Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Re: Brum Bash IX (for reals)

Post by Mr. Johnson »

For whom it may concern:

My train arrives at Birmingham international airport at 1.04 PM, I know this is quite early so I don't expect anyone to actually be there yet but I'm just putting it out there. Grimmie kindly volunteered to pay for my cab fare so you really don't have to show up just for me, I'll be fine.
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

I'm sure I can get there in time to pick you up.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I already offered to grab Mr J as it's right on my route, I suggested he post the time in case anyone else was able to get there at around the same time.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Doesn't really matter to me, just see what's most convenient for either of you and let me know.
emeraldsub
Ferret
Ferret

Post by emeraldsub »

Guy. Guys. Food. What food do you want. We want booze orders because we'll get the shopping delivered on friday morning. Also snacks and stuff. Also I'm going to do a home cooked meal one of the nights, what do people want to eat? Spag Bol? Pie and Mash? Sunday Roast? Give me ideas and I shall give you slightly questionable nutrition.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

As mentioned before I'll eat anything but I have preferences for pie and mash or a roast. I said that roast as a joke but if it's not super expensive and somewhat feasible I'd love that. Naturally, I'll help out with cooking if I can.

As for booze and snacks, some kind of beer would be good. Not Stella but everything else is fine, I'll probably pick some up with Wiggy or FJ. Other things I drink are whiskey and rum. For snacks I'm always up for some of them there donuts and maybe some mini pretzels.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

emeraldsub wrote:Guy. Guys. Food. What food do you want. We want booze orders because we'll get the shopping delivered on friday morning. Also snacks and stuff. Also I'm going to do a home cooked meal one of the nights, what do people want to eat? Spag Bol? Pie and Mash? Sunday Roast? Give me ideas and I shall give you slightly questionable nutrition.
Oh hey, yeah. I like food. Pie and mash is a favourite and it's relatively quick to cook. Easy to cook drunk too! If you let me know where you're likely to get your shopping from, I'll request booze. Protip - mysupermarket.co.uk for potential savings - you pick a store, do your shop and it tells you what the same shop would cost you elsewhere. It also lets you export your basket to the supermarket of your choice (saves you from having to add all your items again) and does other helpful stuff like suggest cheaper alternatives to stuff. I also like mini pretzels, crisps, donuts, peanuts (roasted) and the occasional orphan. Also bacons. Many bacons.
Last edited by tandino on May 28th, 2014, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

tandino wrote: Also bacons. Many bacons.
emeraldsub
Ferret
Ferret

Post by emeraldsub »

We'll do the shopping on Tesco probably, because we can get free delivery, though I think Asda do free delivery over a certain amount. So I guess it depends on deals and stuff. I'll have a look and report back :) x
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

I've grown to love roasts lately and the idea of us all sat around like a family eating a traditional roast is hilarious to me for some reason. I'd definitely like that.

Pie and mash worked at beardbash though and it will absolutely work at brumbash.

Beers: Hooper's cloudly lemonade/dandelion and burdock is my new favourite if you could get me a few of those that'd be swellllll
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

tandino wrote:Protip - mysupermarket.co.uk for potential saving
That's nice find, although it seems to suggest that only Morrisons and Waitrose do free delivery - I've never used any of them so I don't really know how they work. I guess there some limit on all of them, so I can't order one packet of crisps and have them delivered in five minutes.

I'm fine with the all the foods, will grab some booze on the way and might even try and make a cake or something to bring.
emeraldsub
Ferret
Ferret

Post by emeraldsub »

Right ok, So I've decided to do a Sunday roast! Was thinking about getting a joint of pork and a chicken plus mash, roasters, veg, yorkshire pudding, gravy....

Anythign else? Thoughts? Problems?
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Mr. Johnson wrote:For whom it may concern:

My train arrives at Birmingham international airport at 1.04 PM, I know this is quite early so I don't expect anyone to actually be there yet but I'm just putting it out there. Grimmie kindly volunteered to pay for my cab fare so you really don't have to show up just for me, I'll be fine.
Mr J, I have the whole day off so I'll aim to get there roughly the same time as you again. At least then we can sit, drink expensive coffee and scowl at people, like I imagine the French would.

Also Em, that sounds lovely!
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

tandino wrote:Mr J, I have the whole day off so I'll aim to get there roughly the same time as you again. At least then we can sit, drink expensive coffee and scowl at people, like I imagine the French would.
That sounds swell Tandy, I've gotten really good at moustache twirling and pretending to speak French so bring on the coffee. Anyone else coming in by train?
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Have you guys made a decision about what you're doing on the Saturday yet?

I might be tempted to take the train into brummingham.
emeraldsub
Ferret
Ferret

Post by emeraldsub »

We're going to Warwick Castle :)
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

And Warwick Davis will be there. If not, so help me Odin I will dress up the smallest person I can find as him.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Warwick Castle! That's all of 15 minutes away in the car...
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Mr. Johnson wrote:
tandino wrote:Mr J, I have the whole day off so I'll aim to get there roughly the same time as you again. At least then we can sit, drink expensive coffee and scowl at people, like I imagine the French would.
That sounds swell Tandy, I've gotten really good at moustache twirling and pretending to speak French so bring on the coffee. Anyone else coming in by train?
Tickets are booked, I should be at Brum International for 13:39. I'll bring my best scowling hat. My return train is on Monday at 14:38 from Brum International.
eRabbit
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by eRabbit »

buzzmong wrote:Warwick Castle! That's all of 15 minutes away in the car...
That's all of 15 minutes away on foot... However there's a wedding occurring that weekend so I'm not sure if I will be able to take advantage of the most convenient bash event ever. :(