5punky Memories

News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Re: 5punky Memories

Post by Pnut »

buzzmong wrote:Pnut's flying in anything other than Arma.

Fix'd. Arma was the only game I've ever been able to fly anything in.
Barrel rolls in Bumout.
Shada turning into a proper Northerner and having pie and mash for the first time at beard bash, oh and eating it whilst wearing a flat cap.
Puns.
Attempted fish abduction at Jack bash.
Black holes.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Bummers definitely started on EvE. The standard greeting to the corp chat channel was /me bums, and it grew from there.

I'm pretty sure "this is not a code" was my fault. I posted something to the disco board whilst very drunk and it came out as utter jibberish, so I replied to myself with "this is not a code" for some reason.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Anchoring our first POS in Eve Online
Having it stolen 2 days later
Drunky 5punky mining ops
WoW runs all dressed in pink
ArmA2 Domi...oh, it's this town
"Do you not like STFU. trying to be all smart arse doesnt work with me! eat cheese or something."
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

friznit wrote: ArmA2 Domi...oh, it's this town
:lol:

Also.

FRIZ! I JUST NICKED A FUCKING TANK, LETS FUCK SHIT UP.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINS
Chickenz
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Chickenz »

Rickshaws!!!! Fasands of em!!
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

5punky pictionary, this always made me hurt from laughter
Battlefield dinosaur mod
Chivalry peasant football
Come nova
Pants Friday diaries
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Ahh I miss you guys :lol:

City of Heroes
Cashy's tasty 'nut'
Zombie mode in CS (Mainly just hiding in trees)
AIDS cannon in COD
Baths in COD
Pianos in COD
Sup Com nukes
Politics in Shartak and the The Waugh Arms in Urban Dead
Exploding EVERYTHING at Proflans
Every bash and LAN

ImageIMG_1840 by mrbobbins, on Flickr
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Some of these will have already been mentioned, but most are worth repeating:

Games

* Unreal - one of the first 5punky games. Everyone downloaded the Badger skin and we spent most of the time doing the dance.

* CoD:UO - this wasn't a FPS for us, it was a climbing simulator. We did more ninja climbing than actual shooting in the at game. This of course led to the epic 'CAPTURE THE BATH' that we still manage to recreate occasionally. The custom maps that were dedicated to climbing - I remember one map in particular where we had to climb across a gigantic bathroom. Other memories were the machine gun glitch - when you were prone and went to reload, it bugged out and you could glide across the ground whilst looking like you were wanking. The mod where pianos dropped from the sky. Being challenged to clan matches (there was a specific gaming name for it that I forget) and the other team being amazed/horrified at how seriously we took it (i.e. not at all). Looking down the scope of a Kar98k to see Stoat looking back at me. Deathnades (before it became an actual perk) and teabagging. The AIDS cannon - a mounted machine gun that had no firing animation or tracer rounds but still caused people to drop dead (ergo we presumed AIDS). The map with the railings that begins with an 'M' (Bonneville). The origin of the original 'Elvis duck' joke.

* CS:S - everyone thinking Gunslinger was a hacker (he was just good). The zombie mod where we made massive zombie towers. Hide and Seek (so good it made a recent come back). TOURNAMENT (Spoiler: won by team RO-BO) - this is one of the keystones of how 5punk is defined in my opinion. The organising took forever and was typified by us fucking around in the forum mostly. When the teams were drawn myself and Bobbins didn't think we stood a chance, so we started a campaign of propaganda and distraction so that if we did go out in the first round, we would have at least gone out in an entertaining fashion. Who knew the monster it would create. You can of course read the tournament thread in full, but the whole event probably solidified the shape of 5punk as we know it - we don't really do serious (lol, 5perm).

* Eve - Lesbians of Doom clan - we took low level ships/characters and flew into the wilderness whilst spamming chat with utter filth/bollocks. I'm amazed we made it as far as we did. Transporting cows across the galaxy for money. Being hit by griefers and losing my best ship. Realising that EvE was really a second job that I had to pay for the privilege of doing.

