STEEEEAMM SAAAAAAAAAALE

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Re: STEEEEAMM SAAAAAAAAAALE

Post by Mr. Johnson »

If anyone wanted monaco, now's your chance as it's a whopping -91%. That's about a pound.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Pnut wrote:Dark Souls 2 for 11 quid is defiantly worth it.
Absolutely. Incredible value for money if you can make it through the pain barrier.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Not convinced I could. I suspect I would just get painfully frustrated with it.

Sad truth is I just looked at my Steam wishlist and every game on there is Early Access never going to be completed. There's surprisingly little I'm really interested in playing that's not old (Total War, Skyrim...WoW) I think I must be getting old.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

friznit wrote:Not convinced I could. I suspect I would just get painfully frustrated with it.

Sad truth is I just looked at my Steam wishlist and every game on there is Early Access never going to be completed. There's surprisingly little I'm really interested in playing that's not old (Total War, Skyrim...WoW) I think I must be getting old.
I don't think you're alone in this, I had a period earlier on in the year where I just wasn't really interested in games. Nothing really exciting was on the horizon and I think I'd just got a bit burned out. I think it happens with every hobby that every now and again you need to take a step back and do something else for a while.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Rise of Nations is on Daily Deal right now. It's a neat little RTS with lots of lovely little features.

Edit
I should stop shortposting and write about why I like this game. C'mon Grimmie.

* Resources per second, rather than rally point resource collection.
* Border expansion mechanics, allowing for land control victories and attrition damage on enemies.
* Empire Earth style Hoplites vs Tanks scenarios possible, technology right from classical history to modern information age military.
* Huge distributed research tree! I love research.
* Support for lots of players, and steam matchmaking. The custom game options are plentiful.
* The steam version has beautifully re-rendered 3D sprites for all the units, and the game's original hand painted isometric buildings. They're all unique to each culture and you can see how the country you play as flavours the architecture. It's a small detail in a big game, but I love seeing the modern Greek metropolis have marble columns, and the Aztec skyscraper being a sandstone hued octagonal prism.

And so on and so forth.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Today I bought The Vanishing of Ethan Carter because it got good reviews and I'm interested in atmosoheric, story-heavy games. Yesterday I bought desktop dungeons because I played the original freeware version and it was a great little roguelike.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Apparently Alien Isolation is on for £16, so that's a good thing.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

I picked up How to Survive in the flash sale, that looks fun. A little isometric zombie survival shooter.
Also picked up Shadow Warrior, a silly FPS that has all sorts of big names working on it.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Joint Task horse seems to be £-0.01 - I tried to buy like a million copies but it wouldn't let me.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I got Alien Isolation.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Rough day today. Desktop* Tabletop Simulator, Valiant Hearts and Papers Please. Still came to less than Alien Isolation.

EDIT: Desktop Simulator is the corporate version where you get to knock coffee over your grime encrusted Dell keyboard and search for post-its from a week ago that you're sure you didn't throw away.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I got Mount Your Friends today, because swinging wangs is something that more multiplayer games should have.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I really want that, but I have no friends to play it with. :(
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Joose wrote:I got Mount Your Friends today, because swinging wangs is something that more multiplayer games should have.
i was going to suggest this a when i first heard about it but for some reason got the idea into my head it was local multiplayer only, which doesn't seem to be the case so ill be grabbing that as it looks like a good giggle
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

shot2bits wrote:
Joose wrote:I got Mount Your Friends today, because swinging wangs is something that more multiplayer games should have.
i was going to suggest this a when i first heard about it but for some reason got the idea into my head it was local multiplayer only, which doesn't seem to be the case so ill be grabbing that as it looks like a good giggle
I thought it was local only too. I'll check that out. It's like being at a party with Berk but with none of the actual physical violence.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

I decided to grab a 4 pack of Mount your friends, so i have 3 spare copies to hand out to anyone who wants one, festive period and all that.

so who ever wants one just say and ill fire you over a copy.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

:wave:
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I bought it before I saw this. At least I might have 5 friends to mount now.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Well, I wanted to buy it but I'm away from my computer so if there are no other takers I would love one.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Payday 2 and its DLC have just gone on a 75% sale (except the new two, at 10%), if you've been meaning to pick bits up.
Last edited by buzzmong on December 23rd, 2014, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.