Post-bash beardage

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post-bash beardage

Post by HereComesPete »

Well, a large number of bashees expressed interest in Shadowrun as a result of beard shenanigans. This is a good thing. If you would like to post here about said interest in SR or other beard games that would be wonderful. There are a number of pdf's sitting in the Waugh. Poke Joose, Pants, Grimmie, Deject or myself with any questions you've thought of.

***Useful books/spreadsheets are listed in the waugh***

For those unsure of their characters, or needing a walk through the creation process, I have and will upload an SR char gen utility.

As for who precisely joins where in SR, I guess Joose and I will work that out shortly.

Joose - If you want notes about either run I can provide.

Editz for numbers as far as I can recall

Joose run -

Grimmie - Nikolai
Roman - Chopper
Deject - Leland
Dog Pants - Al
The Shutting Downs - N-zo
HereComesPete - Frank

HereComesPete run -

Joose - Lex
Deject - Alvrin
Roman - Firenza other person
Dog Pants - Jasper
Fabyak - Jon

People who bearded at bash/expressed interest -

Shada
Berk
Killavodka
Mr Johnson
Jockgit
Wiggy
Shot2Bits
Pnut
Bobbins
Last edited by HereComesPete on June 15th, 2010, 23:29, edited 4 times in total.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Regarding SLA, for anyone who might be interested, it shall be resumed once my life isn't a chaotic mess. I've at least five BPNs in the pipeline that need meat on their bones, and should tie up one or two story arcs.

Regarding the silliness I believe was appealing in the bash, I have a suggestion. In a past life I played regularly in a traditional face-to-face sense, and every year someone would run a 'Christmas Dungeon'. This was a free-for-all adventure in a setting of the GM's choosing, where the players brought along whatever character they fancied, or indeed created a silly one for a laugh. The GM would simply wing enounters with whatever rules the character was created for, so in theory they could have an encounter where SLA characters were fighting under SLA rules, while SR characters were fighting the same bad guys using SR rules. Since it was all fairly loose and not very serious it worked brilliantly. I reckon if we start thinking about it now one of us might have something playable by Christmas :) Since it's technically a one off, it might appeal to 5punkers who want a less regular silly beardy experience.

As an example, the one I remember most fondly was based around Mr Benn's costume shop, with all characters choosing a costume then dashing off on adventures through the changing room. I got a plastic sword out of aChristmas cracker that my character used in his real campaign for ages until it broke when I fell down a pit.
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Re: Post-bash beardage

Post by TheJockGit »

HereComesPete wrote: For those unsure of their characters, or needing a walk through the creation process, I have and will upload an SR char gen utility.
Yes please.. I would like all the help I can get..lol
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Re: Post-bash beardage

Post by shot2bits »

TheJockGit wrote:
Yes please.. I would like all the help I can get..lol

that^

also that christmas beard idea sounds like a good way to gently ease someone not not so familiar with pen and paper beard such as my self into the whole swing of things without having to worry too much about the impact of everything you do as your learning
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Shadowrun is fairly complicated, to be sure. I've made a few characters as well, so if I am handy feel free to ask me questions.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:http://www.5punk.co.uk/wiki/index.php?t ... r_Creation is bloody handy
It is, but it could be better. I've made approximately umpteen billion characters since making that, so I could really do with updating it. I'll stick it on my to do list!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Joose's to do list: makes Valve feel better.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dog Pants wrote:Joose's to do list: makes Valve feel better.
:lol: So true
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Also, I'll need a list of those who are looking to stop playing their secondary character in my runs. I know Pants and Roman have expressed this intent and that Joose might swap Lex for another character. Please let me know soon.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Aye, I think I'm ditching Firenza. However, I'm just putting the finishing touches to another character! No magic this time.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Okay, top post edited for people wanting to play. There's quite a few! :faint:
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

how many people can actually be put in a run? i assume there is some kind of limit
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

I'll be reviving heinz with a few tweaks to get him more in line with how I want to play him, I just need to pester joose. :P
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

shot2bits wrote:how many people can actually be put in a run? i assume there is some kind of limit

In terms of it not being mental to follow, boring for those not doing anything, taking forever and generally fucking the GM in the head a practical limit of about six needs to be applied.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

HereComesPete wrote: In terms of it not being mental to follow, boring for those not doing anything, taking forever and generally fucking the GM in the head a practical limit of about six needs to be applied.
:above: This. Any more than that and people get bored. Also, odd things happen to game balance if you have too many doods. SR is really not designed for hoog fights.
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Post by TheJockGit »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:http://www.5punk.co.uk/wiki/index.php?t ... r_Creation is bloody handy
I take it there is an excel sheet somewhere? Not linked in the Wiki as far as I can see.

Anyone know where it is? :?
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

It looked like a lot of fun. Next bash i think i might enter into the world of beards full-tilt.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

TheJockGit wrote:I take it there is an excel sheet somewhere? Not linked in the Wiki as far as I can see.

Anyone know where it is? :?
Pete edit - best to keep things in the pub I guess - go here
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

The char gen spreadsheet has a few mistakes in it, not sure if joose ever fixed them.

I've also uploaded a blank datafile that DP made, it's a good thing to fill in when you've got your char ready as it allows you to track your char efficiently.