Lets Play!

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Lets Play!

Post by FatherJack »

Grimmie wrote:I should take suggestions from the forum as to who she should attempt to kill?
Cicero.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

That fucking tiger in the college of magic. I hate that guy.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Nazeem - "Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying - of course you d".. ARROW IN THE FACE!
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

:lol: brilliant stuff Mr J, many lols in there, especially love your car racist comment! The commentry being slightly ahead of the video actually made it funnier
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Grimmie wrote: Anyone wanna make a contract and offer a bounty?
I want you to find a guard who used to be an adventure and put an arrow in both his knees.

I really should play Skyrim again, but oddly enough the plethora of mods is turning me off - I don't even know where to begin and have horrifying memories of trying to mod oblivion.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

There are two ways to mod Skyrim.

You can either go to the elder scrolls nexus site and download their download manager, which one-click-installs most mods, or just pop open Steam workshop and click on things you like the look of. It's much easier than Oblivion.
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

Grimmie wrote:I'm also considering raising the difficulty level so that I can't just eat a bit of cheese in a fight, and so that it's not just bandit chiefs or "captain" level NPCs that I have to worry about.
Careful with raising the difficulty. It does raise the challenge, but it does so by increasing the sponginess of enemies and decreasing your sponginess, so fights tend to become dancing around enemies and pecking at their health bar while hoping you don't get instakilled. A better option would be to find a gameplay overhaul on the Nexus you like the sound of and go with that, as they all tend to have level scaling reduction and difficulty increases of their own.

Also, install this
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

MrJ - Looking at the Let Splay Driver part two video, there was a copyright notice for the song in the background of the cut scene. I've acknowledged it for the YouToobs and it's popped a link to buy the track in the description - hope that's cool. It would be a shame to have the vid taken down for some incidental music in the background.

Anyhoo, part 9 - Unsafe swimming pools and angry mercs looking for their P60s...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWRv4-cdwjs[/media]

Half way through this one I had a bit of a crash and picked up a couple of days later. It doesn't flow so well, but I got to chuck in a "please stand by" test card (mostly for my own amusement). Enjoy!
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Yesss. A continuation of the use of Girl from Ipanema for tech difficulties. Love it.

Damn jumping puzzles though, huh?
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I didn't even realise you could jump across them, I ended up getting a decent... thingy (artefact?) and wading through there and didn't notice the platforms at the end :lol:

I was also dying for you to pick up what you did. I had the same thing there and noticed 7 guys suddenly appear!
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

fabyak wrote:I didn't even realise you could jump across them, I ended up getting a decent... thingy (artefact?) and wading through there and didn't notice the platforms at the end :lol:

I was also dying for you to pick up what you did. I had the same thing there and noticed 7 guys suddenly appear!
I was loathe to end the vid where I did actually, but by that point I'd passed 30 mins and figured It'd be better to focus an episode on my impending shootout with the mercs - that's episode 10. I also stumble upon a very fun mission in part 11, so it seems the past two quite episodes were calm before the storm of sorts.

Grimmie - there is no better song for technical issues than Girl from Ipanema. Where did it originate (don't say Ipanema)?

Loving this game a lot now actually and I keep finding out things I've missed. I think I could (and might) devote a whole bonus episode to exploring Jupiter.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

tandino wrote:Grimmie - there is no better song for technical issues than Girl from Ipanema. Where did it originate?
It's a standard lift muzak trope, used in Blues Brothers to great effect IIRC, and kinda extends to the sort of thing you'd expect while on hold or a on test card, I guess.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

FatherJack wrote:
tandino wrote:Grimmie - there is no better song for technical issues than Girl from Ipanema. Where did it originate?
It's a standard lift muzak trope, used in Blues Brothers to great effect IIRC, and kinda extends to the sort of thing you'd expect while on hold or a on test card, I guess.
Blues Brothers - of course! I knew the association in my head must have come from somewhere.

Part 10 - Fighting mercs, trying highly unsafe drugs in a blowout and some lovely new armaments!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbQgxC50jM[/media]

Enjoy!
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

:w00t: I was hoping we'd have one today :)
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

Tandino your military tactics are appallingly unsportsmanlike, but also hilarious when that first merc popped his head over that bit of wooden door you were hiding behind and got popped.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Shada wrote:Tandino your military tactics are appallingly unsportsmanlike, but also hilarious when that first merc popped his head over that bit of wooden door you were hiding behind and got popped.
I know. I was waiting for him to see me but he just stopped - maybe he was inventory managing. I get to give my lovely new rifle a good breaking in in part 11 which I'll probably put it up tonight or tomorrow. Think I do need to go back to Jupiter too, so that's a bonus episode. Glad you folks are enjoying it. Anybody got any suggestions for next steps (or things to make it more interesting)?
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Find tools! (which incidentally I think you were *really* close to doing at Jupiter)

See how long you can stay outside for in a blowout!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

fabyak wrote:Find tools! (which incidentally I think you were *really* close to doing at Jupiter)
Spoiler! I watched ep 4 last night and you were looking for tools then. :lol: Tools must be rarer than anomolies!
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Actually, thinking about I even told him where to find some after that episode! Weapon and armour upgrades good
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

fabyak wrote:Actually, thinking about I even told him where to find some after that episode! Weapon and armour upgrades good
You did! I think I know where they are in Skadovsk as well as in Yanov/Jupiter now so that's probably what I'll do next. I can't promise an absence of ADD distractions though.