New season talk type thread thing.

For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »

Last edited by amblin on May 5th, 2014, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Voyager and DS9 are wank.
amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »

HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

A ship with the most annoying vulcan, most annoying klingon, most annoying cook/bar dude, most annoying doctor and most annoying captain pulling its metal foreskin back over itself, what's your point?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

That's less plausible than the enterprise separation thing in TNG. :P
amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Episode 2 of Russell Howards Good News.

Woo, no more disjointed-ness, they've stopped cutting the laughter between topics so it flows properly now instead of being stop and start.

Not too bad actually, had a chuckle.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

amblin wrote:
I agree all these have flaws, just like Fringe & Warehouse 13. They suffer a certain generic style of writing, shiny production values but little in punch. They all seem somewhat bland and simply building on the main stories, but then I just cast my mind back to things like Star Trek: TNG, Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise and definitely The X Files. They were all exactly the same at the start, but some did develop into wonderful arcs with well rounded characters and side plots. Even Buffy did it, but I love Buffy (mmm, buffy...), so she gets a free pass.

Plus I crave distraction, and fluff for the brain is good right now, so I'm persevering with them all. I guess I'm hoping they'll develop into decent shows with the epic set pieces SG1, Voyager, DS9 and X Files pumped out every now and again.

SG:U is yes, "OMGDRAMAS! in space", but I reckon it could have a decent season once they get really into the ship itself - that's going to end up being a major character I think. Plus remember, at this stage of the story, they've still only been in the thing for a week, nearly been killed several times and so it will be utterly terrifying for the characters, so I think it's appropriate to the setting at this stage of the story. Though I'm currently being horribly frustrated by the floor not giving me any sodding peers on e6. Anyone got a direct download of it I could rape? :)
'Fing is tho' at least something happens in Fringe and W13. They might not be the best shows in the world, but I can sweep them and rest assured that there will be a bit of story going on. Granted, the main plot might be a little thin, but for those 40-odd minutes it will hold my interest.

SG:U is fucking dire, honestly. Nothing happens. The first couple were building the story, fair enough. Since then we've had Begbie being angry, some floating webcams, and communication stones that utterly ruin any sense of flow to the episode. Oh, and they took an entire episode to find some sand.

FlashForward is going down the Lost/Heroes route: "We have four or five seasons to fill; let's just drag it out as long as possible without actually making any point or advancing the story.

Thank fuck for Californication and Spiral :)
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Sheriff Fatman wrote:SG:U is fucking dire, honestly. Nothing happens. The first couple were building the story, fair enough. Since then we've had Begbie being angry, some floating webcams, and communication stones that utterly ruin any sense of flow to the episode. Oh, and they took an entire episode to find some sand.
:lol: :above:

I've lost interested.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

buzzmong wrote:Episode 2 of Russell Howards Good News.

Woo, no more disjointed-ness, they've stopped cutting the laughter between topics so it flows properly now instead of being stop and start.

Not too bad actually, had a chuckle.
I dunno, was better than ep1, but the amount of recycled material hurt a bit.
MORDETH LESTOK
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by MORDETH LESTOK »

DollHouse is getting good. Summer Glau is starting in next episode(2hour) Dec 4.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

MORDETH LESTOK wrote:Summer Glau
Sign me up!
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

MORDETH LESTOK wrote:V
starts Nov 3
Watched this, seemed pretty good, feels big budget.

I couldn't help but get the feeling
Spoiler:
they're evil lizard people
from the very start, but I suppose that's the risk with a remake, still they didn't drag it out, so that's good.

Also, Anna and Lisa? Oh yes. :thrust:
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:Spooks season 8 in November, apparently
Tonight! :boogie:
bomberesque
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by bomberesque »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:
Watched this, seemed pretty good, feels big budget.

I couldn't help but get the feeling
Spoiler:
they're evil lizard people
from the very start, but I suppose that's the risk with a remake, still they didn't drag it out, so that's good.

Also, Anna and Lisa? Oh yes. :thrust:
they're remaking/remade V? if it's not as hokey and balls out 80s as the original, I'm not watching :ignore: . I'll see if I can find the picture, but I distinctly remember a pair of the V sunglasses turning up on Prisoner cell block H on the face of the Warden. Got me hooked on Prisoner that did.

On another note, I loved some of the comments on (I can't remember where now, aicn?) when V for Vendetta was being announced and a bunch of forum monkeys thought that it was a remeke of the 80's mini series. Heckles raised I can tell ya. kept me entertained all afternoon that did.

/edit; *watches the trailer* .... *5punks* they've given the original ythe BSG treatment, I am very into this
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

James May's Toy Stories
On it's second week and surprisinly good, I think. The perfect vehicle for him and is quite charming. Looking forward to the one about Lego.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

True Blood vampires and the explicit TV sucking the innocence out of our children!

Hilarious reactionary article from the Daily Mail. To be fair, the 'best rated comments' at the bottom speak sense.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Daily Mail wrote:it airs on one of our terrestrial channels at 10pm on Wednesdays, a time when tens of thousands of children under 16 are still watching TV
Daily Mail readers' children? Staying up watching naughty programs on TV so late? For shame, that's terrible parenting.
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

Check out the other articles from the same bitch as well. Who let her on the internets?
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

She doesn't half bang on about sex in most of her articles. I think maybe an all girls private school and some dude telling her she was a dead fish/frigid bitch has caused a bit of a melt down that means she fits right in at the mail.

I like how one of the lowest rated comments is a 'ban this sick filth!' piss take.