Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Does Helen Mirren get her kit off?
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

friznit wrote:I just watched a film about clones with some Scottish cupcake and a blonde chick with big tits. I can't even remember what it was called. Terrible.

:rectum: :rectum: :rectum: :rectum: :rectum: :rectum: :dohtwo: :dohtwo: :dohtwo: :buggered:
Any hint on what it was?
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Roman Totale wrote:Does Helen Mirren get her kit off?
No, but as she's as old as the queen her lady parts would look like a cheese toastie.

I like the bits were paranoid malkovich turns out to be right. And the bits where granddad Willis beats the snot out of everyone.
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Post by TheJockGit »

Helen Mirren, M2, Oh Yes.

./berk
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

HereComesPete wrote:
Any hint on what it was?
I'm pretty sure it's the island, since it has clones, a Scotsman (Ewan McGregor) and a blonde with big tits (Scarlett Johansson). And it's a Michael Bay film so it's shit.
Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Legoshoes »

Both Red and Scott Pilgrim were awesometacular.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Trick 'r Treat (2007)

This is an ideal watch for Halloween. It's not the best or scariest horror, but it's got a good story, or stories, and a good Halloween vibe.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

The A-Team

Simple, silly fun. A great popcorn film, not to be taken too seriously.

Loving Wikus as Murdoch.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Roman Totale wrote:The A-Team

Simple, silly fun. A great popcorn film, not to be taken too seriously.

Loving Wikus as Murdoch.
Yeah I enjoyed that one quite a bit.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Skyline

Takes terrible to new levels. Terrible acting, terrble plot, terrible clichés. No redeaming features. Sleep through and at least you'll get the benefit of a couple of hour's rest.

:starfull: :starempty: :starempty: :starempty: :starempty: :starempty: :starempty: :starempty: :starempty: :starempty:
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

How was Rent?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Machete: Awesome, go see. now. no really. GO.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Despicable Me

Did someone review this already? I can't remember. It's very funny though. Definately worth watching.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

friznit wrote:British made film about a bunch of Roman soldiers cut off behind enemy lines in Scotland. Very compelling, well-researched and lots of graphic head choppings off. You hardly notice the non-Hollywood budget and although it could have used more Romans doing what Romans do it was nevertheless a cracking good film. Well worth watching.
Am I the only one that really disliked all the Roman characters? Admittedly I've never liked Romans (excluding our Roman off course) to begin with, but I find it hard to sympathise with imperialists. Probably because I'm from a country that has been imperialised (I think I made that word up) countless times.

Also swords are super death machines that hack off limbs and heads at a mere touch of the blade, but this is a mistake pretty much every film that has swordfighting makes, so I'll happily ignore it.

(still very much enjoyed the film btw)
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

I can't argue with that. I've never tried to hack anyone's limb off with a sword.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I love you Phillip Morris

A mostly true story about Steven J Russell, a faaabulous con man (Jim Carrey) that whilst he's in prison falls in love with fellow detainee Phillip Morris (Ewan MGregor) and does everything whatsoever to first get him out of prison and make his life as luxurious as possible, with all the consequences thereof.

I must admit I was never a big Jim Carrey fan but I liked the Truman show so I gave this a go, and what a good idea it was! Jim Carrey is significantly more pleasant to watch than in most of his older films (IMO), which really helps as he's trying to portray an actual character and comes off as a charming but mischievous con artist that really only wants to make life more pleasant for those he cares about. Most people will give this a miss as it's about two faaabulous men (and there is some faaabulous kissing), but don't be a bigot and let that stop you as it's guaranteed to get you brownie points with the missus and you might get a few laughs out of it, I sure did.
Oh, and Ewan McGregor plays an incredibly convincing faaabulous man, just wanted to throw that out there.

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Very, very charming adaptation of the Roald Dahl story by Wes Anderson, and while it has the typical Wes Anderson humour (as in, not really funny in a ha-ha way) that doesn't really stop it from being pretty funny at times and genuinely clever. The only bad thing I can say about it is that sometimes the film is a bit slow and despite being animated might not be entirely attractive towards children due to it having a specific 'feel' which makes it less of a happy film but certainly one that makes you feel warm inside. The voice actors do a great job in portraying their respective characters, especially George Clooney, Meryl Streep and Bill Murray to name a few.
I must admit I have a soft spot for stop-motion so I'm always a bit biased when it comes to films like this but if you've liked other Wes Anderson films watch this too. If you've never seen one of his films this is a good introduction.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

TRON Legacy

Just went to see this at the new IMAX in Uxbirdge. While I suspect this is one of this big money movies that people will love to hate, I thought it was great. Special effects were superb, 3D was never overstated, soundtrack by Daft Punk was excellent throughout and the acting was convincing. The story may be a fairly regular fairy tale job without much in the way of twists and turns (this is Disney after all), but frankly it carries it off fine without ever seeming pretentious. Worth watching.

Skeltons

Quirky British Indie black comedy about a couple of exorcists who literally dig skeletons out of the closet (that is, expose all your dirty secrets). Quite difficult to follow at times and not much of a comedy as a quirky drama, but worth renting off Blinkbox for 3 squids if you have a few hours to kill.
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Post by TheJockGit »

friznit wrote:TRON Legacy
So Glad, had a feeling this was going to be a pile of shit, cos i loved the original when i went to see it.. looking forward to this now
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

friznit wrote:TRON Legacy

Just went to see this at the new IMAX in Uxbirdge. While I suspect this is one of this big money movies that people will love to hate, I thought it was great. Special effects were superb, 3D was never overstated, soundtrack by Daft Punk was excellent throughout and the acting was convincing. The story may be a fairly regular fairy tale job without much in the way of twists and turns (this is Disney after all), but frankly it carries it off fine without ever seeming pretentious. Worth watching.
Why the fuck do we have to wait until the 26th of January to watch this? It's getting very hard to avoid plot spoilers and reviews now. (Although I value the opinion of a 5punker)
Sol
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Sol »

HP deatlhy hallows pt.I

Standard crappy acting from Daniel Radcliffe, not bad film overall however. Nick Cave's O' Children being in it was the best bit.