Grimmie
9%

Total votes: 11

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

2014 Nominations: Meat Shield

Post by Dog Pants »

Welcome to the nominations thread for the Meat Shield 2014. This prestigious award is to reward the 5punker who has shown the most persistence in the face of adversity, soldiering on with games they are clearly terrible at and enjoying themselves regardless. Long has our mantra been 'we're shit' (amongst other things), and the Meat Shield is a shining beacon of 5punkiness, reminding us that we play to enjoy ourselves, not to be good. Please post your nominations below, a poll will be taken in the New Year to determine the winner.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 2014 Nominations: Meat Shield

Post by Dog Pants »

A new contender has really risen in this field lately. FatherJack is middling to good at most games, but on at least two occasions this year I remember him battling on on sportingly at a game despite being shockingly bad. I mean it with the greatest of respect when I say I have never seen a worse Dota 2 player.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I was pretty damn shit at Planetside 2 as well, but I think that was lag. I have no excuses for DOTA, even after being patiently coached by Bali it's never really clicked for me.
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

Grimmie, who absolutely spiced up Divinity by being a pyromancer who couldn't control his flame and burnt his allies, ignited oil spills under my feet, healed enemies rather than hurting them, and made some of the most explosive tactical combat decisions full of literal friendly-fire. "Oh no! Sorry!" became a catchphrase.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Polls are up, voting ends on the 11th of Jan.