Moderator: Forum Moderators

tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Metro 2033 System Specs Released

Post by tandino »

Looks like it could be a fairly demanding one
destructoid wrote:Minimum:

* Dual core CPU (any Core 2 Duo or better will do)
* DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards (GeForce 8800, GeForce GT220 and above)
* 1GB RAM

Recommended:

* Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU
* DirectX 10 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 260 and above)
* 2GB RAM

Optimum:

* Core i7 CPU
* NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)
* As much RAM as possible (8GB+)
* Fast HDD or SSD

Enabling 3D Vision

* Metro 2033 utilizes NVIDIA 3D Vision with compatible cards and hardware. To play in 3D you will require:
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 and above recommended
* A 120Hz (or above) monitor
* NVIDIA 3D Vision kit
* Microsoft Windows Fista or Windows 7
How well do your PCs match up to this? Mine couldn't even run it in pretty slide show mode, but I'm well overdue an upgrade
amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »

Last edited by amblin on May 5th, 2014, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I hit recommended specs. I like how in optimum they put 'as much RAM as possible'. Very specific. The 8GB+ after it just made me laugh.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Oh, and a solid state HDD. Yeah, I'll nip out and get one :lol:
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Recommended doesn't look too bad, granted I don't meet the 3ghz + cpu though.

"As much Ram as possible" is the correct way of stating it though if you want to max the game out.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Problem is I almost hit recommended, but to do so I'd need to get a new graphics card, but due to my stepping stone (about 2 years ago) motherboard, it isn't really up to today's tech standards.

New GFX means new mobohoflomoroso - all well and good and I intend to soon, but just can't spare the expense at the moment. Unless I could put it through as a business expense.

My CPU is a E6600 core2 duo 2.4ghz stock, but in XP I was running it at just over 2.6ghz with no issues. I had it up to 2.8 when I first installed Win 7, but it seemed to be causing the occasional BSOD. Though it could also be my network adapter driver, or an IRQ not less or equal error. Windows minidumps aren't too clear. So far I've been unable to replicate the BSOD since lowering my overclock.

I'd probably want more RAM too, but for now I'm doing fine under Win 7 with a matched pair of 1gb corsair sticks.

I'm still in two minds about this anyway, following on from the previews/hands on sessions in Edge and Gametrailers.

I've got my sights on STALKER: Call of Priapism at the moment, but haven't even tried playing it.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Yeah this is the second game I'm interested in that my computer just isn't good enough for. I am pretty much on a new game buying freeze until I upgrade now.
amblin
Zombie Spanger
Zombie Spanger

Post by amblin »

Last edited by amblin on May 5th, 2014, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Better get onto mobo manufacturers to produce a board that'll hold that much ram before you buy it all.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I just exceed recommended. The only game I've had trouble with was AvP, and it just hung at the loading screen with DX11, but is fine with DX9. Oh, and FEAR - that still crawls on max w. widescreen.
bomberesque
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by bomberesque »

at a guess I think I'll hit optimum on everything except memory (got 6) and my HDD is 7200 .... if that's no longer considered *fast*

rather looking forward to this except for the fact that I only play games about 2 hours a week and I have a rather large backlog of steam purchases to get thorugh. Ho hom, they'll still be there when I'm retired and can play all day on my neuralnet 240k (TM) that will be imbedded in my cortex by then
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Steam preload is open.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

There doesn't seem to be any purchasing button on Steam at the moment. Perhaps pre-ordering is closed. Not that I plan to buy it until I've read some kind of reviews first.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Only review I'm aware of is this one, but it's the 360 version, so a lot of the complaints shouldn't affect the gaming master race. :P
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

That review is odd, their main gripe and praise is that it's not dumbed down, that it's a proper game for people who don't want to have their hands held by the developers.

I also can't quite grasp what they mean about "shooting". They've said the guns feel underpowered but apart from that, they're pretty much saying that for an FPS it lacks in the modern "action! don't let off the trigger, kill everything" vibe as that is what shooting means to them. How queer.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

:above: tis a bit odd, especially given the complaints, and that it still got a 9.

Thishas a few more reviews
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Oddly, this isn't on steam for the UK any more, but if you have a steam preorder it'll unlock on friday.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:Oddly, this isn't on steam for the UK any more, but if you have a steam preorder it'll unlock on friday.
I think it's how they handle the regional unlocks thing, the Dragon Age Awakenings expansion disappeared from the list of available DLC under the main game on Tuesday, when it was released in the US.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Early impressions:

This is what happens if Stalker, and Fallout 3 make a baby.

Linearity is fairly close to HL2, but gives you a little more chance to explore, some interaction in stations.

Friendly AI is a little dozy mostly, but I put that down to it being fairly scripted as far as I can tell.

The way that filters in gasmasks last a fairly short amount of time is good, gives you panicked moments getting the gasmask on when you need it.

Jesus christ it's pretty, though I had to turn it down from very high, to high, for the good of my graphics card.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

oh, and it's deeply russian, I had to restart steam, then do This, then reset controls and turn sound volume up from 0.