Whats your favorite Beer/Alcohol Drink?

News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

im rather fond of a chilled bottle of Tiger Beer personally :)
MORDETH LESTOK
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by MORDETH LESTOK »

Dog Pants wrote:Beer out of bottles is so much better than cans for some reason, but seeing as we have to take our bottles to be recycled and there's no convenient place to do it I either have to drink cans or have a massive pile of bottles that I haul the 12 miles or so to the recycling centre. I usually drink cans.
Even pop/soda is better out of bottles. Lucky for me...Florida doesn't have deposit on bottles...and recycling seems to be optional.
Craig
Ferret
Ferret

Post by Craig »

I'm a good few years to young :lol: Like a kajillion AKA 5
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Sheriff Fatman wrote:And I hope that Budweiser (Bottle) is the Czech 'Budvar' Budweiser, not that 'making love in canoe' Bud you make over there :p
That is exactly what I was going to ask - Czech Bud is luvverly, Merkin Bud is just plain wrong.

I was having a discussion with someone the other day and I pointed out that the worst tasting beers all have the best adverts - Carling, Carlsberg, Stella. Mass produce cheap gnat's piss and spend your budget on advertising, it clearly works.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

normal beer in bottles is pasteurised and still has very low levels of sugar maturation in bottles, in cans the stuff is pumped with nitrogen to get a creamy, flowing spurt when the can opens, so we get it all over us. In-your-endo aside, the nitrogen is what makes it easy to drink, and also what makes our body produce formaldehyde in the catalysing of alcohol, that is one of the main things that leads to blinding hangovers.

Camra, the campaign for real ale are missing one important thing, the fact that ale hasn't been produced for thousands of years, its beer with no hops in, and it tastes rank and goes off after about 10 minutes and tastes even ranker.

Anyway, less ramble more drink-
My favourite beers are black sheep bitter/ale/emmerdale and riggwelter, marstons pedigree, fullers london pride, timothy taylors landlord, deuchars ipa, theakstons ( black bull is best imo) I get on with wheat beer, the arse of rotating the bottle to avoid the sediment is lessened when you taste it, not that you do for long because around 8% is nice and strong and makes your face numb after a few.

want adventure from your beer? drink trappist beers! They allow airborne yeast strains to land on and ferment their brews, sometimes it'll be a nice stable yeast and the brew is tasty and around 8-14% sometimes it'll be some wild apple destroying thing that gives a brew of socks and sheep wool taste and it can be anywhere between 6-22% by the time they get it out the settling tanks, you'll only know which one it is when you take the first sip!

lagers i'll drink most of them when out, but carlsberg and tiger are my choices, draught is good, bottle is ok, can is a bit honking, I don't touch carling at all, its shitty, marketed as British when its Canadian and did I mention its shitty?

stronger stuff is jack on ice, jack and coke, cocktails like singapore slings, mohito's and zombie's, not the pint glass of vodka crap made up pikey zombie, the put lots of dark rum in then top it up with golden rum and set it on fire, but i dont set it on fire because that lowers the alcohol content.

no really fruity cocktails like sex on the beach, flaming orgasm etc, they may get you pissed but you look a right tart drinking them.
Last edited by HereComesPete on January 17th, 2010, 2:08, edited 1 time in total.
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

HereComesPete wrote:Anyway, less ramble more drink-
My favourite beers are black sheep bitter/ale/emmerdale and riggwelter, marstons pedigree, fullers london pride, timothy taylors landlord, deuchars ipa, theakstons ( black bull is best imo)
Hurray a man with taste!

Though you missed Wadworth 6X. That's one of the best ales I've ever drunk
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I had some lovely pints of IPA this weekend, the pipes must have been kept immaculately :)
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I'm changing my favorite beer to Sam Adams Boston Lager. It's got the perfect level of hops so you can taste it, but it's not overpowering like IPAs.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Samuel Adams. Always a good decision!

I'm quite partial to Staropraven given the choice. But not many bars have it so i have Fosters or Stella normally.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

A few nice beers I've drunk recently are Piddle In The Hole (tastes like biscuits, in a nice way), and some that Mr Johnson sent me from Belgium - Palm, which is a nice fruity lager, and Kameleon, which tastes like a nice strong smokey ale and kicks you in the balls like an 8.5% beer should do. I also got some Leffe off him, but I'm assuming most people have tried that. Belgian beer FTFW!
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

MrGreen
Shambler
Shambler

Post by MrGreen »

Hmm, my favorites are:

Beers
Liefmans Kriekbier
Liefmans Frambozen
Stella
BROOOOON
Guinness
Marston's Pedigree
Fullers London Pride

Others
Ginger wine (I'm northern damnit)
Campari- straight or with tonic
pixie pie
Cheese Lord
Cheese Lord

Post by pixie pie »

Dog Pants wrote:Beer out of bottles is so much better than cans for some reason
I'd have to agree with this. My favourite beer of the moment is Kronenbourg, but it changes fairly often. I really try to avoid the nasties: Fosters, Carling etc. because they just don't taste any good.
I haven't heard anyone mention wines at all? Does this mean nobody drinks them? I prefer a white wine to red, but have recently come to find a fruity red just as good. Of course I'll only ever drink wine if I'm eating, but its still good.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

All wine tastes like vinegar to me. Actually it tastes worse than vinegar, I like vinegar. I can say that El Gato isn't bad after a dozen cans of Fosters. It comes over to the Falklands in cartons from Chile, and was known by us as Chateau Gato.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

lager > ....... > cider > ale > white wine > piss > red wine
MIkkyo
5pork
5pork

Post by MIkkyo »

Kobbarberg, the pear one especially
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

bah, you guys just don't know how to pick a good wine.

I don't either, but I've had some fairly good ones and wine is tasty.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Asahi Super Dry <-- it's a nice japanese lager. Comes in bottles.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I had a Muscat de Beaumes de Venise last night, it was rather sweet (literally).

As far as bottled beers go, I like a few Tsingtao, Asahi, Cobra, Singha, Tiger, Tyskie, Lech, Zywiec, Brahma, Elephant, Baltika, various UK, trappist and German weissbiers or even Boston/Brooklyn to get me started on a Friday night.

For amateur drinking, like on summer afternoons, children's birthday parties or when flying passenger aircraft, the Fosters and Becks premixed with lime are quite refreshing, as are the Australian and Canadian "ice" beers.

Flavours from left to right: "Temporary Blindness", "Acute Renal Failure" and "Rectal Prolapse"
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

FatherJack wrote:Zywiec
I get this whenever I can, reminds me of Poland where I first discovered it. It's great watching the bar staff try to pronounce it.