PS3 Media Server

If you touch your software enough does it become hardware?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wiggy
5pork
5pork

PS3 Media Server

Post by Wiggy »

Anyone else using this software? I've been using it up until this week but it's now not seeing my PS3 at all, which fucks me off cause I can ping the PS3 from the PC and the PS3 has internet access. Does anyone have any alternatives or could help with my silly little issue? :P
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Hmm. I cant help much with the PS3 issue. But i can recommend an alternative - Xbox media center - I do loves it so.
It has a linux version. I don't know how flexible the PS3 is when it comes to linux, but you could try that? Otherwise, it would work on pretty much any PC or Mac you care to use as a mediacenter.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

"Other OS" support was removed from the PS3 with an update a few weeks ago. Assuming Wiggy has applied it.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Ah scratch that idea anyway, apparently it is a no-go. You need x86 hardware for it to work.
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

Yeah, I put that update on last week. To be honest, I'm not too fussed about putting Linux on anyway, the normal PS3 software works fine for me.

Looking at it, I don't think it's a firewall issue, as I've turned that off. TVersity doesn't seem to work at all either. Anyone know of any services that need to be running on Win7 for file sharing to work properly?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

has hamachi nuked network sharing stuff for security?
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

Ah, looks like it may have disabled some file sharing option in the folder itself. Seems to be working now, except now I get a DLNA protocol error when playing things *googles*
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

Reboot appears to have fixed it :)
amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »