Urban Dead

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

randomgazz
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by randomgazz »

I still can't believe how little I have posted on here. I have been playing this for a while now, it's pretty addictive. I'm currently holed up in chudleyton helping out with the caiger mall. When this falls I'll head toward you guys.
http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=196399
Last edited by randomgazz on November 28th, 2005, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

Hoorah I've registered as a fireman.

I then swung my axe at a zombie for about 5 mins, and nothing happened.
I'm now in a warehouse with 3 other random people, and nothing better to do.

Can someone post a mini guide to get me going, and meet up with other 5punkers?
randomgazz
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by randomgazz »

Try and make sure that when you run out of APs you end up in a building that has been barricaded a bit, but preferably no a resource building, as these are often targeted by zombies. Have a look at the wiki for the suberb you are in to see if anything special is happening there. When you level up hand to hand combat would be a good skill to get as it will increase your hit chance to 40%. Free running would probably be the best skill to get after that. I wouldn't bother searching police departments for guns at the moment, you probably won't hit anything with them. Which suburb are you in now?
EDIT: Bung a link to your profile in the 5punk page of the wiki as well.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I'm in the Staples Building, NW Ketchelbank which is a Necrotech building as well. Going to stick here for a day or two and rack up some XP from DNA extracting the zombies in the zoo next door.

I have a poetry book and will be doing readings at the Bungay jazz club, smelly hippies welcome :ignore:

EDIT:
Can someone post a mini guide to get me going, and meet up with other 5punkers?
Have a look through this part of the wiki to get you started. You can enter any barricaded building if it doesn't say "heavily" in the description, I think, and you should do that before you run out of APs. Otherwise just explore, search areas and hack at zombies, this will increase your XP and the things you find can be useful. Check the wiki for descriptions of all the findable stuff.
Last edited by spoodie on November 28th, 2005, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Have we got a base anywhere, where we can all meet up?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

We're in the process of trying to get a base together where we can pool our resources (medical, necrotech and protection), but we're as yet undecided as to whether to have a base in a nice safe area or a zombie infested on where we can gather XP. Personally I'd go for the zombie one and if we all die and turn into zombies then we can be a zombie group instead :D

I think I've said zombie too much in this post........ mnnnnnngh
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

EDIT : We need an Enya zombie image :lol:
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Dog Pants wrote:Personally I'd go for the zombie one and if we all die and turn into zombies then we can be a zombie group instead :D
I'm close to upgrading my lab skills and would be able to revive anyone that gets zombified, expect if it's me
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Should we move this to the 'Other MMOs' forum? That way we can plot and scheme in more threads.

In other news I have created a new character who is a fireman (RTotale for originality, currently residing right down at the bottom of the map in Buttonville). My rubbish medic has been resurrected by some nice passing scientist, currently in Shearville but heading towards Rhoden Bank.

:ahoy:
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Right then, Urban Dead has been added to the icon list, and the 5cheduler too.

*wanders off to use up points aimlessly*
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Woo Elephant Yeah wrote:Right then, Urban Dead has been added to the icon list, and the 5cheduler too.

*wanders off to use up points aimlessly*
Don't use them aimlessly, use them to go out and hack up zombies!

Actually, I've noticed something (I may be wrong though). Zombies appear to get XP faster than humans; I bit someone once as a zombie and seemed to get about 20 XP from it. Like I said, I could be wrong though. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

I'm going to leave my account for about a week, then go on a zombie mashing extravaganza.

Does anyone need a fire axe? I seem to have 2
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Woo Elephant Yeah wrote:I'm going to leave my account for about a week, then go on a zombie mashing extravaganza.

Does anyone need a fire axe? I seem to have 2
You get a maximum of 50 AP's (a days worth) so you can't build up loads to go on a rampage with, sadly :(
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

You only get a maximum of 50 APs, generated at one every half hour. 25 hours = full APs, so leaving it a week will waste 300 APs. Assuming you were leaving it to build up APs in the first place.
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Ah okay, thanks for letting me know.

