STALKER: Call of Pripyat

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

tandino wrote:Got this off Steam today. With a lot of tweaking, the previous Stalkers ran OK on my PC. Not this one, oh no. I do need to upgrade now, but I wouldn't really know where to start.

*trundles of to the Hardware board*
AA is the thing that grinds my (admittedly, out of date) rig to a halt. I'm using Atmosfear, which ups the view distance and adds shiny weather and Blow Out effects. Doesn't cause any issues, but even on the lowest setting AA spanks my frame-rate.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I just did the X8 Lab. Holy shit! Probably the most nerve racking bit for me was having to fight
Spoiler:
three Burers at once. Goddamn those bastards have a lot of health and the gun stealing trick they do is really fucking annoying. Also really annoying is the shield thing they do when you shoot them.
I usually carry around 20 health kits and I used about 12 of them, which is more than I have used in any situation before. I fired so many bullets from my M4 that it's condition was about 40%, down from full. I used up all my M203 grenades.

On a side note, full-auto USP is very excellent. It's great for taking out zombies, dogs, rats, and anything else unarmored.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I like. Weapons degrade really quickly, but obviously that's to horse you to stick with one gun and upgrade it.

It's a bit unpolished though, nothing really noticable, but it feels rough around the edges, mostly gui stuff.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

deject wrote:Probably the most nerve racking bit for me was having to fight
Spoiler:
three Burers at once. Goddamn those bastards have a lot of health and the gun stealing trick they do is really fucking annoying. Also really annoying is the shield thing they do when you shoot them.
Spoiler:
Rail Gun ftw! Also, only shoot them when they don't have their hands raised, they aren't shielded then. Just in case you hadn't worked that out. But yeah, pain in the nipsy.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Sheriff Fatman wrote:
Spoiler:
Rail Gun ftw! Also, only shoot them when they don't have their hands raised, they aren't shielded then. Just in case you hadn't worked that out. But yeah, pain in the nipsy.
Yeah I did figure that out. I didn't think to bring the
Spoiler:
Gauss Rifle because it's heavy as fuck and the ammo is really damn expensive.
I used up probably 500-600 5.56x45mm, ~50 9x39mm, and about 50-75 .45 ACP, not to mention all 12 of my M203 grenades. I am sure it would have been a lot easier if I had the
Spoiler:
Gauss Rifle

I've spent so much money upgrading things, even if I will never use them. I've got fully upped a PKM, Vintar BC, Dragunov, Tunder S14, VLA Special Assault Rifle, SG-550, M4, AN-94, Protecta (DAO-12), USP Compact, Walther P99, the starting Honorary PMm, not to mention 4 helmets and 3 armor suits. It's ridiculous.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Is the G36 still in game? I have fond memories of using that for quite a lot of SoC.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

buzzmong wrote:Is the G36 still in game? I have fond memories of using that for quite a lot of SoC.
It is, but it's quite rare apparently. The only way to get one is to either kill one of the rare expert Stalkers that have one or buy it from Nimble, which is rather expensive.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

The best shooter I've found so far is
Spoiler:
Strelock's SiG that you get from the UAV quest. The G36 is crazy accurate after upgrading it, and the F2000 has a fancy scope, but the SiG has a good punch and can take a scope, UGL and silencer.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Sheriff Fatman wrote:The best shooter I've found so far is
Spoiler:
Strelock's SiG that you get from the UAV quest. The G36 is crazy accurate after upgrading it, and the F2000 has a fancy scope, but the SiG has a good punch and can take a scope, UGL and silencer.
Yeah all three of those are rather good from what I've heard. I have just been using the regular stuff I can scavenge so far, though I should go get that
Spoiler:
Strelok's SIG
. It's probably more durable than my M4. I have to repair that thing constantly.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Guys, after putting an order in with Nimble, how long does it take? And should he vanish from his spot up top?

It's been a little while now, long enough that I've left the starting map and nearly cleared out the second as well.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

buzzmong wrote:Guys, after putting an order in with Nimble, how long does it take? And should he vanish from his spot up top?

It's been a little while now, long enough that I've left the starting map and nearly cleared out the second as well.
He didn't leave when I ordered my SEVA Suit. I think he might have bugged out on you or something. I think it took about one and a half in-game days to get my suit.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

:x

Edit: No worries, a couple of minutes after going back to the first map he appeared and I got the notification to collect my new gun.

Ironically as I was just flouncing around the Jupiter building reception bit, I picked up a G36 off a npc called
Spoiler:
Black
and I also found a Tunder in an unmarked cache there as well, so wasted 20,000ru with Nimble.
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Received my copy yesterday, was a nice surprise to receive the Special Edition. Installed last night but didn't get a chance to play so had a 10 minute jaunt this morning. Mostly amused by the discrepancies between the voice over and subtitles at the start

Voice "In 2010.."
Text "In 2009.."

Also lolled at a random paragraph in the manual being in French.

Glad you said to go straight forward to meet the man as I would have walked off to the left to the nearest anomaly. After a chat I went to have a look and shoot the 2 nice men I found there, then I went to work :(
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

mrbobbins wrote:Glad you said to go straight forward to meet the man as I would have walked off to the left to the nearest anomaly. After a chat I went to have a look and shoot the 2 nice men I found there, then I went to work :(
If you don't shoot them, one walks into the anomoly and falls over. Go give him a medkit and you get the 2nd scanner. It's quite handy.
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

buzzmong wrote:
If you don't shoot them, one walks into the anomoly and falls over. Go give him a medkit and you get the 2nd scanner. It's quite handy.
I think I picked up a scanner from the corpse, will have to check
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

mrbobbins wrote:Mostly amused by the discrepancies between the voice over and subtitles at the start

Voice "In 2010.."
Text "In 2009.."
Haha, I'd forgotten about that. I remember thinking I must post something about it at the time.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

mrbobbins wrote:I think I picked up a scanner from the corpse, will have to check
Waiting for people to die is a good way of getting free stuff. Don't help NPCs, just watch them get raped by the wild life then loot the corpse. Also rush outside right after an ejaculation and you'll usually find a dead body or two. I think I got my first veles detector using one of those methods.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

spoodie wrote:Also rush outside right after an ejaculation and you'll usually find a dead body or two.
:lol:
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

On the mention of the ejaculations. I find it odd that the AI NPC's seem to merrily try and walk to the nearest shelter, not run.

I would have thought GCS would have made them run if they weren't close considering they get the warning messages as well.

Other strange things involving NPC's walking through tunnels where I'm sheltering from an ejaculation so they can stand on the hill directly above the tunnel they've walked though, and then getting cut down by the ejaculation.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Burers. They are rather allergic to knives.