Pete's third shadowrun adventure:Welcome to Fortune

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Re: Pete's third shadowrun adventure:Welcome to Fortune

Post by HereComesPete »

You can and you are.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Pnut wrote:Can we tell if we're getting closer to Aysun?
:above:
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

HereComesPete wrote:You can and you are.
:above:
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I'll cast my eyes over the place to see if there is anything obvious:

Perception (4) + Intuition (4)

4,5,3,5,6,6,1,5 = 5 hits (also got thermographic vision)

And a look at the biomonitor to see if Aysun's condition has changed:

Medicine (4) + Logic (8)

2,2,6,2,3,3,3,3,6,5,5,3 = 4 hits
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I'll continue moving towards the signal. I'll go kinda fast since it doesn't seem like there is much in the way of threats at the moment.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Roman Totale wrote:I'll cast my eyes over the place to see if there is anything obvious...
As you enter the corridor you notice that the noise is getting past the windows via an open elevator sat off to the right, it cuts through the floors, a safety rail is currently in place to stop anyone from falling down. As you look though the window you can see the floor amongst the ISOs has a lot of mobile light sources tracking around. One end of the container stack is a mess, busted ISOs and a lot of stacked up bodies that are currently being shovelled by large drones into a nearby furnace, the smell and heat aren't carrying to you because it's a long way off. In the gloom of the opposite side you can make out an apparent end to the production lines, beasts are rolling along conveyor systems whilst armature stabs into them, the beasts are then literally falling off the conveyors and into the ISOs which are then moved by crane to the stacks.
Roman Totale wrote:And a look at the biomonitor to see if Aysun's condition has changed
It's showing a continued advance from normal to beast like. It's a physical thing, her heart rate, stress levels etc are all elevating. Closer proximity and a more than casual glance shows you her higher brain functions aren't changing, the neural oscillations are still human and far removed from those of the beasts.
deject wrote:I'll continue moving towards the signal. I'll go kinda fast since it doesn't seem like there is much in the way of threats at the moment.
The signal is now pretty much straight ahead, whether it's in the giant warehouse or beyond it you're not entirely sure.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

What the fuck is this place? I mean what kind of sick freak would make a place like this? If it were up to me, I'd say we need to call in an nuclear strike from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Smith wrote:A somewhat rash plan of action. Firstly we need to find Ms Aysun, and secondly I for one would not be comfortable destroying this place before we discover who created it - or if they have further facilities.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Nah man, once you start studying it you get sucked in and that's how they get you. And once they get you it's GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!
Alvrin pauses for a second after he stops talking and stares at Smith, before continuing on towards Aysun's signal.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Smith wrote:Ah...cultural references.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Ingress5 wrote:Atomic devices have proved unreliable since the Awakening, but if you wish I could attempt to request a Thor strike on this location. It would provide a comparable result.
Computers dont get jokes.

I'll send my 'flies off to have a scout around the place and have a closer look at stuff. I'll be keeping them as out of sight as possible, sticking to shadows and corners where I can. Specifically, I'd like a closer look at the "mobile light sources" and the large drones. I'll also be on the lookout for networks: i'll use the flies as close range nodes but I will be keeping it all passive.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Hokey pokey -

Forgot to mention - the overall lighting levels in the room is not much better than the tunnels you were in earlier, Smith's trolls eyes and image magnification have come up trumps in terms of initial layout. Overall it looks like there's six floors, you're on the third one down so below you is two more floors/walkways then a long way below that is the floor of the warehouse.

One drone does a circuit around the walkway you're on, after a few minutes it re-appears having reported nothing other than lots of other doors functionally identical to the one you've emerged from, some open some closed. Other drones send reports much the same back from the floor above and the floor below.

The drones that descend to the warehouse floor take approximately the same time to get there, it's a long way down. The light sources are small tracked drones with light lamps on top that are moving between and scanning the mag-locks on each ISO container. Seemingly a manifest checking system or an extra automated breach detection system.

The large drones are boxy and again tracked, they look to have been retro fitted with 'dozer blade/lifter bucket combo's and are pushing around/lifting loads of dead beast bodies into what is essentially a large box with loads of high intensity jets flaming the corpses to smears, there's an incredibly noisy intake system above sucking up the smoke and stink, it's rattling like it's been there years but it looks as new as everything else in that part of the area.

Judging by the amount of bodies in the pile and the amount the system is burning per minute it was either a large escape of beasts or happened very recently. You know from your initial report that the beasts have been attacking the town of Fortune for a week or so now so you can surmise that the escape was along the lines of very large or there's been multiple escapes.

Networks - the air is thick with network. All the drones are connected as are the conveyors, containers, cranes and myriad other things (not all beginning with c).
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I wonder if Aysun shows on the manifest?
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Well for once it's not me!

What are you guys up to?
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

I thought we were heading towards Aysuns signal?
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Pnut wrote:I thought we were heading towards Aysuns signal?
:above: This is what I was doing. I didn't see anything about how far away I was or any obstacles I had to deal with so I'm not sure what's up.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Okay then,

So you guys are currently a few floors up on the side of a monstrous warehouse, Aysun is pretty much straight ahead. Whether she's in the warehouse or beyond it you're unsure. Currently the options are to go around the edge or to take the lift down into the warehouse.

Ingress5 is currently relaying lots of information about piles of dead things, conveyors of beasts and little drones amongst the maze of ISO containers.

Where to now?
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

I'm guessing round the edge to the other side, then finding a way down would be quicker than trying to find our way through a maze of ISOs and dodging drones?
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Sounds good - unless Joose can hack the drones to make them friendly.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Yeah sounds good to me. I'll lead the way as usual.