50 is a nightmare unless your already right next door to some zombies, because every time I swing my axe, I miss the zombie anyway :cry:

How many times does it a take a n00b fireman to kill a zombie in UD anyway?
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Woo Elephant Yeah wrote:Ah okay, thanks for letting me know.

50 is a nightmare unless your already right next door to some zombies, because every time I swing my axe, I miss the zombie anyway :cry:

How many times does it a take a n00b fireman to kill a zombie in UD anyway?
I've only managed to kill 1 so far, usually only get a few hits in to reduce Zomb health, I was holed up with about 25 survivors in a PD for 4 days, a lot of people would go zomb hunting then return to say "Left a Zombie with only 15 health 4 blocks west" which is how I got a kill, I would do the same, go hunting then come back and tell everyone where I left a slightly injured Zombie, you'd be very lucky to kill a Zombie at full health in one round with an axe.

Also I have no idea if you can pick up items other people have dropped?

I am going to head for the Caiger Mall in Chudleyton as I have heard reports that there is a massive Zombie attack there and I want to see for myself what a huge Zomb hoard looks like :shock: , and also try to axe a few!, after that i'll head to the North East which is the general direction I think 5punk is heading for.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Well, a fireaxe does 3 damage and a healthy zombie will have 50 hit points. That means you have to hit the bugger 17 times to kill it. Figure in your basic hand-to-hand skill of 25% and you can multiply that by 4 = 68 APs.

So you're not likely to kill one at first level, but every point of damage you do is a point of XP that you can put towards advanced hand-to-hand. This'll give you a 40% chance to hit, almost halving the amount of APs it'll take you. When you start killing zombies you get an extra 10XP for the kill too.

It should be easier then to get Free-running (to survive) and maybe shotgun skills (they do 10 damage and are great for softening a target up or landing the killing blow).

I would recommend teaming up with the other 5punkers, because if I can soften a zom up at between 8 and 9am and tell you where he is and how much health he has, you can pile in later in the morning and finish it off for the XP. It's unlikely the zombie player will have had chance to move by then.

One thing to be aware of; some zombies can track you if you hit them and don't kill them. Not really a problem most of the time but I've been eaten once because of this. I would imagine though that if you enter a barricaded building, expecially one quite a way away, they won't bother trying to get you. Later with freerunning you can enter a baricaded building and jump to the next one. They might crack open the first building, but they'll not have enough APs to break the next one. If they try yo may find a zombie outside with no APs for you to hack away at some more.

EDIT: You can't pick up items others have dropped (which is a shame 'cos I've got about half a dozen flak vests).
Please take a screenshot of the zom horde Bobbins :)
I was planning on heading somewhere a bit more central so we can have easy access to targets. I'm quite capable of killing zombies (ammo allowing) in a turn so I can go out and soften some up for you guys.
We could do with scouting some zoms out for the Necrotechs 'cos they need the XP and they'll be extremely useful for getting us un-zombimafied.
Last edited by Dog Pants on November 29th, 2005, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
randomgazz
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by randomgazz »

mrbobbins wrote: Also I have no idea if you can pick up items other people have dropped?
Not at the moment, the only way to get an item is to look for it in whichever building has it. They keep talking about a trading system, but there is nothing yet.
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

randomgazz wrote:
mrbobbins wrote: Also I have no idea if you can pick up items other people have dropped?
Not at the moment, the only way to get an item is to look for it in whichever building has it. They keep talking about a trading system, but there is nothing yet.
Surely if I drop it in a location*, then you search that location, you will find it???

*providing you are there at the same time
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Woo Elephant Yeah wrote:
randomgazz wrote:
Surely if I drop it in a location*, then you search that location, you will find it???

*providing you are there at the same time
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Searching just gives you a random chance of finding something depending on the location.

Also, I've been looking at the wiki entry for the Caiger Mall Survivors and reckon it might be fun to go and help out for a bit. Over a thousand zombies as targets, 300+ survivors holding them off for months, supplies and reviv points for our pet zombies. What do people think?