* City of Heroes/Villains - oh man this game has so many good 5punky memories for me I don't know where to begin or if I'll remember them all. faaabulous Pride - Tandino created a random character that looking awfully fabulous, and a number of other players directed homophobic slurs at him. We responded by creating the most fabulous characters possible and camping it up around the starting/central zone - reactions ranged from outrage to support. This then led to the Spartacus event - we all created characters with identical features and similar names and again fucked around Atlas City. That day we were truly loved. Other things: Llamaman No Cyber (Sheriff created a girl character called 'I am a man no cyber' to deter sex pests - everyone read it as llama man and tried to cyber him anyway); SEVEN!; Sheriff not being able to hit anything; Dog Pants shitting in bins; Dog Bombing; Mind the Gap; Teleporting friendlies off the tops of tall buildings (you could stop people from doing this to you, but Ty never worked out how so would often find himself approaching the pavement at an alarming rate); manipulating the stock market; The epic big boss fights in the cities; trick or treating; badger hunting; tricking Sheriff into thinking I was the gold seller he'd contacted, getting him to travel all the way across the map, then holding up the SEVEN card when he arrived (we were on TS at the time with Berk and he was completely oblivious "oh wow, the guy just Sevened me!" until the gales of laughter started); the various profiles of Jakeman

* Urban Dead - Pub Crawl!

* Shartak - boy were we unpopular when we first arrived on the island! The player base was full of super serious types who did not appreciate us playing our own way (i.e. having fun). We were initially targeted and harassed but we turned the tables, took over a town, and became the local police horse. The Waugh Arms from Urban Dead was re-located to York in Shartak and we were eventually accepted (sort of). The wiki entries we had were fantastic. I also had two characters separate from 5punk - one became the best exorcist on the island, and the other became the first (or one of the first) to collect 100 outsider heads from each town.

* BF2 - Deject: "Bobbins! Fire the TV missiles! FIRE THE TV MISSILES!". Deject: "Oh hey - the loading screen in the background shows the next map!" (we'd only realised this 10 months earlier). Killing people by dropping supply crates on them.

* Magicka - 2 seconds after the game started we explode in a mist of blood. Joose breaks.

* SLA - Deject rifling through bins; being nonchalant; Dirk - ladies man; Gerald's mum; Pants being out of this world drunk during a Skype run and we all thought he was doing really convincing role play (not to mention jokes about penguins)

* Shadowrun - Chopper - oh I how loved playing that loveable rouge - completely inept at diplomacy (or general conservation), prone to violence (ballsack squeeze interrogation), and an alarming penchant for grenades and other people's faces (to be fair I knew he wasn't human). The bash where tried to go through the taxi shadowing plan with pnut 70 times.

* CoD 4 - the appearance of a mysterious random, 'Elvis Duck'. Pipeline (pronounced PIP-EL-ANN-EE)

* BF3 - Dinosaur mod

Forums/TS

* This Is Not A Code - Joose on the disco board drunk on cider

* Northwesten

* "Apparently there's a black hole at the centre of the solar system"

* Pete's unnatural belches ("it's just not funny any more")

* Deject's mum - Deej started a poll about something, the thrust of it being "isn't this great". One of the options given was 'Word to your mother', which deej thought meant "that is a good thing!". His poor mother has never been looked at the same since. 'Word' was later corrupted to 'werd'.

* Chicken pretending to be a woman (Mary Celeste) with voice changing software and failing

* In TS when everyone was Grimmie

* In TS when everyone was Deject

* Bobbins: "Am I muted?"

* Breaking and being broken on a regular basis (if only I could remember the context now)

* The occasional reappearances of RO-BO or one of his representatives

* Hot wet Berk

I'm sure I'll remember more in a bit (not even started on Bashes yet) so will add later.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Awesome. I reckon I have a whole front page article there. Anyone else want to contribute more detail? It'd be nice to have contributions from other 5punkers.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Roman Totale wrote:Being challenged to clan matches (there was a specific gaming name for it that I forget)
Was it a scrim?

