea what your talking about sir
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Presumably multiplayer will require a server, what are we going to do about that?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Invade someone else's and hide there like mole people.