EVE Game Time

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Re: EVE Game Time

Post by Grimmie »

My subscription's nearly up. I managed to accrue all the little frigate ships, a nice Gallente Catalyst and get most of the way through the Sisters of Eve Epic Story Arc. I've also got about 16mil ISK sitting in my account unspent, and about 60mil in unsold Gecko drones. A few people in Rookie Help suggested I hang on to them as their value might go up after this event's passed. My plan was to get a Vexor and pump up my drone skills, as I've never really played around with drones that much, and fancied popping pirates with them. But hey, subscription's almost up.

Unfortunately a buddy in America's just told me he's interested in subscribing for a trial month too, ssooo..
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Come join us in our wormhole. No skills needed and it's a fun place to be.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Fun in what way?
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Stuff do to with people of a similar level. There's Planetary Interaction for a nice steady income for minimal effort (bit of a chore to setup but then it runs itself), running sites in small gangs (bit like doing missions but less dull and more isk), explorating with probes, and a small risk of pvp to give it an edge (and no one shows in local). We have two wormholes atm - a Class 2 (entry level) and a Class 3 (slightly tougher, more income but need better ships). Both have a permanent link to High Sec so you can get out to markets or do missions easily - although exactly where they open into hi sec changes every day. Both have large POSs with all you need to live there and an active CEO who keeps things going.

Basically, for casual gameplay you could do a lot worse.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

friznit wrote:Stuff do to with people of a similar level. There's Planetary Interaction for a nice steady income for minimal effort (bit of a chore to setup but then it runs itself), running sites in small gangs (bit like doing missions but less dull and more isk), explorating with probes, and a small risk of pvp to give it an edge (and no one shows in local). We have two wormholes atm - a Class 2 (entry level) and a Class 3 (slightly tougher, more income but need better ships). Both have a permanent link to High Sec so you can get out to markets or do missions easily - although exactly where they open into hi sec changes every day. Both have large POSs with all you need to live there and an active CEO who keeps things going.

Basically, for casual gameplay you could do a lot worse.
You have me a little inrtigued right now Friz, I was looking for this kind of experience last time I played, many months ago. I'd dabbled in exploration (actually got pretty good at it in hi sec), a couple of PVP roams with some experienced pilots and have a couple of planets in medium-high security, but never found a good group of people to do it with. You in for the long haul? I might give it a month and if the itch remains, who knows...
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

What sort of level do I need to be to survive out there, doing exploration with Tandy and helping out at sites, and still keep my dignity?

Like I said, I'm just a few moments away from getting a Vexor and the appropriate skills for a level 2 certificate, is that competent enough?
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Grimmie wrote:What sort of level do I need to be to survive out there, doing exploration with Tandy and helping out at sites, and still keep my dignity?

Like I said, I'm just a few moments away from getting a Vexor and the appropriate skills for a level 2 certificate, is that competent enough?
I spoke to you in some part about this yesterday but I'll put something here for Great Justice™ and as no one else has. As you know already' certificates are a good and intuitive way to know what you need to learn to theoretically be good at something. These are no substitute for actually being out there in a relatively safe area, learning from an experienced buddy,something which I've never really done as I've never been subscribed around the same time as any of 5punk bummers (I just read loads instead). The best way we can know how capable we are is to go out and shoot/be shot. I expect we'll lose ships, so, insurance!
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

For the C2 you really don't need much - a T1 fit battlecruiser is fine. Most people have a battlecruiser, an explorey frig of some kind and something to pew with, like a cruiser or some such. For the C3 you need a well fit battlecruiser as a minimum. T2 fit Drakes are popular cos missiles are easy mode, but by no means the only ship used. Personally I'll always be around, though not always on that corp's character as I have others doing different things as well. Jez (an old chum from Volcbat) is very active though and in X-5punkers channel - he can tell you everything you need to know if I'm not around.