UDefined (at the time) as being "where two clans or teams play each other, not sexually"
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Scrim! That was the one. I think it was the "not sexually" aspect that confused us.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

The first 5punk LAN

This was the only post I looked back on, so the rest is from dodgy memory.

The first LAN was held in High Wycombe, which is quite a distance from where I live, and at the time I had a crappy Ford Fiesta so my dad let me borrow his car. Despite being 24 at the time (it feels like an eternity ago) my parents were concerned about me "meeting people from the internet" - quite valid concerns in hindsight! There was a picture thread so that we all knew what each other looked like, however I didn't post mine because I couldn't be arsed. Bobbins' picture was at a certain angle and showed him from the waist, causing Anham to comically state that it looked like he had no legs - I think a few of us were on TS at the time and it prompted Bobbins to enquire in a genuine manner whether there were disabled facilities at the venue. This was milked for quite some time.

Ty had Googled the local area and decided that we should all meet up at a local pub. A strip pub to be precise. Now I don't like being late to things, so I turned up to the LAN early. About 4 hours early. This led to me being stood in a rough arse strip pub for approx 3 hours trying to avoid interacting with the locals/wildlife and feigning a deep interest in dog faced strippers and Sky Sports. The next two 5punkers to arrive must have been there for about 30 mins before I noticed. A few things gave them away - the lack of football replica tops, no sovereign rings, long hair, oh, and the fact they were discussing the relative range of capital ship main cannons in Eve Online. And this was how I first met Wiggy and Hehulk (I should probably have stayed looking at the strippers).

At the venue itself Grimmie arrived having been dropped off by his parents - to say they looked concerned about his choice of company was an understatement. More people arrived. Foggy memories - we played games, drank beers and god knows what else. The next morning the organisers woke us up to take us to a breakfast they'd organised. I drove and took Bobbins and some others (I forget who. Sorry!), but on the way we got distracted by it children's playground, mostly because it had A GODDAMN BATH ON SPRINGS! I'm sure I did a handbrake turn when I saw that thing. Excitement sated, we headed to the pub for the most expensive and inadequate breakfast ever (something like £2.00 for a small glass of orange juice). I think we had a Chinese all you can eat buffet that night.

Not much more I remember, but I'm sure others can remember some highlights.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Aaaaah fuck! The wordpress site is bollocksed. I wrote a skeleton of a birthday post and updated the About page, and the fucking thing won't save any changes. I get some kind of plugin authentication error. Hopefully I'll get it fixed by Friday.

By the way, it's 5punk's 10th birthday on Friday. I'm going to be on Teamspeak getting drunk in celebration. We should probably make some sort of effort. Maybe I'll wear a suit.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Me too.

Birthday suit.

Anyone for Bumout?
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Dog Pants wrote:Aaaaah fuck! The wordpress site is bollocksed. I wrote a skeleton of a birthday post and updated the About page, and the fucking thing won't save any changes. I get some kind of plugin authentication error. Hopefully I'll get it fixed by Friday.

By the way, it's 5punk's 10th birthday on Friday. I'm going to be on Teamspeak getting drunk in celebration. We should probably make some sort of effort. Maybe I'll wear a suit.
Anything more specific in the way of an error message doggers? Is it time to bust out the new plugin I tested earlier this year?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

It says "Are you sure you want to do this?" and the only option it gives me is "Try again". A google tells me that it's related to an authentication issue and out of date plugins, but I get the same error when I try an update. I was going to manually disable some by renaming the files, but I've yet to find the time.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Dog Pants wrote:It says "Are you sure you want to do this?" and the only option it gives me is "Try again". A google tells me that it's related to an authentication issue and out of date plugins, but I get the same error when I try an update. I was going to manually disable some by renaming the files, but I've yet to find the time.
I'll look into it on the off chance there's owt I can do.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

That would be awesome, thanks.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Catching up on this Thread has brought me to high-larious tears :D too many great memories!

I love you big bunch of fags. I'll post some of my memories tomorrow :D