Games of 2015

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Games of 2015

Post by Grimmie »

What are you looking forward to playing in 2015?

I read this pretty comprehensive article by PC Gamer that covered a lot of releases I wasn't even aware of, I recommend checking it out.

Obviously I'm kinda drooling over the prospect of finally finishing the Starcraft II story by playing my favourite race, and Grey Goo's high on my watch list of RTS games coming out. A few on the list kinda surprised me, but only because they're games I've currently been enjoying that are still in beta, and yet to be properly released, like Prison Architect.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Games of 2015

Post by FatherJack »

Amazing Frog? is a clear GOTY winner.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Batman. Batman Batman Batman. Bat. Man. Aww yeaaah.

Batman.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Yeah, I started making a list of "want that, interested in that" but it got too long.
Looks like a good year, though I doubt some of their optimistic release dates.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Anery wrote: I doubt some of their optimistic release dates.
Haha, yeah. We're not seeing Star Citizen anytime soon.
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

the only thing I'm actually heart-explodingly excited about is GTAV for PC. I play with a friend on PS3 and we're never not laughing, but then add amazing graphics and full first person view to that andyup yup yup yup.

other than that I'm looking forward to the witcher 3. that's about it i think! I still have to beat dragon age inquisition and dark souls 2, jeez. also I realised lately I've still not actually completed skyrim.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I'm also excite for GTA V, I look forward to reviving our Rockstar online 5punk group and drunk driving into the ocean. I want to be excited for the witcher III but I can't run it...
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Mr. Johnson wrote:I'm also excite for GTA V, I look forward to reviving our Rockstar online 5punk group and drunk driving into the ocean.
Very this. Played GTAV on the 360 and took it online once. I thought "yeah, this would be awesome if there was anyone online that I knew!"
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I have a million steam games I need to start/finish before I get any new ones.

I might have to get that GTA thinger though.
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

here's some of the stuff me and my buddy have done in GTAV:

went on a server where a player had a cargo helicopter. stole his cargo helicopter, flew around picking up NPC cars and dropping them from great heights onto players. low success rate, but when you do crush someone with a car from above it's a great feeling. best moments included flinging a 4x4 into a hangar as a cargo plane was taking off, exploding it a bit then firing wildly into the cockpit to kill the pilot so he crashed in a ball of flames. also picked up a fire truck that another player had stolen and flung it off into the distance like "what you gonna do about it"

we then used the cargo heli to complete a mission which required stealing a car. we lifted the car up so other players couldnt get it, got it paid and sprayed and everything, but then a vengeful high level player had rigged the mission finish line to explode just as I was happily driving it into the garage. we then spent like 5 or 10 minutes trying to kill this player but he was just ridiculously powerful so we bailed.

we've climbed to the top of the mountain and blasted down on motorbikes, gone to an apartment party where we drink a load of beer and smash bottles on the floor (and I got one kid asking me if I was a girl in real life, which made me laugh for ages), violently pistol whipped each other as if it was a pat on the back, caused huge vehicle pileups and messed with the cops all the while doing the pelvic thrust animation and taking selfies whenever we could.

overall it is a very 5punky game and it will be great to play it in high definition first person with 5punkers so yall should get it.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

I play GTA5 online quite a bit on the PS4. It's that 5punky that I will be buying it again on PC because the results will be, increminale. :D

Also, I play as a half naked girl (obviously), and now and again I get completed HOUNDED. With people legitimately thinking I'm a girl IRL...
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Tell them you wear golden speedos AND NOTHING ELSE in meatspace, watch those inappropriate messages flood in. You don't even have to lie!
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

:lol:
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

TezzRexx wrote:Also, I play as a half naked girl (obviously), and now and again I get completed HOUNDED.
And you love it!

I've only ever played GTAV solo on the PS4, but there's a fair chance I'll get it for PC to join in the 5punky fun.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5- ... 0-6424620/

March, reasonable specs, good times. :)
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

HDD Space: 65GB

:shock:
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Mr. Johnson wrote:HDD Space: 65GB

:shock:
Ok specs I guess for a game that runs on ten year old consoles just fine :?. Maybe the disk space for is those textures for 4k or some shit. It fits on a single disc on PS3, though admittedly that could be as big as 50GB with BluRay, but the 360 version doesn't have that luxury (DVD, 4.7GB max) and seemed to also be a single disc when I mucked about at the Joose's and crammed their garage with pink cars.

I haven't had many games anywhere near 50G before, so seems quite a leap, infact it's only badly-done beta installers like ES:O that have come close to 65G. Wolfenstein:TNO at 46GB is my biggest install to date.

Pessimistically, we're due another turkey in the GTA console-to-PC conversion flip-flop of sequels:
GTA3 - ran badly when first released :cry:
GTA: Vice City - great :)
GTA: San Andreas - looked terrible for the time :roll:
GTA IV - ran fine and looked good :likesitall:
GTA V - ? :dalek:

It depends if it's the last of the PS3/360 conversions (in which case it will run fine) or the first of the PS4/XBone conversions (questionable). The tech inside those boxes is perhaps more PC than it used to be, so it's maybe nothing to worry about.

Personally I suspect it'll run like a dog's arse on anything less than a supercomputer, but I really hope that won't be the case. :shamrock: :ham: :lemon:
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Maybe it's all the FMV they're putting in for the new QTEs. You guys know about all that, right?
FatherJack wrote:crammed their garage with pink cars.
Is that a euphemism?
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

the PC release is the version that's on PS4/XBONE, FJ. It's got massively updated graphics, otherwise first person mode would look a bit garbage.

also, GTA4 was a failure of a release! It ran like absolute garbage on most people's machines and I think it was part of the reason rockstar decided not to release RDR on the PC. Wasnt as much as a failure as when GTA3 first came out though, yeesh.

release delayed to march though, ouch. I was so excited for it to be out this month :((
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

The guys in my office have been banging on about GTA V, showing videos of their antics and videos of others' antics. From the size of the maps, detail and varied amount of content I've seen, 65 gb doesn't seem too bad.

I think there's a good chance of it being a good 5punky game.