Spec me a new TV bitches

If you touch your software enough does it become hardware?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Spec me a new TV bitches

Post by ProfHawking »

I'm moving to a new place and gonna have to leave dad's nice 43" pioneer TV behind.

So, the hunt is on for a decent TV that will fit in my new living room. Cant be a huge monster as it would take up too much space. I am thinking 37".
Needs to be full HD 1080p, and needs optical audio out.

I am looking through ebuyer, there are a few on there ~ £500 and all seem to have pretty similar specs, for example:

LG 37LF2510
LG 37LH3000
LG 37LH4000
Samsung LE37B553
Toshiba 37XV635DB
Sony KDL-37V5500

Anyone an expert?
What are the differences, are the pricer ones significantly better than the cheaper LG ones?

Cheers bitches.
amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »

Last edited by amblin on May 5th, 2014, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

My living room area is pretty small and I'm wishing I bought something larger than 37". But this was a few years ago when they all cost more and there was much less HD content around. For playing games I sit around 1.5m from the screen and for everything else around 3.5m. At that distance there's not significant difference between HD and SD content, that I can see and my eyesight is pretty good apparently.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Tesco, in-store, not on the website are doing some Sony Bravias for about £500, not sure what spec other than that they were 1080p, but they had 32", 37" and 42" all at around the same price. I like buying stuff like that from them as it's easy to take back if you need to, and they tend to replace stuff no questions asked.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Hmm. I do want a bigger one, maybe 42" as the price is not much more.
However i am worried that it would "take over" the room. Its only 11' square, but has doors along one side making the effective width only 9' or so allowing for access along that wall.

I have spoken to a friend, who swears by the new samsung LED range. But i think thats big money.
There is a costco in watford with lots of tvs on display. Might have to swing by to get a feel for size and picture quality.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Well, i has bought a samsung LE37B650
fingers crossed its good when i hook it up 8)