nay!
21%

Total votes: 24

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Infantry only?

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I just had a blast on an inf only server, must say it was the best fun i've had in beef in a long time.

So should we try it on 5punkybeef? (probably kark/sharqi/jalabia)?
Chickenz
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Chickenz »

I reckon YAY.

Berk joined the server I've been playing on and it was a bloody good laugh. We both agree that INF only gives everyone a sense of bravado i.e. Bollocks the size of melons. Everyone takes more chances and it leads to awfully quick game play, but doesn't change the length of rounds by much.

Karkand and Sharqi would work best in my opinion, Jalalalalalallalalallalalalalalbad is too open at the start and the USMC would probably end up in a sniping stalemate.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Ive gone YAY.

Over the past few nights, ive started playing this game after buying it then tossing it aside because none of my mates colud be bothered. Then 5punk filled my world (hehe) with like-minded individuals and i started with the futurebeef.

Inf only leads to hideous crossfire stalemates mixed with lightning fast breakouts, plus lots of points for all, running down a street knowing the biggest bang you have to fear is nades and claymores leads to rambo-esque actions and epic gameplay.

In short INF=WIN :w00t:
Hehulk
KHAAAN!
KHAAAN!

Post by Hehulk »

I'm not the most active beef players (Leave the no shit shirlocks out of it please :P ), but when I do tend to play and there's no 5punk games going I beeline for the infantry only servers, simply because I fail at anti-tank and am incapable of killing any of them before the pilot usually notices and nails me.

My vote goes to Yay :)
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Inf only is good, unless it's one of the huge maps. Karkand, Sharqi, Mashtuur are all pretty good with Inf only. I say it's worth a go.
Gunslinger42
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Gunslinger42 »

It's worth a go, but with the number of people we usually get (at least to begin with), I doubt it'll be all that good.

But then again non infantry only isn't that good when we only have 7 people either.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I've never liked the idea of infantry only because I like AT whoring and it'd leave me kind of redundant, but I'm finding myself not playing BEEF because after playing FutureBEEF I just can't put up with the jet/heli whores any more. Maybe infantry only will renew my interest, so I'm a yay. How about Wake Island?
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

I've gone for a big fat Yay too. If it's possible to restrict it to certain maps only then Mashtuur, Karkand and Sharqui would be good, but I agree that Jalalalalabad is designed a bit too much around the tanks to work, especially as it is fairly large. Failing that, how about Operation Clean Sweep and Wake? :)

If there aren't too many people on a server, then I guess they'll just be spawning from the flag nearest the enemy, rather than wherever it is that the Tank/APC/Heli/Planes spawn, so the combat would just be a bit more restricted. It may even attract more people to come play.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Although I have not yet played it, it should be arriving with me today :) I vote yay though as I have fond memories of laughing non stop for half an hour playing Day Of Defeat on a tiny map with bazookas only :lol:
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I'd say yes, INF only maps are fun because it's more down to skill and tactics.

A grenade can wipe out whole squads, whereas normally people just send in an apc or tank or two and they're pretty much invunerable on some maps (like Karkland).

Plus high pointage = win.

And Mr Pants, you can still AT whore, the rocket is bloody dangerous on INF only maps and couple it with a dao12 or p90 is much win.

The only type that gets shafted is engineers unless spec ops are doing their jobs properly.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I have to admit I usually stay as AT even when I know I'm going to be facing infantry because I love the DAO-12. Rocket Sniping is also fun. I think you'd be at a disadvantage on an IO map though, but I'd probably end up swapping between AT and others.

Gunslinger42
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Gunslinger42 »

buzzmong wrote:I'd say yes, INF only maps are fun because it's more down to whoring ammo/med bags
:)

Support class on infantry only maps is great. You get dozens of ammo points from all the people whoring grenades and a gun that can out snipe snipers on single shots or destroy entire squads at close range :)
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Points don't equal prizes. Well they do, but that's not what I meant. Fun can be had even if you don't score a million points, so there's plenty of room for people who want to shoot anti-tank guns and have a laugh.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

FatherJack wrote:Points don't equal prizes. Well they do, but that's not what I meant. Fun can be had even if you don't score a million points, so there's plenty of room for people who want to shoot anti-tank guns and have a laugh.
Is that a plan for a 6 or so strong spunk squad to go on an rocket rampage?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

buzzmong wrote:
Is that a plan for a 6 or so strong spunk squad to go on an rocket rampage?
That sounds like fun.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

I voted yay!
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Dog Pants wrote:That sounds like fun.
I concur.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

So, that'd be a yes then? :lol:
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

It would appear that 5punk is in agreement!
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Lateralus wrote:It would appear that 5punk is in agreement!
:above: That.

I'm scared.

Also, server as been fettled for inf only mode.