Blood Bowl - Return of the Keys Bowl

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Re: Blood Bowl - Return of the Keys Bowl

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Yes and yes, still need to learn to play though, the tutorial is thwarting me atm
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

The tutorial merely served to confuse me further when I tried it. And playing the AI was a nightmare too. Although I'm pretty sure I'm terribad at this game and I rage quit and uninstalled it.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

The tutorial is rubbish and the AI is a retard. Get a real human to show you how it works.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Joose wrote:The tutorial is rubbish and the AI is a retard. Get a real human to show you how it works.
This :above: just playing a friendly game with someone else who can give you a rough explanation of the dice results and such as you go, tactics are very much dependent on which team your playing and how you personally like to do a tactics.

I'm no expert of the game but i know enough to show people who are unsure the basics, but you'd probably need to talk to joose or pants for a more in depth run through. i should be about at some point if any of you want a quick bash tonight and I'm free all tomorrow eve so just gimme a poke on steam.
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Post by TheJockGit »

HereComesPete wrote:The tutorial merely served to confuse me further when I tried it. And playing the AI was a nightmare too. Although I'm pretty sure I'm terribad at this game and I rage quit and uninstalled it.
I have done this myself about 3 times, but I keep coming back to it as I am sure there is more to it once I get a handle on the mechanics.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anery was giving me a commentary / asking questions during his run through the tutorial. It sounded like it did more harm than good, explaining concepts that aren't important, some of which I don't even know, before the basics (which seem to have been glossed over). Also, yes, the AI is retarded. I think the story mode is actually a better tutorial. It won't tell you the rules, but it will show you the basics and let you have a play around with them.

I realised a good method of getting an idea of the rules behind the game is switching from the chat box where the retard AI spouts shite, to the log which shows you what dice were rolled, what modifiers were applied, and what was needed.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

More to FJ than anyone else, but BB later tonight or as a Frigame before Planetside?
Last edited by buzzmong on April 24th, 2013, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

buzzmong wrote:More to FJ that anyone else, but BB later tonight or as a Frigame before Planetside?
I'm usually not in until a bit later on Fridays, maybe 9 or 10 - but I'd be up for it, yes. The dwarves have been busy plaiting their beards in an attempt to impress any elven cheerleaders that might be present.
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Post by TheJockGit »

If anyone is organising a game I wouldn't mind sitting in and watching it on the Spectator option.

Might give me an idea of where I am doing wrong. :)
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Maybe we could record these things? Could be an interesting thing for our channel.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Hmm. They're a bit slow but if we kept the chatter up it could work.
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Post by TheJockGit »

Anyone fancy a quick game tonight or are we all going to do Friday Gaems?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I could integrate it into my frigames, although I daresay Monaco and PS2 will also feature.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Match Report:

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

1 - 0 to me. BLOOD.

BLOOD.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Joose and I finished off day 1 of the Honey Badger league tonight. It was a pretty hectic match, with Joose's mass Frenzy causing him to chase my team all over the pitch, and my crazy plays in response to cause more damage to myself than Joose's Pit Cultists did. Joose had managed to battle his way into my half with a little time to spare in the first half, but an audacious dodge, pick-up, and long pass saw a Gobbo take it out of his grasp. A Pit Cultist killed him for daring to catch the ball, but it was enough distance to prevent a touchdown, leaving the score 0-0.
The second half saw a little attrition for both sides, but this time I couldn't keep up with his Frenzy storm. As much as I tried to chase him down the pitch, loss of players started to get the better of me. Another pass bought me some time, ending again in the receiving Goblin being killed, but this time I couldn't hold him off and he sauntered down the empty side of the pitch while most of my team was held up at the other side. A couple of turns were left to try to score a quick equaliser, and it looked like my Troll was going to throw a Gobbo to victory (or at least draw), but he bottled it. Much bashing followed, more injuries, and the game ended with another throw attempt. This time ending in another dead Goblin. A hard game, for both sides I think, but one that's left me with only 10 players to take on Buzz's Elves.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

MTFT's second game of the season was against FJs dorfs. First half went remarkably well for me, as I managed to crack some of the notoriously thick dorf skulls, thinning their number a little. I took down FJs ball carrier right on the sideline, causing the ball to scatter off pitch and get thrown across to the other side of the pitch, way out in the open. My normal humans sized legs proved too much for the little dwarves to keep up with, and I was out of there to a turn 8 TD.

Second half started reasonably well for me, breaking through the line and dashing off toward the end zone. A plucky dorf kept up with me this time though, and proved too much for a sole cultist to deal with. FJ scooped up the ball and made a very dwarfy progression towards my end zone. Some excellent dwarfy placement managed to hold me back from his ball carrier for the many, many turns it took to get down there, scoring him the equaliser on turn 16.

Observations on the Daemons of Khorne team: frenzy by itself is a recipe for disaster unless you take things very carefully, as you will often find yourself forced into one die blocks. It also makes positioning a bugger, as you can't clear TZs with a push back.

Something that hasn't occurred to me before is that they are actually reasonably competent with the ball. Not up to elf lever obviously, but good enough that passing the ball is often a fairly safe play.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Do we have any movement on the Kitten league? Still only three players.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I'll have to ninja concert out, most of my spare time is going into the shitmobile atm.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Not a problem. Anyone else fancy it?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I just found out that the spectator games can be sped up and slowed down with + and -, so you can watch a live match by just speeding up until you catch up.

Buzz, you're up next to beat up my rat goblins. Anyone else interested in that last slot? Otherwise we could have one league of seven I think.