For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

deject wrote:
Burn Notice
Spy Michael Westen gets "burned" by the U.S. Government and all his assets are frozen. Using his spy knowledge, he gets by doing odd jobs and finding out who burned him, and why. Awesome show so far, it's got some detective work, some action, and a dose of MacGyver. Also, motherfucking Bruce Campbell.

This sounded good anyway, but now I find out it's got Bruce motherfucking Campbell in I'll just have to watch it!

Hail to the King baby!
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Joose wrote:Eureka

Very funny. Based around the concept of a small american town that happens to house the smartest people in the world (for silly reasons). The whole place is stocked with mad scientists, and the story revolves around the local sherrif. Massively entertaining.

deject wrote:Burn Notice
Spy Michael Westen gets "burned" by the U.S. Government and all his assets are frozen. Using his spy knowledge, he gets by doing odd jobs and finding out who burned him, and why. Awesome show so far, it's got some detective work, some action, and a dose of MacGyver. Also, motherfucking Bruce Campbell.

spoodie wrote:<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperdrive_(BBC_TV)">Hyperdrive (Series 2)</a>
Seems to be bit better than the last series, which was very hit and miss I thought. Perhaps it's finding it's feet at last. Worth a watch if you like sci-fi comedy.

:above: are all fucking whin
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

hyperdrive series 1 was total miss, ineptitude is funny for so long, but constantly? its like the office, but in space, and I didn't lol once at this or the office, both made me cringe at how painful they were. Series 2 has thankfully restored some of my faith in frost, it does have funny parts, still a lot of shite though.

Also 'burn notice', never heard of it, but Campbell= Groovy! So I will sweep that soonest.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

the best part is Bruce plays an ex-spy guy who gets older rich women to sleep with him in exchange for food and shelter. :lol:
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

:above: :lol: thats fucking priceless, if only kv would stop using his internet for mmongs, i'd already be watching the 1st episode, soon though, i'll have virgin bb and it'll be a lot faster and not corrupted by wow.
Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

deject wrote:the best part is Bruce plays an ex-spy guy who gets older rich women to sleep with him in exchange for food and shelter. :lol:

Just finished watching the pilot episode. Whin in high amounts detected!
MIkkyo
5pork
5pork

Post by MIkkyo »

This is a good show, But Fi's accent changes from Irish to American loads
Fred Woogle
Zombie
Zombie

Post by Fred Woogle »

Could we make this a sticky please? and add them all into the first post, in genre or alphabetical please :)
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Made it a sticky, but if you want a full list in alphabetical order, you'll have to do it yourself, or wait for me to get really bored at work.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Just watched the first episode of Burn Notice. I enjoyed, seems like it could be a very good series.

That "Irish" woman is fucking annoying though.
eion
Grammar Nazi
Grammar Nazi

Post by eion »

Roman Totale wrote:That "Irish" woman is fucking annoying though.

:above: This, so hard. Otherwise it's pretty good though.
MIkkyo
5pork
5pork

Post by MIkkyo »

Roman Totale wrote:Just watched the first episode of Burn Notice. I enjoyed, seems like it could be a very good series.

She keeps changing her accent, and what the fuck is going on with her lips?
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Roman Totale wrote:Just watched the first episode of Burn Notice. I enjoyed, seems like it could be a very good series.

All of this :above:

Made me chuckle quite a bit. I like the style and the fact it doesn't take itself too seriously (24, I'm looking at you here).
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

You guys are thinking too hard, I'd do her.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

deject wrote:You guys are thinking too hard, I'd do her.

Fer sure, fer sure, fer sure
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Ah, :above: reminds me of that irish condom use joke, its shit but dammit I'll type it!

Why did the irishman wear 2 condoms?

to be sure, to be sure.

ahahahaha...
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

The Kill Point

Newish merkin series about a bank robbery (I don't wanna give much away) certainly worth a watch.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

K-Ville

Cop drama set in (post Katrina) New Orleans, Shows promise (have only watched the first ep)

might appeal if you liked the wire.
MORDETH LESTOK
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by MORDETH LESTOK »

They're entertaining, but if it doesn't pick up in storyline next season...it will be dropped...too much competition these days for mediocrenesssss...
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

A shame really as I rather enjoyed Bum Notice. I doubt it will ever win any awards but it's fairly simple entertainment and that's all you need sometimes.

In other news I was getting the rage watching Silent Witness last night - it's just complete and utter crap! Generic, cardboard cut out characters, written by someone who's been watching too much Quincy, CSI and fucking Casualty. Pull your finger out BBC! Stop spewing out this fucking drivel, get over your own over inflated opinion of yourselves, and make some decent TV.