Spare Steams

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Re: Spare Steams

Post by Thompy »

Sharp work! Ta.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

A commenter on RPS summed it up quite well earlier today:
The thing about Mobas for me is that they fulfill the need for adrenaline FPS players have, the need for lore, depth and teamwork that MMONG players have, they have huge rosters of characters just like fighting games.
That's not far from the truth. When you're doing well you feel like you're a pro. That's probably where the grief comes from - when you're elated from getting three or four kills in a row then see that the rest of the team have just died six times between them you feel like all your leet skills are for nothing. It's not true of course, you're just lucky or less shit than the other guy.

Anyway, play it with bots and a couple of 5punkers, or at least consider how it would be fun if you did when you're getting trolled by randoms (although in theory the matchmaking system should be putting you with noobs, so they've no reason to spout off).
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I've got two extra copies of the rising storm beta (DLC for Red Orchestra 2) to give away. And just as a reminder: my total war shogun 2 -75% coupon expires on Monday, so shout out if you want it now.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Mr. Johnson wrote:And just as a reminder: my total war shogun 2 -75% coupon expires on Monday, so shout out if you want it now.
:above: I've got one as well.

Edit: Also have some invites to RS's new beta as well.
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

Got some spare keys from the latest humble bundle, Frozen Synapse, Aquaria and Organ Trail: Director's Cut.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Legoshoes wrote:Got some spare keys from the latest humble bundle, Frozen Synapse, Aquaria and Organ Trail: Director's Cut.
Yes please! Some games I don't actually own already and look very interesting.
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

done!
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

Trawling through my humble library, it turns out i have a shit tonne of games I've no need for.

Waking Mars
Cogs
Swords & Soldiers HD
Zen Bound 2
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Dynamite Jack
Beat Hazard Ultra
Nightsky
Solar 2
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Splice
at least, these are things on my humble library which don't seem to have had the steam key redeemed yet. either because i already have them or some bug means they're hidden. either way...
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I can recommend Waking Mars as a nice, relaxing puzzle game. Not too hard, very low on the action elements, and a moderately interesting story.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Dog Pants wrote:Not too hard
I fucked it up by planting too many of the wrong plant in one area and there didn't seem to be any way to correct the mistake. I gave up. Was okay though.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Hmm, yeah I could see how that could be a problem. I wonder if there's a way of resetting a cave. They generally seem to give you a few seeds to start with.
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

I messed up one bit but I think it was optional, and I can't see a way of resetting anything. I realised I'd been going a bit too fast anyway so started again however. I've read that each biomass challenge is completable in isolation but to do that you'd need at least a water one to get wet soil but then that water one will reduce your biomass by 10 from the theoretical total. So I dunno, given up on caring about that now and just going to finish it. I'm playing it just for the relaxing exploration and story rather than the puzzles and I'm enjoying it.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Not a spare Steam, just a spare game. Project Snowblind, free with this month's PCG. I'm not particularly interested - I've not finished Deus Ex HR or Dishonored yet, and I didn't bother with Bioshock Infinite as I'm pretty much burnt out on SP shooters now. I might have activated it on Steam, but it's a coupon do download it from Squenix instead. Anyone wants it, fill your boots.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Dog Pants wrote:Not a spare Steam, just a spare game. Project Snowblind
I hadn't realised this was planned as a more-combat-orientated Deus Ex game, I seem to have it in my Steam library already from somewhere and it says I have played a full minute of it. Will have to give it another go and see how it compares to HR, as that was fun, but let me down enough that I didn't want to replay it by the boss battles and the select-an-ending.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Hmm. Since I paid some monies and backed Interstellar Marines a couple of years ago, well before their failed KS, they've been kind and given me a spare copy to celebrate them going on Steam/Greenlight.

Anyone want my spare copy?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

buzzmong wrote:Hmm. Since I paid some monies and backed Interstellar Marines a couple of years ago, well before their failed KS, they've been kind and given me a spare copy to celebrate them going on Steam/Greenlight.

Anyone want my spare copy?
Plz
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

The humble bundle is having an origin week, and I have most of the games already so I got some origin keys for:

-Burnout paradise ultimate
-Medal of honor
-Crysis 2
-Mirror's edge
-Battlefield 3

First to respond, first get.

EDIT: Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2, Medal of Honor and Mirror's edge are for steam too.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

If no one wants the burnout code ill take it as something went wrong with mine and i cant play it online, but i dont mind grabbing it if someone doesn't have it, I just have everything else in the bundle i want already.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

I was gonna get that - but if you're offering, Mirror's Edge and BF3 would be lovely.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Medal of Dishonour, pls