News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Roman Totale wrote:<strike>North</strike>
:above: That. hard.

The south sucks even worse. at least the north is fairly pretty and doesn't have too many people.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote: The south sucks even worse. at least the north is fairly pretty and doesn't have too many people.
:above:

Ive also experienced considerably less anti-english sentiment from the northerners.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I actually think all of Wales is pretty decent - it's just that the people in North Wales are less inclined to disfigure you with a stanley knife for being English.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Joose wrote:Ive also experienced considerably less anti-english sentiment from the northerners.
:above: I find the more north you get in wales (and the higher altitudes) the nicer the people (at least, in general and especially with the anti-english thing)
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Indeed, I shall be holidaying in the northiest bit of the north of Wales in a couple of weeks.

On my one and only visit to Swansea, we went into a pub and asked for a pint (in English). The barman said: "sorry lads, we don't want any trouble". So, we went home again.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Yeah, I've sort of found that. I've had some great mates from all areas of Wales, some of my best mates in fact, but all of those that were arseholes just because I was English were from around the Cardiff area.

Of course there are plenty of arseholes in England too, which is probably why some Welsh (and indeed Scottish, and probably Irish too) think we're all wankers. You can be predjudiced wherever you come from it seems.
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

FatherJack wrote:Indeed, I shall be holidaying in the northiest bit of the north of Wales in a couple of weeks.
Me too! spooky

I are going up the Snowdon (again)
Chickenz
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Chickenz »

cooked salmon wrote:Waitress at the Mall of America. It's the biggest mall in America and it has a theme park at the center. Yes. A theme park.
It's a great job because I like talking and meeting people from different places. The menu's easy, the tips are fantastic, and I usually end up going home with about 100 dollars on a good night.

I don't like stupid customers. The ones who think my job is to read their mind and know if they hate mushrooms. :roll:
I guess beyond that don't really hate anything about it. :3
ZOMG, did you see Bam Margera skate there?
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

cooked salmon wrote:Waitress at the Mall of America. It's the biggest mall in America and it has a theme park at the center. Yes. A theme park.
It's a great job because I like talking and meeting people from different places. The menu's easy, the tips are fantastic, and I usually end up going home with about 100 dollars on a good night.

I don't like stupid customers. The ones who think my job is to read their mind and know if they hate mushrooms. :roll:
I guess beyond that don't really hate anything about it. :3
Twattish customers are the bane of everyone working in some form of retail outlet.

I should know, I technically work in customer services.

And on the mention of my job, certain people here fail on promises.
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

buzzmong wrote:I should know, I technically work in customer services.
Prostitution?
northwesten
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by northwesten »

lol I dont like South east or london or northwest. It sucks but we have great looking lands but my fav place is Biddeford in Doven. O.o love the night like and so nice!
cooked salmon
Kitten
Kitten

Post by cooked salmon »

M4niachicken wrote:
ZOMG, did you see Bam Margera skate there?

WHAT WHEN WHAT WHEN WHAT WHEN?!
I've only been working there since November/September 2006.

buzzmong wrote: Twattish customers are the bane of everyone working in some form of retail outlet.
Customer services must be worse than what I have to deal with. Oh man, I cannot fathom.
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

I've been to Pembrokeshire a few times and think its really nice. Bit of anti-English there, but never actually encountered any serious dislike. The beaches are ace though. I'm heading there again in the middle of June for a few nights.
killslay
Head Crab
Head Crab

Post by killslay »

buzzmong wrote: Twattish customers are the bane of everyone working in some form of retail outlet.
I should know, I technically work in customer services.
try phoning people up and demanding money that they owe, if i weren't already so misanthropic i would of cracked by now
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Woo!

Applied for a job this afternoon as a CAD analyst (fuck knows) with a Liverpool company and within about 20 minutes the folks had phoned me back. I answered a few questions and the nice chap said he'd phone me back within the week to arrange an interview.

Glad at their efficiency

Suspicious at the desperation

Still, they've decided to take on about 3 or 4 people at the saqme time so can't be all bad. I hope. About fucking time someone got back to me. Non responsive cunts.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Sheriff Fatman wrote:
Prostitution?
You looking to change your "agency" then sheriff? :lol:

killslay wrote:
try phoning people up and demanding money that they owe, if i weren't already so misanthropic i would of cracked by now
Well, as I deal with customers accounts on their store credit cardz, I can sympathise with you. "I don't owe this, I didn't buy it" followed by "Yes you do, yes you did, it says so here...twice".
eRabbit
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by eRabbit »

I sell towels in a middle class department store in the centre of England. My job is the working equivalent of beige.
eion
Grammar Nazi
Grammar Nazi

Post by eion »

eRabbit wrote:My job is the working equivalent of beige.
:lol:
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

eRabbit wrote:I sell towels in a middle class department store in the centre of England. My job is the working equivalent of beige.
I actually own some beige towels.

/thrilling life blog
eRabbit
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by eRabbit »

Roman Totale wrote:
I actually own some beige towels.
We in the industry call them "parchment".