Spec me a HTPC pretty please

If you touch your software enough does it become hardware?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Yeah it might work, but as i say, for the money i think i might experiment with the mac. My geeky inner child wants to play with one anyway. Even if just to laugh at people who make websites with iweb.

This is my current plan:

No1Jew
Meerkat of DOOM
Meerkat of DOOM

Post by No1Jew »

Ass it happens Home cinema is my kind of passion.

To get the most you will need Bluray for the true 7.1 HD audio as you probably know. You will need to go for the separates option as all in one 7.1 systems are massivly overpriced and pish !

As mentioned above the PS3 is a good startpoint for the Bluray as it does have the HDMI for Picture and Optical out for the sound and the PC Media steaming is a great feature is you use the Ethernet conections via Router (wireless can sometimes be a bit laggy)

Moving onto sound, Apmlifier. Now I swear by Yamaha. You can buy any issue of What Hi-Fi magazine and they always come out tops and I can vouch for that as I had an amazing Yamaha set up a few years ago however they can be pricey.

You want to be looking for somthing like any of these and If you do have a Richer Sounds near you it's well worth a visit as most of the time the will set a demo up with the items you want to buy.

If in doubt What Hi-Fi mag will set you right.

Good Luck

P.S. when you do get sorted, Transformers 2 1080p with 7.1 TureHD will blow you fucking sock off !!!!!
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Cheers for the tips, but i think that is a bit beyond my needs atm.
Although in the future, blu-ray and 7.1 etc would be nice, i am not too worried about that right now.
I have a decent enough 5.1 set of speakers, and dont fancy buying blu-ray discs for all my films.
They are all digital, and as stated i love my XBMC which is great for streaming them from my server.