Payday 2

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Re: Payday 2

Post by Mr. Johnson »

On that first picture there appears to be a chainsaw next to that pile of logs. Either that or a leaf blower.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

That's possibly just a standard asset, I think there's a couple in white xmas, But I hope it's a weapon. :)

Edit: I was wrong, none on white xmas I can see.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Hmmm, info on Dragan. New gun, a cleaver (don't we already have one?), and a new perk deck focused around melee. Interesting.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS_Produkt_VHS

Probably another that's statistically comparable with the car-4, which thinking about it is really nice. I own all these DLCs because I want to, and use the Car-4 because I like it.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Those missions are huge and fucking nails.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

:above: One that can be sneaked, and one that must be loud. Had the sneaky one go loud and were getting multidozers pretty quickly.

On Hard :shock:
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

fabyak wrote::above: One that can be sneaked, and one that must be loud. Had the sneaky one go loud and were getting multidozers pretty quickly.

On Hard :shock:
Couldn't that be just the RNG gods playing havoc again? I've had similar things on Hotline Miami, sometimes I get multiples in row, other times I get none.

FYI, on the Forest when you're escaping there's a scripted spawn of something :D
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

http://six12.com/

i want this to be in a dlc.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Email the link to Overkill, they may oblige.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Hmm, there's a point where the you think the developers might have gone a bit too far when it comes to either adding content or monetising it.

A pre-order DLC for a minigun and an rpg might be that point, or possibly the seperate $20 DLC package which is to "support" the developers and doesn't contain the other new stuff:
http://www.overkillsoftware.com/thehypetrain/

Good points: More free stuff!
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Overkill seem like a spectacularly needy girlfriend.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Yup.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

It's... odd.

I'm not entirely sure I like the direction the £4 DLC is going, but I'll allow it, given they're pretty good at balancing the weapons around the base game ones, there's only a couple I can think of that are really very useful and aren't free.

The £20 moneygrab pack is another matter, I'm pretty sure I don't like it, but on the other hand, it's no worse than any other publisher does, and they're being open that it's BUY THIS THING, IT'LL PAY FOR FREE SHIT LATER.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:It's... odd.

I'm not entirely sure I like the direction the £4 DLC is going, but I'll allow it, given they're pretty good at balancing the weapons around the base game ones, there's only a couple I can think of that are really very useful and aren't free.

The £20 moneygrab pack is another matter, I'm pretty sure I don't like it, but on the other hand, it's no worse than any other publisher does, and they're being open that it's BUY THIS THING, IT'LL PAY FOR FREE SHIT LATER.
Couldn't they have just charged less for the £20 pack and then charge a bit for the smaller stuff instead of it all being free? I'm all for free shit and i get that it could potentially gate off parts of the community (although they seem to be pretty good at avoiding that) and needing money sooner rather than later to pay people to actually develop said free stuff, but if they need to over charge for something lackluster its surely not the most sustainable business model plus despite the transparency about it you've mentioned people who buy it may feel disappointed and be discouraged from purchasing more products in the future.

There are many pro's and cons to both sides but in my opinion no amount of transparency will stop some people from feeling "ripped off" in some way.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Aside from the potential cash grab nature of this, a couple of free bits have been unlocked thus far:

Side jobs => Additional optional objectives inside existing missions.
New baddie => Swat van turret.

First is interesting, latter can obviously only appear on certain missions, but could be really painful yet fun to deal with.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Also the next infamy update is confirmed for march (3rd, I think)
Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:Also the next infamy update is confirmed for march (3rd, I think)

Hrm, just managed to drag myself to lvl V-00, so i've got time. apart from the whole werk thing getting in the way
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

That music!