Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

:lol:
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I'm preparing to enter Pripyat and I'm scared. This is possibly the spookiest game I've ever played.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

*Hopes mine arrives today*
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Dog Pants wrote:*Hopes mine arrives today*
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

spoodie wrote:I'm preparing to enter Pripyat and I'm scared. This is possibly the spookiest game I've ever played.
The labs are jolly good.

Minor spoiler:
Spoiler:
Just make sure you go and kill the thingy-ma-bob that hurls stuff at you. It's a bloody pain otherwise.

Have a good wander around before you follow the main quest. There are lots of places that you don't get to visit unless you make a point of going there off your own back.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

spoodie wrote:I'm preparing to enter Pripyat and I'm scared. This is possibly the spookiest game I've ever played.
I was exploring the Jupiter Factory at night, holy shit that freaked me out.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

deject wrote:I was exploring the Jupiter Factory at night, holy shit that freaked me out.
I don't dare going anywhere at night, that's just too much. I'm early to bed and early to rise. In broad daylight I stood at the door of the Jupiter factory for few moments, virtual sweat beading on my brow, wishing I didn't have to go inside.

There's a mission that says you have to meet someone at 01:00 to rescue a hostage, I turned up at 10:00 and we did it at that time anyway. The AI knows I don't like the dark.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I only did it because I had gotten the night vision on my helmet. I would not have dared otherwise. Even comforted by the warm green glow of the NV, it still was fucking scary, especially when there are
Spoiler:
fucking pseudodogs that are very hard to see with the limited contrast and the psy-attacks going on.
On top of that I figured that it was getting close to an ejaculation so I was trying to rush somewhat as well. It's good to see that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. still has that charm.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

deject wrote:On top of that I figured that it was getting close to an ejaculation so I was trying to rush somewhat as well.
Still my favourite swear felcher :)
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I got an hour or so in earlier (despite xfire thinking I'm playing it when I'm not, some rogue EXE still running). It feels a lot like the original to me, with me slogging across the map getting bummed by everything I come across. I didn't like the original at first and I don't like this at the moment, but I loved the original once I got into it, and I'm expecting the same here.

Also
Spoiler:
I played the good guy and gave up my artifact to the bloke who said his mate needed it at the beginning. Predictably he ripped me off. So when I saw him again half an hour later sat by a campfire I wordlessly shot him in the face. Think I'll play a meanie for once in this game.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Dog Pants wrote: Also
Spoiler:
I played the good guy and gave up my artifact to the bloke who said his mate needed it at the beginning. Predictably he ripped me off. So when I saw him again half an hour later sat by a campfire I wordlessly shot him in the face. Think I'll play a meanie for once in this game.
Spoiler:
As far as I could tell with a well carefully timed quicksave, the choices there are hand it over, or die. Had about 10 goes at killing them, but never made it.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:
Spoiler:
As far as I could tell with a well carefully timed quicksave, the choices there are hand it over, or die. Had about 10 goes at killing them, but never made it.
What I did was
Spoiler:
shoot his head as soon as I could without trying to keep moving. he died right away, which alerted his buddies, since the asshole wasn't behind me to shoot my back full of bullets it wasn't hard to get both of them.
Also, :lol: @ the werd felcher. I did not know about it and it's perfect.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

It was the first thing I did before I had any decent guns, so that probably didn't help.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Pfft. Worked out okay for me then.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:It was the first thing I did before I had any decent guns, so that probably didn't help.
I did that with the starting AK-74u, the hardest part was shooting the guy who sort of ran off in the dark because I could only see him when he shot at me mostly.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:
Spoiler:
Being a compulsive quicksaver I managed to do it after a few goes.
Spoiler:
Shooting the bastard in the face right away and ducking back inside made it easier, apart from the radiation hotspot just inside and the grenades being tossed at the doorway.
This was early on in the game for me as well. I suspect you're not really supposed to avoid getting ripped off as it's the game telling you not to be so trusting. I find it's best to be pretty ruthless.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

:above: I'm a natural bastard, but I know when I'm beat :P
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Like the first games I have found it to be a reet cupcake until you get better toys. You are certainly well advised to avoid the night like the plague.

With regard to the dude at the boat
Spoiler:
You can avoid the fight with him and all his friends by giving him the artifact, letting him run off, then promptly chasing him down and shooting him in the back. You still get aggro from his mates, but it gives you a little more wangle room.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Whatever it is in The Zone that makes weapons deteriorate so quickly can fuck off. A weapons cleaning kit would even help, just give me a bit of reliability. I like the upgrade system though.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Dog Pants wrote:Whatever it is in The Zone that makes weapons deteriorate so quickly can fuck off. A weapons cleaning kit would even help, just give me a bit of reliability.
I never got how weapons you find in a cache for maybe decades would function at first, but yet degrade so quickly it was like you were using bullets made of corrosion. Surely once the weapon is back in the hands of someone who wants to use it, it's kept in better nick then in some rusty old box in a shed.