Music

News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Music

Post by Joose »

ok, ok, so this is really just an excuse for me to avoid doing work. Again.

But i was wondering, what music do you guys listen to when your playing?
Cos when im playing shooty games such as UT and CS, i tend not to listen to anything. But a freind i used to play UT (the old version) with at uni insisted on listening to Elvis, convinced that he would loose if he didnt.

When im playing EVE, on the other hand, I tend to listen to eve-radio (http://content.eve-radio.com/). Its of....varying musical quality, but is sometimes great. Especially if DJ Blades is on. Funniest man ive ever had the pleasure to listen to on an on-line radio station.
Of course, if you dont play eve, it wont be hugely interesting to you, as they tend to be going on about in game events.

Right now, im listening to Ween. They are all the woo.
If you havent heard them before, i suggest getting a copy of Chocolate and Cheese, probably thier best.

/sings "Im waving my dick in the wind!"

i really ought to get back to work again.
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

I never listen to music while playing games, except UT2004 as it's so fast paced, and noisy, that extra noise doesn't detract from the gameplay.

When I play COD however, I always turn the game sound up, and have no music on.
Sound is really important in this game, because if you crouch, nobody can hear you, and if they are stupid enough to try and run around in a quiet house, I will hear them, wait, and then smash their skull open with the butt of my rifle! :twisted:

As for music in general, I love older stuff such as Jimi Hendrix, and the Sex Pistols etc...

I also like dance music, but only listen to that when I'm out clubbing, but at home recently I've been listening to Green Day, The Libertines and other bands that are flooding the charts at the moment.

Music is getting better at the moment, and "real bands" are appearing all over the chart, which is always a good thing.

Girls Aloud can "GET TO FUCK"
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Woo Elephant Yeah wrote: Music is getting better at the moment, and "real bands" are appearing all over the chart, which is always a good thing.
indeed.
Girls Aloud can "GET TO FUCK"
They certainly can. In more ways than one.
comrade yannnovski
Mushroom
Mushroom

Post by comrade yannnovski »

I dont really listen to anything, my stereo doubles as my computers sound system, so cant listen to CDs whilst playing, also my rather puny processor would no doubt struggle to play mp3s and games at the same time.

Tho saying that, battlefield vietnam has a brilliant soundtrack anyway, which you can turn on when in all the vehicles!
amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »

Last edited by amblin on May 6th, 2014, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

you were in that? maddness!
i saw the video, looked like fun. Laggy fun, but fun none the less :D
StickFigureNinja
Meerkat of DOOM
Meerkat of DOOM

Post by StickFigureNinja »

I'm almost always listening to music. I don't listen to any particular music for a game, I just listen to whatever I'm in the mood for. A lot of the time it's just my entire mp3 collection on random.