Brum Bash foods

Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

emeraldsub
Ferret
Ferret

Brum Bash foods

Post by emeraldsub »

Yes, I realise the stereotype that I am sorting out the food and not Grimmie.

So, we were thinking of going for a carvery on the Sunday, it's a 15 minute walk or a very short walk from BrumBash headquarters. Also maybe Chiquitos?

Snack wise we are stocking up on crisps, pretzels, nuts etc and at Mr Johnson's request, Krispy Kremes. There is a big asda 5 minutes drive away if anyone wants to do a run out there to get specific snacks or booze etc.

We are making a run out to Costco before Bash so if people want anything from there ( Giant birthday cake, big american red velvet/carrot/chocolate cake, cookies, granola square, monster muffins, American sweets etc) let us know

So, any ideas? Requests?
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Re: Brum Bash foods

Post by TezzRexx »

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

</helpful>
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Here's my idea:

FRIDAY: Something cheap and probably not super healthy, like chips, or curry, or Chinese, etc... Depends on what's nearby so we can walk there using our legs and maybe feet. Alternatively, don't leave the comfort of home and order in some pizza.

SATURDAY: We'll already be on the road, so maybe do Chiquitos then? Depends on what we're doing and if we can fit that in. Otherwise do pizza now (in case we didn't do it Friday) before the potential pubcrawl so we get some grease to line our poor suffering stomachs.

SUNDAY: Carvery sounds great! Chiquitos also sounds great! I'll probably only be half alive at this point so it doesn't really matter anymore.

MONDAY: Bacon sarnies and leftovers.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

And sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone have any specials requests from Belgium? I'll be bringing mattetaart as usual and I was thinking about bringing a small selection of beers as well, though I'm a bit limited due to weight. Anything else?
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Since I missed out on Belgium bash it might be nice to try some stuff from there. I don't really know what there is though, I'm not a massive fan of sweet things and my favourite things cheese and meat don't transport very well. Maybe some dried meat or pate that is unique to Belgium, that'd be grand. I shall reciprocate if you can think of any ridiculous British foods you haven't tried, I'll make sure I find a good example of things like black pudding or pork pies, although I think you tried those last time.

In terms of bash food, first night pizza is always the simplest option as it requires only a very tiny amount of effort or organisation on our part. A bit of food at the BCM sounds good, especially if it is authentically covered in soot, but not a massive feast. Chiquitos kind of counts as doing a thing, so I don't know how much time we will have between getting back, restocking booze (like we always have to) and how late the pub crawl is. Getting to a pub in time for a carvery sounds a lot easier than making it for a breakfast, so I'm all for that option, otherwise we can just load up on bacon butties and go Chiquitos later if we didn't the day before.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Yes for Chiquitos!

I have no specific food request, but obviously we must make sure the bash essential of French Fancies are present :)
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

FatherJack wrote:Since I missed out on Belgium bash it might be nice to try some stuff from there. I don't really know what there is though, I'm not a massive fan of sweet things and my favourite things cheese and meat don't transport very well. Maybe some dried meat or pate that is unique to Belgium, that'd be grand. I shall reciprocate if you can think of any ridiculous British foods you haven't tried, I'll make sure I find a good example of things like black pudding or pork pies, although I think you tried those last time.
There's not a lot of dried meat that is unique to Belgium, there is a local dried ham (called Ganda ham) that is produced in Ghent but it's really just ham. There's also Tierenteyn mustard, which is one of my favourite mustards but again, it's just mustard. I'll have a look in the shops to see if there's anything more special.
As for British things, remind to pick up some jello (I know jello is American, but I can't get it here) to take home with me. Otherwise, Pnut promised me some Yorkshire tea. I'll happily try anything else but I don't have any ideas or suggestions as to what I haven't tried yet.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Ohh I love mustard :D please bring some! I'll give you monies xox
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

No need for money, the mustard is pretty cheap so just pay me in beers or a pizza or something.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Mr. Johnson wrote:something.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Dog Pants wrote:
Mr. Johnson wrote:something.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Food overview thusfar:

Friday eve: Take-away
Saturday noon: Black country museum
Saturday eve: Chiquitos/pubcrawl
Sunday noon: Carvery

Any objections to us preparing a mild chicken golden curry for Sunday night?
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Grimmie wrote:Food overview thusfar:

Saturday noon: Black country museum
Didn't realise the Black country museum is now edible 8DDDD
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles