Lets Play!

News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

deject
Berk
Berk

Re: Lets Play!

Post by deject »

tandino wrote:Right oh. In future when YouTube asks "do you want us to fix the lighting in this video?" say no. Without a doubt no. Definitely not. When YouTube has finished unfucking my Let's Finish It'll be posted publicly.
I thought they gave you a preview option before doing it to your video for real?
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Yeah they did, but it looks quite different tiny than in full 1080p. Now I know!
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

And behold, there was a Let's Play!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HNDukgqdSc[/media]

Let me know what you think, like, share etc. I die a lot.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Oh god I have this OCD thing where I know the solution that people need and it's just so frustrating when people can't figure them out.

I definitely enjoyed the video though. Your commentary is at a great pace and definitely kept the video interesting with your steam of consciousness.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Just as an FYI, I don't think Blue Monday being played at the front of the videos is perhaps the wisest of ideas.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

buzzmong wrote:Just as an FYI, I don't think Blue Monday being played at the front of the videos is perhaps the wisest of ideas.
Just as an FYI, your sentence makes you sound like a bag of dicks! :P

But in other news, it's one of many different chiptunes used on the lets play with 5punk series and it's been released as part of a fair use not for profit type dealio. Or something. Grimmie said it a few pages back.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

buzzmong wrote:Just as an FYI, I don't think Blue Monday being played at the front of the videos is perhaps the wisest of ideas.
I don't see the harm in it to be honest, everyone credited accordingly. My thoughts were "it's Monday, it's gloomy as fuck and this tune sounds awesome in 8 bit". It is a bit loud though.
Deject wrote:Oh god I have this OCD thing where I know the solution that people need and it's just so frustrating when people can't figure them out.
I know exactly what you mean - I fucking hate it when a solution is so obvious to me but the person playing is spazzing it up royally :). Thanks fo rthe feedback so far. I had a bit of trouble with the editing at first as it's been so long since I did any. I imagine part 2 will be easier.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I liked it, no offense to Grimmie but you sound a bit more excited about your game than he does. IT'S LIKE GRIMMIE DOESN'T LIKE GAMES AT ALL.

Not that I was mind you, I just thought it was a good idea to do after a few glasses of whiskey and now it just looks embarrassing.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

:lol: It's because my game's genuinely a bit shit in the earlier levels. And some of the later ones.

I'll probably lose interest and play something else for a bit, later. Maybe Fear or Prey.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

HereComesPete wrote:
Just as an FYI, your sentence makes you sound like a bag of dicks! :P

But in other news, it's one of many different chiptunes used on the lets play with 5punk series and it's been released as part of a fair use not for profit type dealio. Or something. Grimmie said it a few pages back.
Yeah, Gary Newman probably won't give a fuck. You'll probably just get a notification from Youtube that it's a known song blah blah blah in about 2 years time.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

tandino wrote:Let me know what you think, like, share etc. I die a lot.
That's probably exactly how I played that section. I certainly remember having a lot of trouble finding the way in, then out again without being killed. Good fun though. But like Deject said; frustrating when you know what to do. :)
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

BTW, if anyone is still looking for editing software (or if they are looking for better software after finding what they are using is shit), Lightworks seems like a good option. Pro level stuff, completely free. There is a paid-for option too, but having glanced through the extra features that is clearly aimed at actual professionals only, the free version would be more than enough for us lot. Ive not actually given it a go yet, but it looks excellent, and theres a short series of tutorial videos on the basics. I'll let you know if it turns out to be arse.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Ooh, thanks Joose!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Ah, handy.

Incidentally, good job with these videos guys. I struggle to find the quiet time to watch them (or indeed any other videos) so I don't comment, but I am interested.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Dog Pants wrote:Ah, handy.

Incidentally, good job with these videos guys. I struggle to find the quiet time to watch them (or indeed any other videos) so I don't comment, but I am interested.
:above: It's one of those things that I will get around to one day!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

By the way, if you guys want to stick your Lets Plays in a post on the Front Page I'll publish them as a weekly trickle.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

I just went on to the blog control panel, and apparently the theme we're using is called "5punky child".

Gross. :bleh:
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

You can attribute that one to Tandino.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Dog Pants wrote:You can attribute that one to Tandino.
That's a rather unfortunate, or perhaps deliberate phrasing.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

FatherJack wrote:
Dog Pants wrote:You can attribute that one to Tandino.
That's a rather unfortunate, or perhaps deliberate phrasing.
Yeah, it's a child theme I made of the original so as not to fuck everything up. The most logical way to name it was 5punky child. Then I realised what I'd called it...