STALKER: Call of Pripyat

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

It is a bit gash. You'd expect a pr0 Stalker to be better at maintaining his weapons. It's almost as if they are made of blancmange. Still, I just hax the files to be somewhat less shit (and the mod I am using now has repair kits).
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Linky pls. That would make the game nicer for me. Although I don't remember it being a huge problem later in game in the original.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

You army people are so picky about materiel. You know the anomalies and ejaculations aren't realistic either right?

I can't say I've had too much of a problem as I don't shoot that much, not compared to a more traditional FPS. I'll often avoid a fight if I can as you don't get any drops from the critters. And I'm often in town to get repairs anyway.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Dog Pants wrote:Linky pls.
Here

Be aware though; it changes a whole lot more besides adding repair kits. If it really bugs you, I could probably upload an edited weapons file. That will require effort though.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

spoodie wrote:You army people are so picky about materiel. You know the anomalies and ejaculations aren't realistic either right?

I can't say I've had too much of a problem as I don't shoot that much, not compared to a more traditional FPS. I'll often avoid a fight if I can as you don't get any drops from the critters. And I'm often in town to get repairs anyway.
It's not a realism thing for me though, it's a gameplay thing. My weapons get worse and worse as I use them until I have to chuck them away. At the moment I can't afford to repair them, and nobody wants to buy them. The fact that they're trying to put some pseudo-realism in by doing it, but miss the mark completely is just ironic really.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Dog Pants wrote:
It's not a realism thing for me though, it's a gameplay thing. My weapons get worse and worse as I use them until I have to chuck them away. At the moment I can't afford to repair them, and nobody wants to buy them. The fact that they're trying to put some pseudo-realism in by doing it, but miss the mark completely is just ironic really.
This. Hard.

You can call it being picky about realism, but guns are not Bic Orange. They basically become dead weight after doing anything more than a couple of hours out in the zone. The costs to repair are prohibitive, which means most of the stuff you pick up is useless.

Nine times out of ten, you just end up unloading the weapon, dropping it on the ground, and selling the ammo.
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

But it is realistic because nu-cu-lur anomalies and magic radiation are known to cause rapid metal fatigue FACT!
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

mrbobbins wrote:But it is realistic because nu-cu-lur anomalies and magic radiation are known to cause rapid metal fatigue FACT!
Don't bring your fancy SCIENCE! talk in here, sunshine. We are having a moan.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

That's strange because I've not had any problems with weapons degradation and got plenty of money. I've only used about 5-6 assault rifles so far and a couple of shotguns. That's my load-out of choice.

Can't you just use the weapons of those you kill until you get enough cash for repairs?
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I loved Stalker SoC (with that uber mod, natch), and never got CS.

Is it worth me paying £19.99 for CoP?
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

buzzmong wrote:I loved Stalker SoC (with that uber mod, natch), and never got CS.

Is it worth me paying £19.99 for CoP?
It's the best of the bunch.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Sheriff Fatman wrote:
It's the best of the bunch.
Thanks Sheriff!

*loads up steam, bashes credit card*
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I have never been able to get on with any of the Stalker games. Thought first one was merely alright, but the second only held my attention for 10 minutes.

I don't know why, but for some reason to me they are the gaming equivalent of a wet SUnday afternoon.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Roman Totale wrote:I don't know why, but for some reason to me they are the gaming equivalent of a wet SUnday afternoon.
There's no denying the games are mostly desolate and oppressive. If you can't get on with that then it's not going to work for you.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Aye, that's why I've never hated on it - I know it is a good game, I just can't get on with it myself.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Roman is a Manc. Desolate, oppressive and guns are the norm.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I'd argue but it's true :(
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

They're all sat around burning oil drums on the chatsworth estate saying things like 'mad fer it stalker' and ey up our kid, have a dragunov'.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Got this off Steam today. With a lot of tweaking, the previous Stalkers ran OK on my PC. Not this one, oh no. I do need to upgrade now, but I wouldn't really know where to start.

*trundles of to the Hardware board*
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

close everything that uses an overlay, fraps, xfire, steam in game

bet it runs better after