Re: BF4

Post by fabyak »

:lol: Cheers Roman!
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Ive so far only been able to enjoy this for about 5-10mins at a time. After that it becomes unplayably stuttery, slowing to a crawl every few seconds. Apparently lots of people have had similar issues, and have posted many fixes. Ive tried all of them that I can find, so far no joy. Annoying.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Are EA in collaboration with Samsung or something? This game is fucking huge. Something like 23GB for the main game plus about 6GB each for the 5 expansions. I hope I spend more time playing it than I do downloading it.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Joose wrote:Ive so far only been able to enjoy this for about 5-10mins at a time. After that it becomes unplayably stuttery, slowing to a crawl every few seconds. Apparently lots of people have had similar issues, and have posted many fixes. Ive tried all of them that I can find, so far no joy. Annoying.
The beta had this issue. Can't believe they still haven't fixed that.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Ive discovered that if I turn off absolutely everything i have running in the background (steam, skype etc) then it runs playably with only the occasional stutter. Still not great though.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

God damn EA sucks. I struggle logging on to Battlelog. When I do finally get on I can't find any games with more than a couple of people on. I go to take a look at the premium packs I should have got, there's a problem with the server. I check to see if I'm missing any DLC, there's a few free content packs. I can't download them because there are problems with the server. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

That is, I don't think I'll grab it. You may recall I had to scrawl "you hate this game" on my BF2 disks to remind myself not to spend hours reinstalling it. I got BF3 when it was free and according to Raptr have played it for 0 seconds. I also have literally no money.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

7!
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

I already have the standard edition, but i'm tempted to rebuy the Premium Edition just to get all the expansions because Origin doesn't seem to offer the expansions separately. HRMMMMMMMM.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

You can just buy all the expansions together as a premium pack, but it's the same price as buying the premium edition.

I've been enjoying our BEEFygames, incidentally. The browser is still fucking stupid, and it doesn't feel that different from BF3, but BEEF is BEEF. We were all very impressed by Paracel Storm last night, with its dramatic weather effects and burning destroyer piling into the beach.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Presumably Paracel Storm isn't a premium map if I was able to play on it with the game time free version?

I didn't hate it as much as I remembered hating BF2, and currently have no money in any case, but I might be tempted by the standard edition price if it stays that way until I have monies.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I found 3 to be greatly preferable to 2 so I am enjoying this also :)
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Dog Pants wrote:You can just buy all the expansions together as a premium pack, but it's the same price as buying the premium edition.
Yeah spotted that in the end, so BORT the Premium pack, so now i have two copies of B44F. Can you gift them like in Steam? I couldn't seem to find anything in the application.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Doesn't sound like something EA would do. That's as much lost revenue as a pirate copy. Do you want to put EA out of business? Well do you? You monster.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Dog Pants wrote:Doesn't sound like something EA would do. That's as much lost revenue as a pirate copy. Do you want to put EA out of business? Well do you? You monster.
Technically no lost revenue, but you knew that.
Is it worth me buying those expansions? If I do I will be in the same predicament as Tezz, but it will make server searches easier for satagames.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I dunno. I've only ever owned it with all the expansions, but I recall saying that I don't think we've played the same map twice. We could probably get along fine with the base maps for quite a while, so all you'd be missing out on are the DLC guns (which hopefully aren't any more powerful). Not that I'm trying to dissuade you, but I reckon it's probably not essential unless you want it.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Bought it cos why not. Will have a new PC sorted in the next few weeks so should be able to play more.