For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MORDETH LESTOK
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Fringe

Post by MORDETH LESTOK »

New series "FRINGE" starting tonite:

From J.J. Abrams ("Lost"), Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, the team behind "Star Trek," "Mission: Impossible III" and "Alias," comes a new series that will thrill, terrify and explore the blurring line between the possible and the impossible.
When an international flight lands at Boston's Logan Airport with no signs of life, FBI Special Agent OLIVIA DUNHAM (Anna Torv) is called in to investigate as part of an inter-agency task horse. After her partner, Special Agent JOHN SCOTT (Mark Valley), is nearly killed during the investigation, a desperate Olivia searches frantically for someone to help, leading her to DR. WALTER BISHOP (John Noble), our generation's Einstein. There's only one catch: he's been institutionalized for the last 17 years, and the only way to question him requires pulling his estranged son PETER (Joshua Jackson) in to help.

When Olivia's investigation leads to multi-billion dollar corporation Massive Dynamic and its manipulative corporate executive, NINA SHARP (Blair Brown), our unlikely trio, along with Department of Homeland Security Agent PHILLIP BROYLES (Lance Reddick) and FBI Agents CHARLIE FRANCIS (Kirk Acevedo) and ASTRID FARNSWORTH (Jasika Nicole), will discover that what happened on Flight 627 is only a small piece of a larger, more shocking truth.

The FRINGE pilot is directed by Emmy Award-winning Alex Graves ("The West Wing"), and the series is produced by Warner Bros. Television and Bad Robot Productions. J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner and Bryan Burk serve as executive producers.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I watched the preair of the pilot, kinda failed to grab me.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

For some odd reason I was expecting Soloman to be involved in this thread :P
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

buzzmong wrote:For some odd reason I was expecting Soloman to be involved in this thread :P
:lol:
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

the official 5punk name for this should be Minge.

That is all.
MORDETH LESTOK
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by MORDETH LESTOK »

meh...as you said...not so grabbing...looked pretty and was done well...nice little story with a twist...but Paisley? Not sure if the main toons are good enuff to keep interest...I predict...cancelled in 6 episodes...
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I really struggle to get interested in US drama type shows these days. Lost and other lazy, padded-out shows have put me off.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAu4L5_Fl84[/media]
This looks clichéd and poorly acted.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

spoodie wrote:This looks <strike>clichéd and poorly acted</strike> like something typically produced by JJ Abrams.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

A 'modern x-files', with the good bits removed. The unnecessary use of the blast beat drumming for a few seconds as stuff crashed or blew up ells me this show will be AWESOME! YEAH!111!1ONE! HOO-RAH!6!
Killavodka
Cheese Lord
Cheese Lord

Post by Killavodka »

Really enjoying this, on to the third season now. Nice ongoing storyline, but does require brain to be switched on due to parallel universes and the such. Would suggest anybody who got put off by the initial episode watch 2 or 3 before making judgement.