Yay it's me!

Say hello. It's only polite.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord_gibbon
Svenno
Svenno

Yay it's me!

Post by Lord_gibbon »

so how many non source CS players are here?
hmmmmm?
Joose
Turret
Turret

yay you!

Post by Joose »

hullo, welcome, join us, etc.

just a CS man then?
you should aquire a copy of UT, ive started this week, tis most enjoyable.

also, you should get EVE. Utterly different, but most woo.

EDIT: if youve not yet done so, by the way, you should do this: http://www.kamikazestoat.co.uk/5punk/viewtopic.php?t=3

as it is usefull and good. Yes.
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

Yay, it's you!

I have tried getting standard CS to work on my machine, but it constantly hangs up, and I hate the steam thing. It's a shame, but then again, I didn't discover CS until years after everyone was still playing it, and every server I joined, I would be annihilated within seconds. :cry:

P.S. He's right you know http://www.kamikazestoat.co.uk/5punk/viewtopic.php?t=3
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Oi gibbon

Post by mrbobbins »

I enjoy playing a game or 12 of CS every now and again. Have to agree with Elephant, I've only been playing it a couple of months and every time I think i'm getting better...

*start game, buy stuff, run, headshot*
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

the trick with CS (not that im great at it, but im ok) is to not run about like a loon. Which is quite hard to do when your used to stuff like UT.

Used to play quite a lot of networked games at uni. Out of the four of us, i was probably joint third in the "skills" stakes. one on one UT i would get annihilated. i only got a score in positive figures when two people were fighting and i would pop out of no where, slam rockets into them while they were distracted and run off screaming like a girl.

On CS, however, it was a very different story. I kicked all kinds of ass.

I put it down to this simple difference between the two games: If you stand still in UT, you are a sitting duck. But if you run about too much in CS, you cant aim for shit.

Theres a lot more of a softly sneaky type effort needed in CS.

Of course, hanging back a bit and using the rest of your team as a meat-shield can work quite well too :twisted:

just a thought, Mr Elephant, sir: would this not be better off living in the CS Forum?