Roberts Space Industries

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Roberts Space Industries

Post by friznit »

Freelancer and 325a checking in

(is there any forum where this isn't raging atm? It's really quite impressive how much excitement it's generated 2 years before release)
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

buzzmong wrote:Bounty Hunter yeah?

As an FYI, if you bought in a while ago and are a Veteran or Original backer, even though it doesn't say it, all Upgrade ships have Life Time Insurance. Checked with the lovely support staff earlier on in the week as it wasn't clear what I got when I upgraded to the 325a.
Yep bounty hunter. If you have not checked recently they have updated the website. It now has a hanger section where it shows all of your toys.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Haha, after posting that message about the upgrades just now, had a look on the officlal website and all upgrade packages have been removed from the store as it was causing confusion, and since they'd recently added the "reclaim" function anyway to convert a purchase back to credits, they are redundant.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I only have the lowly Aurora. :(
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I backed this when it was a kickstarter, but I don't know if I'm supposed to do anything or what ship/games I will have or what backing it at that stage qualifies me for. I was kind of waiting for a "your game is ready" message, which I guess is some time away.

I would have paid the minimum for the full game when ready rather than extra for early access, but I'm not quite sure if the single and multiplayer options were presented as seperate things at that time - ideally I'd like both a multiplayer world where player decisions drive events and the economy and also a sandbox SP game to piss around in and take risks, but I'm not sure if I have that option.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

FatherJack wrote:I backed this when it was a kickstarter, but I don't know if I'm supposed to do anything or what ship/games I will have or what backing it at that stage qualifies me for. I was kind of waiting for a "your game is ready" message, which I guess is some time away.

I would have paid the minimum for the full game when ready rather than extra for early access, but I'm not quite sure if the single and multiplayer options were presented as seperate things at that time - ideally I'd like both a multiplayer world where player decisions drive events and the economy and also a sandbox SP game to piss around in and take risks, but I'm not sure if I have that option.
AFAIK, because you backed on KS and before this *new* site went live, you'll be a Veteran Backer or an Original backer. I know if you backed before and during the KS you're an Original, after the KS but before this new site (ie, last week) and you'll be a Veteran.

The MP/SP were presented as seperate things back then. Squadron 42 is the SP game, which is going to be story driven and like the original Wing Commanders.

The main game is going to be quite a bit like the Freelancer multiplayer as far as I can see. Which should be awesome.
Last edited by buzzmong on July 4th, 2013, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I got Scout with Aurora+ (or whatever the bonus thing was). The single player version is Squadron 42 I think, which I have with the $30 tier. I don't know at what point you're eligible for that.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

buzzmong wrote:Log in on the website and it will tell you what you've got.
Ah, cheers - looks like I hadn't 'migrated' from the old site, it says I have:

Digital Scout - LTI:
RSI Aurora SHIP
1,000 Game Credits
Lifetime Insurance
Alpha Access
Beta Access
Squadron 42 Digital Download
Star Citizen Digital Download

Original and Veteran Backers Reward:
2,000 Game Credits
AMX-1 Repair Bot
Record Breaker Skin
Squadron 42 Mission Disk

Hangar Fees Reward:
Free Hangar Fees on starting Planet

Your RSI space suit reward:
RSI Class II Space Suit with Test Pilot Colors

Which I guess, is way more than I hoped for. :aww:
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Dog Pants wrote:I got Scout with Aurora+ (or whatever the bonus thing was). The single player version is Squadron 42 I think, which I have with the $30 tier. I don't know at what point you're eligible for that.
Think it was the Aurora LX. I bought one as a seperate ship.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Killavodka
Cheese Lord
Cheese Lord

Post by Killavodka »

Thread Revitalise engage!

Hangar module has recently been released so you can now go in-game and see your ship(s), this is my lowly Aurora:

Now this is pre-alpha, which means there are lots of bugs and unfinished bits but the idea is that it will be slowly upgraded. Eventually another module will be released (hopefully by the end of this year)
which will be the dog-fighting. This will be an arena style scenario where you essentially jump into your ship and fly around blowing each other up. While we are doing this the devs will be looking
at everything in the background, checking server loads, fixing bugs and working out how everything will work and how it can be improved (with our input)

This way we all get to play even before it is finished, and I think it really adds a sense of ownership when you are involved as much as this.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I agree. I've never seen development like this before, where they piece together the game a bit at a time. It's interesting, and I hope it works.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Dog Pants wrote:I agree. I've never seen development like this before, where they piece together the game a bit at a time. It's interesting, and I hope it works.
Have you not been involved in any indie alpha's at the early stages Doggers? There's nothing different to the way this is being done, apart from being on a larger scale.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Most alpha buy-ins start with the game and add features. This starts with some models and is adding the game.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Nice, you get 5000 credit just for downloading the hangar as well. I'm glad I'm getting some in-game currency, because the out-of-game prices for other ships are astromonical.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

I will have to upgrade my graphics card before I can look at this. All I get is a black screen and looking in the FAQs says minimum specs Geforce 460GTX :(
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

FatherJack wrote:Nice, you get 5000 credit just for downloading the hangar as well. I'm glad I'm getting some in-game currency, because the out-of-game prices for other ships are astromonical.
I didn't know that. I'll have a look for that. I was happy to wait for something playable otherwise.
Killavodka
Cheese Lord
Cheese Lord

Post by Killavodka »

Literally all you have to do is download the launcher to get the 5k credits.

Also, I like the idea of only having a starter ship, would like to earn the bigger ships not just buy them.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Honestly, it's sort of worth downloading and installing the whole thing anyway.

The details they've put in to the the ship models are very impressive, and I wouldn't be suprised if there's an update soon so you can actually see the ship you've bought, not just the base models of the ship(s) you own.

Hmm, there's a bug if you bought one of the ship upgrade packages. I can see my Aurora LX (with it's missiles), but I only see the 300i rather than the 325a I own.

And it's also good to see the CryEngine running at high graphics, although the motion blur may make you feel a bit ill.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

The stupid thing does not let me log in at all. No idea why.