Anime recommendations

For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ashgray3

naruto

Post by ashgray3 »

Naruto is the best anime in the history of all human.
No doubt about it, even elders are recommending to watch naruto episodes even it is a Japanese's subtitle.
I hope they finish dubbing in into english audio.

Site Admin

Post by Stoat »

Whether you were spamming or not, Naruto is a bannable offence.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Stoat wrote:Whether you were spamming or not, Naruto is a bannable offence.
:lol:
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

cashy
Zombie
Zombie

Post by cashy »

Genuine :lol:
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

:lol: I agree wholeheartedly.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Just go with the flow.

MORDETH LESTOK
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by MORDETH LESTOK »

Claymore (2007)
Chicks with big swords...

Besides the annoying boy and not so climatic ending, it was quite awesome.

Aelliseu
Kitten
Kitten

Re: Anime recommendations

Post by Aelliseu »

It's been a while since this has been updated, so I thought I would jump in and recomend some of the ones I have been watching

5 Centimeters per Second: 3 short films about a girl and a boy who grew up together, but one of them had to move away. Each of the films concentrates on a certain age and as the films progress they become older and more distant.

Angel Beats!: Bunch of kids running around a school fighting an "Angel". They are all dead and need to finish something they didn't get to in do in their life. Starts of as an interesting idea and ends up playing with your emotions

Another: A horror mystery. A boy moves to a school and strange events occur. Can't really say much without giving stuff away. Currently being aired so finding a Dubbed version will be impossible

Bakuman: 2 kids want to become manga artists, so they starts to make some. The anime follows them on their journey to try and become seralised. When I fist heard about this I thought it was going to be boring but it was pretty good.

Daily Lives of High School Boys: Interesting and rather strange Comedy. It's similar to Azumanga Daioh, but the humor is more ecentric. Also it has the best ED I have seen in a long time. Currently being aired so finding a Dubbed version will be impossible

Deadman Wonderland: School boy gets sent to prison for slaughtering his classmates. The prison is privatly owned and they slowly poison the prisoners. The only way to survive is to win the antidote by playing dead sports. It ends very suddenly and I am still hoping they will make a second season.

Durarara!!: A boy moves to Tokyo's downtown district. There is lots of fighting and gang wars. It changes unexpectly in the middle. Each episode is narrated by a diffrent character so you get to see everyone's view on what is happening.

High School of the Dead: A zombie invasion hits the world while the main characters are at school. They group up and try to survive. It's ecchi to the extreme so there are huge amounts of bouncing boobzors and pantie shots.

Steins;Gate: Mad scientist creates a Time Machine out of a Mobile and a Microwave, Goes back in time and screws up his life. Follows the basic themes of most Time Travel dramas, but there are some memes thrown in as well. Last 2 episodes feel out of place, but they are well worth watching.

Welcome to the NHK!: A man who never leaves his house because he thinks everythink around him is a conspiracy. One day a girl appears and tries to help him out of his slump.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

JockGitJnr wrote:Welcome to the NHK!: A man who never leaves his house because he thinks everythink around him is a conspiracy. One day a girl appears and tries to help him out of his slump.
I thought the anime of this was on permanent hold, I reviewed the manga in the books thread and it is most excellent, if they have managed to complete and distribute the anime over here, I'd be most interested.
Aelliseu
Kitten
Kitten

Post by Aelliseu »

Looks like it was finished and released to the UK January this year. I didn't realize there was a delay, but it was a long one seeing as the original Anime was aired from March - December 2006. I found it on Amazon Here
Stoat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stoat »

Seconding Steins;Gate - it's gone some nifty ideas about time travel and incorporates real events well.
Also, it's worth noting that Durarara!! is set in the same universe as Baccano!, which may have been mentioned.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

In case you don't know, there are shitloads of (legal) anime available to watch here:

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/

Can especially recommend Attack on Titan but there are loads of series on there
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Spec me some anime, bitches.

The child has watched all of Naruto (I know) and now I'm trying to get him to watch something that's not utter shit.

So far:
Akira
Van Hellsing
Neon genesis
Trigun
Goats in the shell
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Cowboy Bebop!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Dominion Tank Police...
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

All of Naruto is lot, so I guess something similarly lengthy might be useful. I think Shin Chin and One Piece are still going and Bleach, Sgt Frog, Inuyasha, Lupin III, Tenchi Muyo and Full Metal Panic/Alchemist had pretty long runs. And DBZ I guess, not fantastic, but there's a lot of it.