WoW: Warlords of Draenor

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

WoW: Warlords of Draenor

Post by Roman Totale »

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ[/media]

No idea what's going on there, but they always make lovely cinematics.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: WoW: Warlords of Draenor

Post by Dog Pants »

I've been enjoying the cinematics a lot more than the games for quite a few years now.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dog Pants wrote:I've been enjoying the cinematics a lot more than the games for quite a few years now.
:above:

I really want WoW to die now. Not because I dislike it particularly, but because there is never going to be a new Warcraft RTS whilst the MMO is still going.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

:above: All of that Joose truth.

I'm the same with starcraft, lovely cinematics but I couldn't give a fuck about the game itself because I find it boring.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Roman Totale wrote:No idea what's going on there, but they always make lovely cinematics.
It's a long story involving alternate realities, time travel and poisoned kool aid.
I also agree with Joose, but not about why I want WoW to die. WoW is taking up a massive chunk of market and stopping folks from playing other games which means new games often struggle and don't have the money needed to provide new content to keep folks playing.
I kinda agree with Pete too, I like StarCraft for the story - but then again, I always tend to put story before gameplay anyway, and Blizzard have always been excellant at story telling.

I'm in the WoD beta, will be downloading it this weekend if anybody wants to know what it is like
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

WoW fills a niche and fills it well. I'd rather other games did something different. I agree about the stories though.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

The problem with wow is that it's massively profitable, and until it isn't, It won't die.

Doesn't help that since they've done the Cross Realm Zone thing, their running costs will have dropped significantly too, No longer are they running a whole zone for the 3 people in desolace on ED, They're running one zone for 10+ realms, meaning there's more players using the same hardware that 3 would be*.

Long story short, while they are getting less income due to a diminishing player base, I'd be happy to bet the game is as profitable as ever, probably bringing in more profit per player than ever, due to faster servers and better scaling.

*Yes, I know this is a vast simplification, but for the sake of this it works.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:The problem with wow is that it's massively profitable, and until it isn't, It won't die.
Oh, of course. I understand *why* it isn't dead yet. I just wish it would get on with its inevitable but very slow demise a touch quicker.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

So, yeah, this is out tonight. Back in 4 days looking a bit bedraggled.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

In this expansion: Most quest objectives that aren't killy are clicky things. Unfortunately only one person can interact with said clicky at a time.

Hundreds of people clicking wildly trying to complete quests = both funny and sad, almost every 3rd quest there's a 20-40 minute bottleneck of fucking around clicking.

Even by usual standards, that shit is messy.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Messy shit is very messy, I can't progress in the expansion because of an issue with my garrisson that has completely halted my progress - I've only played about an hour of it and that was really only the intro.
Worst expansion launch? possibly, previous issues with launches weren't game stoppers like this seems to be.
Weirdly, I'm more chilled about this one. Despite it being such a show stopper. Probably because I am unguilded so not feeling competitive and I'm not raiding anymore so not feeling the pressure to get my game on.

Still, bad show Blizz.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

:above: I lost the race to max level in my guild (for the first time, ever) but honestly, it's too broken for me to care.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I played the 10 day trial of WoD, as I've previously mentioned. Sprog had me create a Panda for her to have a go. She couldn't get the hang of controlling the movement (psh, noob) so sat on my knee and watched me play instead. Anyway, she wanted to play it again when we got back from our travels, so I explained about the subscription. She asked me to subscribe, I told her I only would if my friends were playing it too. So here I am, at Sprog's insistance, asking if anyone else fancies it for a few Fri/Sat night dungeons. Also, if we do, we can no doubt take advantage of invites and boosts and stuff from existing subscribers here (I know you're out there). Anyone interested?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Go on then, me and wifey will sub next week.

Incidentally, you can now buy game time tokens a'la eve.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Yeah, and the price looks to be plummeting. About 15000 gold for a $20 monthly sub. I've got about 4mil on Soncho. Surely that's not right.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Looks like that's not available in the EU yet.

but apparently I has a wows.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

10 days got, will prob sub again when that runs out
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

So, who has what? (and to a lesser extent, where?)

I have stuff at levels: 10,12,29,32,34,38,53,66,68,69,81,85,90,92,95,100 ... so I'm pretty easy :)
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I have:

Horde - Emerald Dream
85 Shaman
80 Warrior (boosted, barely played it)
71 Paladin
58 Death Knight
51 Warlock
24 Druid
20 Mage
18 Hunter
6 Priest

- Lightbringer
55 Death Knight
19 Warlock
Bunch of stuff under 20

Alliance - Blade's Edge
15 Rogue

I'm most interested in my Shaman, but the Warrior's there for tanky goodness if nobody else wanted to do it. I won't be boosting my 85, there's no point, but if you boost a character over 60 you get skills and stuff bumped up too, so I'll probably either bump my Paladin for healy goodness, level my 'Lock a bit and do him because nobody ever play Warlocks. Or just bang a proper healer to 90 and screw the skills, priest (who's a banking character) or Druid. I'll see what other people are playing.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Higher level stuff I has:

100 DK tank
100 Mage
95 Pala (dps)
92 DK derps/tonks
90 Priest (dps)
85 Druid (feral)
81 Warrior (dunno)
69 DK
66 DK

So yeah, I'm pretty much able to derps or tonks, but obviously I have a fundamental inability to heal.