weapons

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

weapons

Post by ProfHawking »

I have been trawling the city for ages now, got to level 5, but the most damaging weapon i have is a fire axe. Is this any good?
How and where do i get guns & ammo?!! i feel the need to blast!
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Search inside Police Stations for guns & ammo. You will need to buy the pistol and shotgun skills to be any good with them though, plus you will need to spend time inside big target Police Stations to get the ammo.

The fire axe is actually pretty good (especially if you have proficiency). It does more damage than any other melee weapon (3 HP), and doesn't rely on ammo (which also means you don't waste Aps looking for the stuff or when you have to reload). My fireman character has never picked up any waepon other than a fire axe and he's already level 10.

In other news I have started another zombie character to even the odds in Malton. I now have 2 harmans and 2 zombies. Rock.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Cool!
i'll go raid a police station next time. I am on 40% with the axe, and i bought basic firearms training. I also bought necrotech employment, but im not sure what i can do with it. Do i need to seach for srynges or something?
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Necrotech training is another good way of getting XP. If you have a DNA extractor (you need only one), make sure you get a DNA sample of any zombie you see - it gives you about 4 XP. The other things to look out for are Revification Syringes which basically bring zombies back to life as humans. Theses are one use only so you need to search for more after using them (extractors and syringes can only be found in Necrotech buildings).

Syringes are actually a good replacement for a weapon. Earlier today I woke up in a Necrotech building that had been invaded by 2 zombies. As I didn't have enough AP to attack and kill them, I just scanned then revived them. Naturally I then buggered off into heavily barricaded building next door in case their mates turned up.

However, zombies with brain rot are immune to scanning and reviving.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Roman_Totale wrote:Search inside Police Stations for guns
I found a few shells and pistol clips, but wasn't having much success flicking them at zombies, so I'll look for some guns, too.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

FatherJack wrote:
Roman_Totale wrote:Search inside Police Stations for guns
I found a few shells and pistol clips, but wasn't having much success flicking them at zombies, so I'll look for some guns, too.
Zombies hate it when you flick things at them, especially beans.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Arrghghghgh!
i have loads of shells, clips, flack jackets etc, but no actual guns. Is it possible for a building to run out or is it just low (but constant) probablility to find a gun?
caveman900
Badger
Badger

Post by caveman900 »

never runs out, simply a d100 roll each time you search. look in the UD wiki for details on %'s
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

But once you've got them they stay with you forever, and you'll be able to carry 8 pistols and 4 shotguns like me! :boogie:
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

gah! search forever then 2 come along at once. i have 2 shotguns now.
zombies are on their way apparently tho. And i dont have any AP! :shakefist: