yay! an RTS!

News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

yay! an RTS!

Post by Joose »

anybody out there play Warcraft III, other than myself?

also: i would point out that "Mod" does not equal "skilled in any way", so no need to feel intimidated

:twisted:
watashi-wa
Mouse
Mouse

Post by watashi-wa »

I would, if I had a copy.

I'm pissed that I lost my copy of Starcraft - 5punk would have been perfect for finding like-minded Zerg... :)
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I found starcraft not too well balenced, although that was a long time ago now, they may have patched it.
All i remember is those zerg flying thingies that have bouncy type shots. A few of them and you could annihilate everything.

You should look to get a copy of WC3, it is "da bomb". Similar kinda feel to starcraft, better balenced (in my opinion, though my mate insists that orcs are all teh faaabulous), and pretty in its spangly 3d-o-vision. Its also probably on budget or some such by now.

Buy it!
Buy it now!
--LaNiMeL--
Squirrel
Squirrel

Me Has Teh Game!

Post by --LaNiMeL-- »

I Have the Game And I Used To Pwn Every1 real bad at WC2 Back then so . . . I Completed It Real Fast And Kinda Left It There . . . kinda a shame really :( . . . Warcraft 2's Onliine Was Far Better Tho! *Pulls out old copy of WC2* :P
Sticky Label
Polar Bear
Polar Bear

WGAMWAerasddg adf

Post by Sticky Label »

I may play, once I get a real CD key or something similar.
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Re: WGAMWAerasddg adf

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

Sticky Label wrote:I may play, once I get a real CD key or something similar.
Hello new person, please read our http://www.5punk.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3

Welcome to the sticky stuff, allthough, you'd know all about that of course with your username and all. :roll:

*gets coat*
Sticky Label
Polar Bear
Polar Bear

Post by Sticky Label »

Actually, I have done. There is some bug in this forum that is making all the "Post reply" buttons into links to the main Forum page, So I can't.

And I take it you're not much of a b3tan, that you don't even recognise my name.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

oooooh, handbags at damn, ladies and gentlemen :roll:

the whole "welcome new person" is his standard greeting. Im beginning to think hes cut-pasting it :)

just out of interest, how did you post that reply if all the post reply buttons are broke?
StickFigureNinja
Meerkat of DOOM
Meerkat of DOOM

Post by StickFigureNinja »

I have the broken reply button problem too. Sometimes I have to come back to a page 3 times before it'll let me reply.

And as for Starcraft being unbalanced, it is the single most perfectly balanced RTS I've ever played.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

StickFigureNinja wrote:I have the broken reply button problem too. Sometimes I have to come back to a page 3 times before it'll let me reply.
really? fair enough.
/pokes wooelephantyeah while yelling "sort it!"
And as for Starcraft being unbalanced, it is the single most perfectly balanced RTS I've ever played.
like i said, it was some time ago when i last played it, so my view may be distorted by the passage of time, but i seem to remeber the funny pyschic aliens being somewhat....toss.

actually, weren't they called protoss? that would explain it i suppose.

Anyway, as its made by the same people as WC3, I wouldnt be surprised if it was more that *I* was toss, and it just showed up less when i was playing as the zerg :)
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

Sticky Label wrote:Actually, I have done. There is some bug in this forum that is making all the "Post reply" buttons into links to the main Forum page, So I can't.
I'll have a look and see if I can find out what's doing it. Are you using I.E. or Firefox? It's wierd because it works for me with both I.E. and Firefox :?
Sticky Label wrote:And I take it you're not much of a b3tan, that you don't even recognise my name.
Sorry if I offended, it's just a pisstake on the whole "Hello new person, please read our FAQ" post in the main b3ta forums.

*glomp's*

I think I'll stop using it now :lol:
Sticky Label
Polar Bear
Polar Bear

Post by Sticky Label »

StickFigureNinja wrote: And as for Starcraft being unbalanced, it is the single most perfectly balanced RTS I've ever played.
This is very true.

It's actually AVP, but they couldn't get the liscences