Movie mini reviews

For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Chickenz
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Chickenz »

Inception.

Well it fairly put the idea of going to sleep in my head that's for sure.

Can't put my finger on exactly why I feel so dissapointed but I am. Something to do with the crap storyline I suspect...

Juno in a suit was nice though.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

friznit wrote:TRON Legacy
I also enjoyed Tron. It looked great, sounded great and the rest was good enough to avoid offence. Michael Sheen's panto character was a little annoying though.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Ultramarines

:(
:C
>:C

This was my face, watching this film. To be perfectly honest, this wont exactly be a thorough review, as I only managed to watch about 10mins before turning off in disgust. The line-up is good, and the voice acting is therefore pretty reasonable. The script is kinda cheesy, but anything less wouldn't be proper WH40k. The trouble is the animation. Its bad. its BAAAAD. Animated in Poser bad. Looks like a joke animation bad. I cried a little. Its such a waste of talented actors.

Don't watch this unless you want to die a little on the inside.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I just had another look at the trailer and you can see it's pretty poor in that. It made me think of ReBoot and that's 10 years old.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Anchorman

Watched it for the first time last night. I thought it was supposed to be funny?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Nope. it's not forget it happened.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Roman Totale wrote:Anchorman

Watched it for the first time last night. I thought it was supposed to be funny?
Well, it's a Will Ferrel film. It's... special.

I didn't think it was that funny the first time I watched it either, but now it gets funnier every time I watch it.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I thought it was hilarious, in a silly way. Not normally my sort of humour, but it pushed my buttons.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I thought it was funny, but I do mostly enjoy what Will Ferrell does. So shoot me.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

It's amusing, but it tries too hard.

Most of the "funny" lines that get said feel like the writers went "this should make people laugh" rather than "this is an amusing line, let's put it in".
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

buzzmong wrote:It's amusing, but it tries too hard.

Most of the "funny" lines that get said feel like the writers went "this should make people laugh" rather than "this is an amusing line, let's put it in".
I heard tell most of it is ad-libbed.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

HereComesPete wrote:
I heard tell most of it is ad-libbed.
I thought that, but I couldn't find any proof so I kept quiet.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

http://www.redlettermedia.com/sith.html

RedLetterMedia reviews Revenge of the Sith. Top notch stuff. 40 seconds into part 2 seriously broke me.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

It wasn't quite as good as the Attack of the Clones one but it was good.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

friznit wrote:TRON Legacy

Just went to see this at the new IMAX in Uxbirdge. While I suspect this is one of this big money movies that people will love to hate, I thought it was great. Special effects were superb, 3D was never overstated, soundtrack by Daft Punk was excellent throughout and the acting was convincing. The story may be a fairly regular fairy tale job without much in the way of twists and turns (this is Disney after all), but frankly it carries it off fine without ever seeming pretentious. Worth watching.
Totally agree, and I thought that the very minimal use of colours was very refreshing and added lots of atmosphere.
I must add that I wasn't convinced by the 3D however. It was my first ever 3D film, and I didn't always notice it. It could've been my eyes or something maybe. In either way, I'm not convinced it's the bee's knees as the directors say.
Also Olivia Wilde is smoking hot in this film, but I think we discussed that topic already.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Paul
Simon Pegg/Nick Frost + an alien.

Geeky fun, rather enjoyed it.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Ordinary housewife Suzume Katagura tries to make her boring life more interesting. She sees a wanted ad for spies, and signs up. Her brief is to be as ordinary and uninteresting as possible.
The film is anything but boring and uninteresting, the characters are insanely colourful and it is genuinely funny. Her "spy laugh" translates to any language.

Two very different girls, one into ama-loli Rococo fashion, the other an all-girl biker gang member influenced by western styles become unlikely friends.
This is more than about the fashions, though as both are hiding their real feelings behind their outward (to us, rather ridiculous) appearances.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

The Green Hornet

Shite, don't bother.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

L'illusionniste (not to be confused with the Edward Norton film)

I'm somewhat at a loss of words on how to describe this film so I suggest you just watch it, you may even thank me later.
This one is especially for lovers of classic animation though, others might find it a bit boring..
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

A little late to the Tron party, but...

I liked it. Straightforward story and some lovely visuals - it was like an Apple fan's wet dream (and I don't just mean the delectable Ms. Wilde). Cracking soundtrack too.