Pimp your Kickstarter

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Re: Pimp your Kickstarter

Post by shot2bits »

spoodie wrote: Gang Beasts
A local multiplayer PC game with physics powered platforming and punching. I've been looking for these sorts of games for when I have visitors.
You can download a very early tech demo thingy here.

might i suggest Divekick a two button fighting game that seems rather awesome
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

shot2bits wrote:might i suggest Divekick a two button fighting game that seems rather awesome
That's already on my list for next time, but thanks.

I've got Nidhogg, which is a lot of fun. Samurai Gunn is on the list, better for over 3 or 4 players. Also the recent Rayman games. But if there's any more ideas, please let me know.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Is Gun Monkeys single-screen? That's quite fun. I don't think it is though.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Dog Pants wrote:Is Gun Monkeys single-screen? That's quite fun. I don't think it is though.
I'd like to support those developers and it looks like it checks the boxes. Not sure how playing on the same screen will work though ... Thanks!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Catapult For Hire's latest update video focuses on... fishing.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-tsRVi_F4o[/media]
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Dog Pants wrote:I wasn't going to mention Octopus City Blues because it's mental and I didn't think anyone would like it, but this update had me snorting my tea with its ridiculous parodies of old 8-bit games. It's doubled its funding, against their and my own expectations. I thought it was mental enough to put a few quid on. Also the idea of a point-and-click with a city that simulates the NPCs doing their own thing in the background was interesting. But mostly the tentacles.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wB7Mo0Gke8[/media]
There's now a demo that anyone can try - http://ghost-in-a-bottle.itch.io/octopus-city-blues

I like it, it's weird and dark. Being able to play with a controller from the sofa is nice. Looking forward to the final game now.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I've avoided the demo because I don't want to spoil the final game, but I've had a good vibe from the sense of humour in the updates.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I don't quite know what to make of it. Sounds like a cross between Zombicide and Arkham Horror.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/or ... s-of-orion

From the Orion:Prelude chap(s), iso dino slayer thing.

Only local MP listed at the minute, but that's not insurmountable (unless it's split screen)
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Years ago, I bought the Lab Zero's skullgirls on the PS3 on a whim because the artwork looked pretty. I was not disappointed because the hand-animated sprites and the art deco world were something truly beautiful to behold. Didn't play the game much however, because it's insanely difficult. Even on normal difficulty I only managed to defeat the AI a handful of times and the controls seemed rampantly difficult even for a fighting game. So I admired it from afar and left it to the pros.

Now Lab Zero opened up their indiegogo for their second game, Indivisible, which is a sidescrolling platformer in the same gorgeous style as it's predecessor. The fighting system is a blend of turn-based combat and beat 'em ups which is a pretty fresh way of approach but it takes a while to get used to it, basically each of your controller buttons represents a character in your party who has three different attacks based on which D-pad button you press. It's simple enough on paper but tricky to master, and the enemies are damn hard. There is a prototype which is free to download if you're interested.

Also, one of the characters is a guy with a sword turban. As in, his turban is made of a sword.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I've mentioned it before but I'll post a link here for posterity and ease of location:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/we ... escription

Battletech, by the creators of the rather good Shadowrun Returns. A similar concept, in that they want to bring the feel of the tabletop game while presenting a turn based videogame. I thought SR was a bit on the simplistic side personally, but that doesn't sound like it will be the case here.