Minecraft

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Sorry I wasn't doubting you, I was doubting Notch's ability to release on time. And hopefully this wont come with any new game breaking bugs. His tweets for today do sound promising though.
Pnut wrote:Are we doing the next world with no spawning tools/tnt? Might make Co-op a bit more essential rather than people going off doing their own thing.
Some people have said they want to play it this way, me included. Are there any objections? And yeah, you're right. It'd be best for everyone to start with some kind of collaborative building on or near the spawn point. It doesn't have to look nice, just empty of monsters and reasonably functional.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Gets my vote :ahoy:
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Post by TheJockGit »

I'm going to have to get this game.. been reading a lot about it and it seems fun, had a go at the free one but I can imaging multi play is so much better.
scunner
Kitten
Kitten

Post by scunner »

TheJockGit wrote:I'm going to have to get this game.. been reading a lot about it and it seems fun, had a go at the free one but I can imaging multi play is so much better.
Get it quick! The price goes up today.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

@Notch wrote:"Collaborating" in chests will be way more fun when you can see each others mouse pointers
omg
scunner
Kitten
Kitten

Post by scunner »

Beta is out.
Opening the client starts the update.
Good news everyone.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Yep, my server is unusable at the moment because my buddy at work made a giant stack of TNT and blew it up and it kept crashing when I re-connected.
scunner
Kitten
Kitten

Post by scunner »

deject wrote:Yep, my server is unusable at the moment because my buddy at work made a giant stack of TNT and blew it up and it kept crashing when I re-connected.
oo, what's the ip?
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

deject wrote:Yep, my server is unusable at the moment because my buddy at work made a giant stack of TNT and blew it up and it kept crashing when I re-connected.
If you're using the latest server then it could be a bug. Several people have tried connecting to mine and it's kicking them back out with "lost connection: disconnect.overflow" on the server log. I'm checking things now. It doesn't kick me off.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Seems to be okay if you're in alone, and not moving.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

That works fine, untill you join the sever and its night.....
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I'm giving up for now. I've tried a few things without success. I can stay connected as I'm on the same network, but large sections of the map don't load/are transparent. For everyone else it seems the additional network latency over the Internet causes something in the code to hit a limit and the server kicks you. There's a thread about it here.

Remember: We are testers.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

scunner wrote:
oo, what's the ip?
It's not on all the time. when it's up you can type in <myusernamehere>craft.sytes.net, thought since I just run it on my desktop I usually only have it running when I'm not at work. It's been just me and a couple work buddies on it so far.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

just did some testing with spoodie, and turning the view distance to normal from far makes everything ALOT smoother, the option menus available on the main screen now so you can change it before you connect, i didnt notice much difference between the fast and fancy graphics settings but it seemed to reload the chunks so it was hard to tell due to the slow gap between settings
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Yes, please change your distance setting to "Normal". If nothing else it removes some horrible pop-up in the far distance. You can always change it to "Far" temporarily if you need to.

An update to the client was made available as of this morning, but there doesn't seem to be any official word on it, it's all gone a bit quiet. But it seems that the problem was tied to the world. Creating a new one has fixed the problem.

Server should be up in time for 20:00. I want to make the spawn area snowy, for Christmas time. Everyone loves snow, right? You can't possibly be sick of it. :)
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

<strike>Server is up and seems to work.</strike> Only website admins are Minecraft admins now.

/edit
Premature announcement, not tested properly, in the style of Notch.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

2 or 3 patches have been released
scunner
Kitten
Kitten

Post by scunner »

Yeah,
now running 1.1_02
Supposedly somethings are fixed like the leaf decay causing lag.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I've started the server up for testing. If some people could login, kill a tree and wandering around a bit that'd be appreciated. You have to get rid of all the wood for the leaf decay to start, if you didn't know.

It's only a temporary world and I'll replace it with another one before this evening. Assuming it actually works now.
scunner
Kitten
Kitten

Post by scunner »

seems good so far. Can you shout on here when the permament world is up?