Adventure games

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Adventure games

Post by spoodie »

I've just completed Another Code on the NDS which is a lot like traditional point-and-click adventures. You mostly move the character around by pointing with the stylus but it also makes clever use of the DS hardware to solve the puzzles. One particular puzzle requires that you close the DS so the stamp on the top screen makes a mark on the paper on the bottom screen. But having to blow into the mic to cause condensation to appear on a window is not easy to do on the train without getting funny looks from fellow commuters. :oops:

The story is quite good and graphics okay so if you fancy a fresh adventure this is for you. And now I have an excuse to buy a new DS game! :w00t:
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

spoodie wrote:blow into the mic to cause condensation to appear on a window is not easy to do on the train without getting funny looks
/designs game where you have to go Mmmmmmnnnnnnrrrrgggggghhhh! into the mic.

Haven't spotted that one - keep meaning to get a DS, but the games they have in Tesco all look a bit rubbish - what else is there that's recommended? I like the inventive use of the hardware.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

FatherJack wrote:Haven't spotted that one - keep meaning to get a DS, but the games they have in Tesco all look a bit rubbish - what else is there that's recommended? I like the inventive use of the hardware.
The warioware game for the DS is very good if you havent already played one of the other warioware games, good use of the stylus and mic. I've read Mariokart is as good as the SNES version but with wifi multiplay on top, either that or Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney will be my next purchase.

I've just seen that there's a new Mario and Luigi RPG out in 30 days and that will be a must-have, the one of the GBA is one of the best game I've played in the past couple of years. :excited:
JamieChalm
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by JamieChalm »

I've been wanting Another Code for a while... How long is it btw?
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

JamieChalm wrote:I've been wanting Another Code for a while... How long is it btw?
Hard to say, I played it on and off over a few months while commuting. Probably 10-15 hours of play I would guess.
JamieChalm
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by JamieChalm »

Good enough I spose, and sounds like just the thing for a long journey :boogie: