Update

News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Stoat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stoat »

batty wrote:
Woo Elephant Yeah wrote:Hmmm, this is clever too, a php file that can grab new topics posted on a forum, and display them on your website by integrating it into the html.

http://www.5punk.co.uk/grabber.php

Don't know if it's of any use for 5punk though :?
Clever none the less
It would be lovely if there was an RSS feed with this info to sit at the top of firefox, is there?
Hmm, that would be quite good. I'll see if it's workable.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Okay, time to post a few things that've been on my mind;

One! Uh. Why is "General" in all caps? Are we meant to shout it? It always looks a bit odd to me like that.
Two! We have a General forum! Hooray! That was to take the spam out of the 5punk forum.. So.. Where does the 5punk related material go, now?
Three! The whole.. Rebranding the discussion board doesnt seem to have worked. There's still more than links and images on there, with some regular written-word threads swimming around. I thought it was alright there before, for stuff that was too small for its own forum topic.

Uh!
Disregard all that if I'm talking nonsense. It's twighlight hours.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Also;
5hooting blanks
Non-5punk related discussion.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

you mean you don't shout out GENERAL!
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

what grimmie said.

also, how about banning the username leggra2, and blocking his IP (and fucking subnet)
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:also, how about banning the username leggra2, and blocking his IP (and fucking subnet)
:above: THIS, HARD. :above:
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

i wonder if there's a report user thingy for phpbb, or some other way to maim spammers without having to pester wey or stoat.
Stoat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stoat »

names using 'leggera' are banned. I'll check a few more IPs before I start on those.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

hurrah! :)
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

Hadn't noticed the uppercase letters.

As funny as 5hooting Blanks is, it would probably confuse new visitors to the site

Any 5punk related talk can still go in General, in the same way it always has done, along with everything else.

As for spammers and so on, it's only really annoying if you let it annoy you.
Spam is part of the World Wide Web now, and one or two spam posts a week are hardly going to make the site unreadable are they???

Also, I have a social life, and one that involves spending time away from my P.C.
On top of this I am extremely busy at work nowadays, I'm selling my house, and I have a 6 month old teething baby to look after.
As you can imagine, spending hours of time hacking the forum with the possibility of buggering up new registered forum members to avoid a couple of spam posts a week, doesn't really make any sense.

I don't want to sound like a whiney bastard, but this is something I set up in my own free time because I thought it was a good idea, nothing more, nothing less, and it will always be at the bottom of my priority list.

So basically the point I'm trying to get across is Russian Spammers are all cunts, but at the moment they are cunts I can live with, and the more people make a deal out of it, the more it looks like a big problem when infact it really isn't.

friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Solution: Bomb Russia. I'll have a word with the boss. :boogie:
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

friznit wrote:Solution: Bomb Russia. I'll have a word with the boss. :boogie:
:? :excited:
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Suggestion noted:
TezzRexx in his mental notepad wrote:Don't make suggestions.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

WEY, i see your point, but there's absolutely no reason not to add another mod or supermod/admin to take a lot of the load off you and stoat*.

the spammers are usually easy to spot, and will usually sign up and spam straight after.

and yes, while spammers aren't that much of a problem, i tend to strongly prefer sites without spammers, or with fast enough reactions to spammers for it not to matter.

also, i have absolutely no desire to be hassled with pointless ads for stuff and basically have someone being payed for annoying the fuck out of me. (which in real life would see them twatted)

*no,this isn't berk begging for some rights,he doesn't give a fuck, just wants the spam situation dealt with.
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:WEY, i see your point, but there's absolutely no reason not to add another mod or supermod/admin to take a lot of the load off you and stoat*.

*no,this isn't berk begging for some rights,he doesn't give a fuck, just wants the spam situation dealt with.
Gota ask, why the size?
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Hehulk wrote:
Dr. kitteny berk wrote:WEY, i see your point, but there's absolutely no reason not to add another mod or supermod/admin to take a lot of the load off you and stoat*.

Gota ask, why the size?
Small print? :)
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Hehulk wrote:

Gota ask, why the size?
Its not his fault, just let him deal with it as best he can.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Hehulk wrote:

Gota ask, why the size?
all the better for fucking you with, my dear.

either that, or it's a point that's sorta off topic, just so it doesn't look like i'm groveling for admin rights, i'm busy and stressed enough as it is.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

I'll have them :P
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

BASTARDS! Wouldn't let me bomb Russia. Spoil sports.