Pete's evil DnD adventure #1 Lamb of a Dark God

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Re: Pete's evil DnD adventure #1 Lamb of a Dark God

Post by Grimmie »

Neato, I'll see if I can catch up with Morley inside then. All I need is to get a good look at this guy.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Noli isn't leaving and now he sees the boss up and about he's back to unctuous:
Noli wrote:I am gratified that He yet has a purpose for us.
He attempts an ingratiating smile. It probably looks more like hunger or blood-thirst. There is certainly blood on his lips as a result of his "healing".
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

The boss isn't up and about FJ, sorry if that seemed as such. His eyes are now closed and he's slumped on the floor by the dais that held the old high priest.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I'll still try and get out, then.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Joose, the lumps of muscle grunt and shuffle aside. One of them extends a hand up the stairs as though ushering you, he also sniggers. The stairs move straight ahead before doubling back for the rise to the next floor.

Grimmie, You're at the door with your good friend.

FJ - the large iron ring of the door is cold to the touch but opens freely when you twist it. Outside, the fog rolls past as a gentle 'hish' noise fills the air where the rain bounces off the flagstones.

Bits - sent you an updated char sheet.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

initiative:

Roll(1d20)+4:
17,+4
Total:21

also turns out my info was wrong and it was a +6 on that str roll before not a +4 though it was a good enough roll anyway
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I'll give them a smart nod and head up the stairs.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Joose - a cool breeze blows down the stairs and carries a susurration of noise with it. as Morley rounds the corner and move up the second set of steps he sees a corridor that leads off in to the distance, there's a few doors on each side, all closed. The breeze continues as does the faint drone of noise.

Grimmie - Xan is still at the front door as the rain drizzles down.

FJ - Noli is standing staring out at the hissing rain and fog, blood still upon his lips.

Bits - you're first in combat, all you see is your rather spartan room and the priest on the floor in the doorway, remains of a splintered door hang from the frame, no one has tried to fix it yet. Your axe is off to one side.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

C'mon guys. what do?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I'll move down the corridor, employing my Ninja Butler Amazo-sneak. I dont have my character sheet handy, but heres a roll for move silently:

Roll(1d20)+0:
17,+0
Total:17

I shall also activate my Butler Ears on doors as I go down. If I cant do that without being obvious to someone that I am listening at doors, then I wont (ie, as long as no one can see me doing it). Listen roll:

Roll(1d20)+0:
1,+0
Total:1

Well.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Yeah, you hear nothing...

And nothing hears you as your move silently is successful. I took the liberty of rolling a spot for you as well, because your other senses are going to be better than your ears in this instance. There are tracks of numerous animals along this corridor, not all of them have legs, some have wings. A veritable menagerie passes through here, but it's strangely quiet right now, you don't see anyone or anything. The faint whispering sound has stopped, but that could be because your ears almost fell off.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

:lol:

Any clue what door I should be heading for?
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Ill grab my axe walk up to the priest and start hacking away at his limbs

attack roll
Roll(1d20)+9:
12,+9
Total:21

can i also do a spot check to see what the other priests are doing once im in the hallway too?

Roll(1d20)+8:
19,+8
Total:27
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Joose, Morley can see that whilst tracks tend to dip in and out of the side doors straight ahead shows the greatest traffic, both human and other. All the doors are pretty similar in the steady light, the one at the end that the tracks lead toward seems to have faint light leaking out through the faint gap at the bottom.

Bits, spotting is too much for Ragorr to do in the same round as move and hit a dood. However by naturally gaining eyes on the other priests Ragorr can see they're turning/turned toward the commotion. His axe meets no resistance from the priests cloth robe or his frail bones. No need to roll for damage, the +dam on Ragorr's greataxe is enough by itself to kill the priest. Ragorr not so much chops him as more turn him in to chunks. The nearest priest is 5' away, cleave is an option.

**Given this is moving slower than I wanted (but absolutely expected) if there are more people who would like to have a go at evil dood D&D shout out, I reckon I can squeeze another 2 in (twss)**
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

HereComesPete wrote: The nearest priest is 5' away, cleave is an option.
oooh yes please, thats once per encounter and using the same rolls i did already right?
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

So, interpretation of cleave does as always make for excellent discussion. Here's how I break it down -

If you deal a creature enough damage to make it drop (typically by dropping it to below 0 hit points or killing it), you get an immediate, extra melee attack against another creature within reach. You cannot take a 5-foot step before making this extra attack. The extra attack is with the same weapon and at the same bonus as the attack that dropped the previous creature. You can use this ability once per round.

- killing evil outsiders who don't drop per se but are banished, get a cleave. Knocking someone over with a resounding blow or similar, don't get a cleave. Immediate is out of turn, extra is a single standard attack and requires re-roll to hit, but gets the same BAB+other bonuses you had in your first strike, so if there was a flanker nearby but the kill removed the flanking effect or you had offset your power attack neg mod with shock trooper you would still get your full to hit instead of a change in number. So for your question it's per round and I would like you to re-roll to hit.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Roll(1d20)+9:
15,+9
Total:24
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Yeah he's dead too.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Hmm. I'm pretty sure I know where this is heading, but fuck it. I'll make sure I have a couple of daggers within easy reach and step through that far door.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Bits - Ragorr smashes another priest in to bloody chunks.

Joose - Morley pushes the door open to be greeted by a huge, glass-domed room filled with plants, trees and animals of all varieties. The room is a rich emerald jungle with streaks of red, yellow, blue and other colours flitting through it. The stench of heady perfumes from the plant life mixed with the animal shit is near overwhelming. Likewise the noise of various things hooting, snorting and crowing is near deafening. With barely any room amongst the trees a discernible path forward is difficult to pick out. The gentle breeze continues to push against your face.