Headsets bitches!

If you touch your software enough does it become hardware?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Re: Headsets bitches!

Post by tandino »

After having mine for a couple of months now and using them pretty heavily (Let's Plays etc) I would happily recommend these. Very comfortable and sound quality for music and games is second to none (in my albeit limited experience). Mine took a lot of faffing about to get working, but this was owing to a missing driver file (USB.inf - a standard for Windows since Win95 I believe - surprised I haven't had more trouble in the past). Once I'd Googled for what seemed like days, the solution was easy to implement - obviously give me a shout if you struggle - I think Friz sent me the file I needed and it all worked fine afterwards.

Also make sure you set them as the default device once you have them installed - it may not be essential, but I recall this fixed an odd issue with my 5.1 speakers - and set them to 7.1 surround sound in your control panel sound options, mine were defaulting to 5.1 and they're 7.1 speakers.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Thanks for the feedback guys, most of the reviews I read said good things about it but I'd rather take the word of a 5punker. (among other things LOLOLOLOL)
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I didn't have any trouble at all getting them to work at all. They really did plug in and start working. The new drivers also take care of all the settings, i.e.: you don't need to make sure that Windows resets them to a 7.1 configuration.