Wiiitis on the rise with Wii players, reports doctor

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

News Reader
Salmon Ninja Pirate Gayer
Salmon Ninja Pirate Gayer

Wiiitis on the rise with Wii players, reports doctor

Post by News Reader »

Image Wiiitis on the rise with Wii players, reports doctor
Filed under: Gaming
Imagedigg_url = 'http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Wiiitis_on ... tor';We've officially got a new gadget-related medical term on our hands people, coined by Dr. Julio Bonis, who woke up one morning and realized his Wii was causing him sports-injury like symptoms. Wiiitis is the name (yes, it's different from Nintendinitis), learn it well. Although it's only good for categorizing one specific type of Wii-related bodily injury, it has been canonized in a letter published by the New England Journal of Medicine, Unfortunately, the treatment may be worse than the disease for some: Bonis prescribed "ibuprofen for one week, as well as complete abstinence from playing Wii video games". Just think of it as a chance to play with your BlackBerry, get in some time with your iPod, make some calls on your high SAR cellphone, or generally geek out with other portable electronics. Hey, doctor's orders.

[Thanks, Neil and Josh]

Read - CNN
Read - NEMJ [Warning: subscription req'd]

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Office Depot Featured Gadget: Xbox 360 Platinum System Packs the power to bring games to life!

Author: Ryan Block
Category: ailmentbreaking newsBreakingNewshealthnemjwiiwiiitis
Publish Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 22:19:00 EST
Read more...

Source: Engadget
Description: Engadget
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I bet mime artists have suffed from this for years.
eion
Grammar Nazi
Grammar Nazi

Post by eion »

My wii was itchy for a while, but I used the cream and the shampoo and it got better.

Stupid crabs.
SquinteyeMckneecap
Ferret
Ferret

Post by SquinteyeMckneecap »

LOL - Crabs

I've actually seen somebody get their front tooth knocked out by somebody playing baseball on WiiSports without the wrist strap on and letting go at full swing. It was funny for everyone but the guy on the receiving end, good job he's got dental insurance.

Took a big chunk out of the top of the controller too!

How long do you think before we see a Wii related death???

/Squinty receives Wii-nunchuck to the temple :weirdface: , stumbles, but he's alright

Squinty ;)
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

SquinteyeMckneecap wrote:How long do you think before we see a Wii related death???
There's already been one, of sorts: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/15/wii_death/
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

I think I actually suffered from Wiiitis about a week after playing Wii Sports Bowling.

My shoulder was absolutely killing me, and the only thing that it could of been was the Wii. :lol:
Stoat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stoat »

Woo Elephant Yeah wrote:I think I actually suffered from Wiiitis about a week after playing Wii Sports Bowling.

My shoulder was absolutely killing me, and the only thing that it could of been was the Wii. :lol:
Hehe, I had this with Wii Tennis. I thought one day "My arm is really hurting, and I can't think why."
Then I picked up the remote, served, cringed and thought "Aah."
cheeseandham
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by cheeseandham »

spoodie wrote: There's already been one, of sorts: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/15/wii_death/
Categorising that as a "Wii-related" death is taking the piss.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

cheeseandham wrote:Categorising that as a "Wii-related" death is taking the piss.
OOF!
SquinteyeMckneecap
Ferret
Ferret

Post by SquinteyeMckneecap »

Those poor kids, no Wii and Mommy really was dying for a piss.... that joke might have been in bad taste, sorry.

That's not Wii related enough, I want too see somebody with a nun-chuck skull fracture from trying to make fireballs on Dragonball - Z!!!

Squinty ;)