Necromunda

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Necromunda

Post by buzzmong »

A Necromunda game is coming to PC.

It's from the guys behind Mordheim: City of the Damned. A game which was apparently pants on release, but by the time I came to play it 6-8 months later it had seen some massive changes due to community feedback, and is a game I actually quite enjoy. Got a few dozen hours on it.

As it's the same company, I expect a similar game. I think it'll definitely work well with Necromunda and I'm cautiously looking forward to this.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Necromunda

Post by Dog Pants »

I'd feel a lot more optimistic if they did a Blood Bowl and stuck to the board game formula. 'Not nearly as shit as it was at release' isn't much of an accolade. We live in hope though.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Dog Pants wrote:I'd feel a lot more optimistic if they did a Blood Bowl and stuck to the board game formula. 'Not nearly as shit as it was at release' isn't much of an accolade. We live in hope though.
"Not nearly as shit" isn't how I meant that, I think it's actually a decent game.

M:CotD isn't too far from the board game, but it's not a direct copy.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

all i want to know is do we get to swivel the camera round to argue about line of sight?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

It should come with a red "line of sight" stick that goes a bit bendy so everyone ends up being able to shoot around corners like in that terrible Wanted film.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I picked up Mordheim for a tenner in a flash sale and gave it a go to formulate an opinion for myself, which is: "Yeah, it's not bad."

That is to say, the campaign seems reasonably fitting and the engine, GUI, controls, etc. are a bit clunky but they work well enough. I sort of like that you only see the game from the (third person) perspective of your team, and the real time within turn based thing works okay. It's faster than an old school grid and action points, although it's a bit less intuitive. I can live with that. My issue with Mordheim, which makes it a not bad game rather than a good game, is that it just seems to come down to whoever can gang-fuck the other team first. Hopefully Necromunda's greater variety of gangers and equipment, along with the emphasis in ranged combat (which feels quite nice in Mordheim) will remedy these things.

So colour me interested. I'm not sold yet, but I think the Mordheim system has the potential to make a good Necromunda game.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I did see you playing it and was wondering what you'd make of it.
Concur with your points, the working strategy for Mordheim is to have your gang try and single out members of the opposing gang and flatten them, rather than go mano-a-mano in general.

The fact it's not a bad system overall means it's got potential though. Apparently there's going to be a bigger focus on the RPG element which'll definitely be interesting, and I also concur with the fact Necromunda having a lot more guns might stop some of the gang bang issues :)