Payday 2

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Re: Payday 2

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

So the Ukrainian needs me and my crew for a job Vlad wants us to nick a particular tiara from a jewelry store. something about screwing with the wedding of his ex or something, i dunno, i don't care. Its a job for a pro, and he called us. Cased the joint, found they've put up metal detectors in the front door. No biggie, i'll just nip round the back.

Get the drop on a patroling rentacop, crack him in the back of the skull with my silenced .45. Answer his walkie talky with tall tales of a local power transformer screwing with reception, leaving his controller dumb and happy. shootout the two cameras in the hallway, and smash a window. We're in, with no alarms.

Subdue the civvies, zip tie 'em up so they don't get in the way, and deal with another guard. We' don't know which safes got the tiara in it, but its a good job we brought two of those quiet autodrills, so we can open em both. 160 seconds to go.

Check out the front of store, and maaaaan, all that ice just waiting for a new owner. Start smashing the cases and grabbing the stuff, end up with about 6 bags ready to chuck in the van when we extract.

55 seconds to go, the first drill breaks, shortly followed by the second. get them back up and running.

Disaster strikes! someone doing some window shopping peers through the window, sees everyone lying down, and 3 big galoots waving gats, and calls the fuzz.

20 seconds on the drills and the cops screech to a halt outside. chuck a grenade at the first car where they're all sheltering, and pop a couple of shots at em. Fuck, this jobs gone wrong, it was surposed to be a quiet robbery. I get Hoxton and Chains to hold them off, whilst i sort the drills.

Drill finishes cutting into the first safe, but the second one hangs up, damn thing should have finished by now. Get to the first safe, its got 5K in cash, that'll be a nice bonus!

Stick my head into the other office to see what the snag is with the drill.

Never even saw the boot coming. I Come to, all i can see is some jerk with night vision goggles beating me over the head with a nightstick. Managed to shout for Chains, who drove that ninja looking fucker off. he picks me up, and i manage to get the drill running for the 3 seconds it needs! Tiaras right there, all we gotta do now is wait for the van.

Van pitches up, i grab a bag of watches, aint gonna have time for much else. Patch myself up with the doctors bag, and we make a break for the van. Chuck a couple of grenades at the knots of coppers i can see, and start sprinting. Manage to empty the drum of my PKM to cut a hole in the thin blue line, and chuck the bag in the back of the van. Hoxton catches a round in the back and goes down like a sack of shit, right outside the store. Manage to cut my way to him, Chains is defending the van as i grab Hoxton and pick him up.

I didn't see that boot coming either. Same ninja git knocks me down, starts beating me with a truncheon. All i can hear as i lie there dazed is that cloaker* bastard scream "Go cry on the forums, bitch!", as he manages to go through the whole team like a wrecking ball.

Fuck Cloakers They will ruin your shit if you aren't expecting them (and yes, they will say that if they catch you!). Grenades and LMGs are fun though!
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

:)

Cloakers are evil fucks, but there's so much pleasure in peeling their faces off with a p90
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Today, we have come to the conclusion that this is something between SWAT 4 backwards, and Heat the game.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I'm glad you said that, because I just finished downloading it and that sounds pretty cool. Although Heat is inspiration for every machine-gun toting bank robber everywhere (and I've never managed to finish watching it because I always fall asleep).
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Actually, any chance of a rundown of classes and their uses? I want to be Mr Stop-The-Job-Going-Weapons-Free.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

mastermind is the keep people under control and buff the team dude, enforcer is the shoot everything in the face and don't give a fuck dude, technician is the drills and assplosives dude and ghost is the sneaky sneaky prawn dude
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Ghost is looking good, or maybe Mastermind. Anything we have an abundance/deficiency of?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

We're competency deficient.

take what you fancy, or just mash it all together how you feel like playing, I'm half enforcer, half tech
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Oh you can mix and match? Fair enough.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

I am a technoman racing towards getting C4 - but yeah, I think there are enough players now that we have a bit of everything.
Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

Me and berk just ran into super-rentacop! doing a pro ukranian job, went round the back to deal with the security guards, and the bugger handcuffed both of us in the space of 5 seconds!
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

12 bore funtime :)

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/deathwish/

Observations:
More, better cops.
Heavier bulldozers? Bigger guns?
Tazers & Cloakers deployed as a team.

Fuck.

Brb respeccing ghost.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Sounds good! Wednesgames material, methinks.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Well, it's not a fuck-up if it's not a team fuck-up.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Looks like it'll be 66% off this weekend, along with a free weekend, so if curious, procure it soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/ ... 8890472635
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Well worth it
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

They should have the 4 pack on sale as well then, and if that's the case who's in?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Mobslug will be