Minecraft

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

everything from the update got into mp afaik

but the portals to hell dont actually send you anywhere in mp iirc and theres no damage yet, thats next up aparantly
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

shot2bits wrote:everything from the update got into mp afaik

but the portals to hell dont actually send you anywhere in mp iirc and theres no damage yet, thats next up aparantly
Yep, portals in MP don't work.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Biomes work in SMP and this would probably be the main reason for starting from scratch. I understand they would appear in existing maps, in the areas that hadn't been explored yet. So far away. Hopefully this is the last update for a while that gives you good reason to start again and many future updates can be incorporated into existing maps.

Fishing works but I couldn't pick up the fish. Hell isn't accessible like it should be. There's an option on the server to switch it to Hell only, which may be fun for a short while. :)

I know some people have spent a lot of time and effort on epic constructions and I don't know how they feel about starting from scratch. Comments?
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Ahh, philosoraptor. You ask all the best questions.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

I wouldn't mind carrying on with my castle, but am happy to start from scratch on a new server.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I've done my pyramid now so I'm happy to move to a new map
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I've been playing with a map cropping tool which is surprisingly effective and non-buggy. Of course the freshly generated landscape doesn't match what you've left un-cropped and you end up with cliffs between chunks (chunks = 16x16 blocks I think).

So if someone really wanted to keep a structure it could be done. But we would be better off with a completely fresh map I think.
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

I don't care about my cave on the current map. It's big, but boring.

Also I'm not really looking to get back into it in a big way till there is more of a sense of purpose i.e. proper survival. As hypnotic as mining and placing blocks can be, I've reached a tedium threshold with it.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I'd like a copy of the current map so I can play with my temple, but don't mind starting over.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

FatherJack wrote:I'd like a copy of the current map so I can play with my temple, but don't mind starting over.
I'm sure a few people would be interested. If only to set fire to Fab's treehouse, without risk of retribution.

If Wiggy can make the files available we can put them 5punk.co.uk somewhere as an archive.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

The files from when Wiggy tooks over are already at http://www.5punk.co.uk/uploads/index.ph ... necraft%2F I've burnt that treehouse down several times, it doesn't half go up. Be good to have the updated ones though.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Until MP has the same features as SP I'm not bothered about my creations. I don't really feel any sense of satisfaction from them, and my Star Destroyer was too tall for the map (and would have had a hole in it for Joose's underwater temple).
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

If someone lets me know when they want me to archive the server and turn it off I can have it done quickly. I'd like someone else to have a new map up first though, so people have something to play on.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

spoodie wrote: I'm sure a few people would be interested. If only to set fire to Fab's treehouse, without risk of retribution.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Wiggy wrote:I'd like someone else to have a new map up first though, so people have something to play on.
Good call. I'll put a server up in the next day or so. Probably go for a vanilla server at first. The admin tools look like they add more confusion than usefulness, at least for our little backwater instances anyway.
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

I find multiplayer daunting. So many people with so much more free time than me...
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Legoshoes wrote:I find multiplayer daunting. So many people with so much more free time than me...
It's all Fabyak. Everyone else you see on Minecraft is simply him abusing his uni network.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I've started a new server you can access here for now: home.spoodie.com

The spawn area needs some trees clearing.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Flint + steel + Pants = clearing